Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Hawks 5-2

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Heineman looked ok for his few shifts, some good hits and didn’t panic under pressure. When him and Ylonen are on the ice the speed is noticeable.

Wouldn’t mind our 4th line next year being Ylonen - Beck - Heineman (ideally some vets will be moved and they get a chance on the 3rd).

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Screenshot_20231223_120301_YouTube.jpg

How the f*** is that offside?

Puck is to the left, zoom in as I was in landscape mode.

Darren Pang was saying that was a good goal

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Absolutely right, Armia was great especially later on in the game.

I doubt it’s a direct influence but when Armia is on his game, I see what Slafkovsky has been doing lately. Similar stick movement on the boards, similar smothering.
Yoel inspires.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
FFS, no game until next Thursday? How much break do these guys need, seriously? Just as Habs got the moment and rolling toward da playoffs. Way to kill it, NHL.

WJC is at some ungodly hour in the morning so won't be watch much of that either... sigh...

Heineman looked ok for his few shifts, some good hits and didn’t panic under pressure. When him and Ylonen are on the ice the speed is noticeable.

Wouldn’t mind our 4th line next year being Ylonen - Beck - Heineman (ideally some vets will be moved and they get a chance on the 3rd).
Wouldn't mind if 4th line had someone who could punch and run through the opposition. Hint: Pezz ain't it.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
I was eluding to Harris and xhekaj actually. Barron is a future 7D on this team lol. But Reinbacher, Hutson, Guhle, Struble, mailloux, Matheson for a few years. At least one unfortunately has to go between the two
for me its Harris that goes of the two, and its not even close. He's not that big, he's not that tough, and he's not that offensive. Harris is a D that does a lot of things well but no one thing great. I'd package him with Mono to increase the return at the trade deadline.

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
if the Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield line continues to gel this year, I expect Hughes to do more wheeling and dealing at the draft to secure a top 6 winger to play with Newhook and Dach on the 2nd line.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Even the hawks crew were expecting that to be a good goal.

Did the NHL have another angle that shows a clear offside because if they overturned the call based on this footage, that it so badly fumbled that the crazy conspiracies gain traction.
They would say its parralax angle, its how they always cover their...I mean, thats why it looks different.

Reactions: Runner77

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Whatever it is that MSL and the coaching staff is doing with these players is working and it's not because of a few wins and production from Slaf or the emergence of Struble. I say it because the team always finds a way to come back when down, it's getting to the point where I expect them to be down 1-0,2-0, and just keep playing and come back to tie it.

Hate to use it but this bunch of guys is full of karakter and it will bode well for them once we get to the playoffs. The only blemish right now is Caufield, it's not just his shooting percentage but his decision-making, something is off with him. MSL used Ylonen on that line and we scored a goal and he didn't look out of place so Cole needs to figure things out here.
Reminds me of the 2000's carbo teams when I would listen to murray and moffet on CJAD internet. Comeback kids.

Jul 6, 2016
If you told me at the start of the year we would be 3 points out of 2nd place in the division at christmas break id say your crazy. goes to show you how much everyone in our division has faltered, especially Toronto
With Dach and Newhook (and Savard) around Habs would have that second place in hands.

Reactions: _habsfan9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad