Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Hawks 5-2

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Even the hawks crew were expecting that to be a good goal.

Did the NHL have another angle that shows a clear offside because if they overturned the call based on this footage, that it so badly fumbled that the crazy conspiracies gain traction.
I expected it to be a goal.... while already knowing the final score (watching a recorded game). So I wasn't exactly being biased...

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
WOW is right. The angle they showed us on RDS was very deceiving but even then it didn't look conclusive enough to overturn. This photo doesn't look anything like what we saw to the extent I could be convinced this has been shopped. Please tell me they can't be this inept...

:help:
That was the angle I originally saw in the feed I was watching (Chicago feed). They showed the camera that is straight on the blue-line afterwards and Anderson was clearly offside.

It's an illusion based on our camera angle. It makes it seem like the puck that is in the air is actually over the blue line but when you see the proper angle both of Anderson's feet are over the blueline first.

Reactions: NotSNFan and Rapala

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
La victoire signe Yoel Armia! The dude was everything and everywhere.

Great game by Slaf again. 2 points.

Barron was horrible.

Stuble is a stud!

Lessgo!!! Da playoffs are within a reach!
Absolutely right, Armia was great especially later on in the game.

I doubt it’s a direct influence but when Armia is on his game, I see what Slafkovsky has been doing lately. Similar stick movement on the boards, similar smothering.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Whatever it is that MSL and the coaching staff is doing with these players is working and it's not because of a few wins and production from Slaf or the emergence of Struble. I say it because the team always finds a way to come back when down, it's getting to the point where I expect them to be down 1-0,2-0, and just keep playing and come back to tie it.

Hate to use it but this bunch of guys is full of karakter and it will bode well for them once we get to the playoffs. The only blemish right now is Caufield, it's not just his shooting percentage but his decision-making, something is off with him. MSL used Ylonen on that line and we scored a goal and he didn't look out of place so Cole needs to figure things out here.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Saw Struble play prep / high school & Northeastern, always stood out for being an elite skater with lots of “truculence”.

Not shocked that Struble’s made an impact, but surprised the rate of improvement keeps climbing.

I expect next year Luke Tuch will establish himself within the org as well
Used to love to hear Howard Cosell use the word truculence! Excellent vocabulary my man!

Whatever it is that MSL and the coaching staff is doing with these players is working and it's not because of a few wins and production from Slaf or the emergence of Struble. I say it because the team always finds a way to come back when down, it's getting to the point where I expect them to be down 1-0,2-0, and just keep playing and come back to tie it.

Hate to use it but this bunch of guys is full of karakter and it will bode well for them once we get to the playoffs. The only blemish right now is Caufield, it's not just his shooting percentage but his decision-making, something is off with him. MSL used Ylonen on that line and we scored a goal and he didn't look out of place so Cole needs to figure things out here.
Probably a chick!

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Second game in a row with two points for Slaf, we keep saying points would come the way he was playing and here they are.

I also think Suzuki/Slaf can carry (almost) anyone on the other wing as long as they shoot the puck at the net and skate.

MSL post-game said what I've been thinking for a few days: Slaf's play has ripple effects on the team moral and effort level.
And Savard stabilize the Ds.

But after the Xmas break, the hard part of the calendar will start...

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Even the hawks crew were expecting that to be a good goal.

Did the NHL have another angle that shows a clear offside because if they overturned the call based on this footage, that it so badly fumbled that the crazy conspiracies gain traction.
Yes they showed the play from the blueline camera and it was offside. The over head angle looked onside because the puck was in the air.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The fact that we haven't bottomed out yet after these injuries shows the potential we could have if healthy and another year of development.

Yup. We're missing RHP too, so Newhook-Dach-RHP could have worked as a line.

Dvorak probably centers Monahan/Anderson with Evans with Gallagher on 4th line in that case.

Potential is definitely there for 4 lines.

We need to continue to upgrade the D, but Savard coming back has helped it for sure. He's a good veteran to have around. I'm not in a hurry to trade him. Good vets are hard to find. Just ask Ottawa & Buffalo.

I'm fine with Montembeault as #1.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Every time I expect this team to fold, they manage to avoid any sort of prolonged losing streaks (for now anyways). It's easy to talk about the fact that they have a lot of loser points and have won a lot of OT/SO games, but the thing to take away from that is that they're in virtually every single game. Would still love a high draft pick, but building a winning culture is just as important.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I know the board here was pretty harsh on Savard (me included), but I understand why he has won a cup. He is a legit top 4 guy.
Savard might have some flaws but one of his major strengths is he breaks up the cycle game in his end. Since he has been back the opposing teams don't cycle as much against the Habs. That was one of Weber's strengths. That is something this team needed to help with the young d-core.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Savard’s is the one guy I trust not to f*** up. This is the most accident prone D Corp I can remember.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Every time I expect this team to fold, they manage to avoid any sort of prolonged losing streaks (for now anyways). It's easy to talk about the fact that they have a lot of loser points and have won a lot of OT/SO games, but the thing to take away from that is that they're in virtually every single game. Would still love a high draft pick, but building a winning culture is just as important.

I feel like they have been feasting in OT, but someone mentioned that their OT record is only 8-5.... which is respectable but not dominant like I thought it was.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00