Habs at the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't see Bergevin dealing away some of our draft picks unless we get an impact player RW preferably with term on his contract. He's not trading for Dman, we have a surplus of them, if anything we deal one away, but when it comes to rentals, I'm thinking a big NO unless it's a steal (Vanek, Kovalev type deals)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I think Vermette will be expensive.

Michalek would be a good fit plus a RH shot, wonder if we could package Gilbert in the deal?

he might be, his top value is a 2015 1st but if we do get him i hope it'll be for a Vanek-esque deal, 2015 2nd + prospect.

For Michalek the Arizona posters think he'll fetch a 3rd, 3rd + a dump (Gilbert/Weaver) should be doable.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
What do you guys think of acquiring a guy like Jay Mcclement ?

Won't cost that much, maybe something like a fourth round pick and he could be an upgrade to Malhotra.

I have a feeling the likes of Sekera, Yandle, etc. will cost way too much. With luck, maybe the upgrade to our defense squad will come from Hamilton (I'm thinking of you Tinordi !)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
he might be, his top value is a 2015 1st but if we do get him i hope it'll be for a Vanek-esque deal, 2015 2nd + prospect.

For Michalek the Arizona posters think he'll fetch a 3rd, 3rd + a dump (Gilbert/Weaver) should be doable.

I would do a 3rd plus Gilbert for Michalek right now. Then I'd try and re sign him for 2-3 years.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Won't cost that much, maybe something like a fourth round pick and he could be an upgrade to Malhotra.

I have a feeling the likes of Sekera, Yandle, etc. will cost way too much. With luck, maybe the upgrade to our defense squad will come from Hamilton (I'm thinking of you Tinordi !)

Could be this year's "Weaver". For a 4th or 5th.

The best upgrade on defense is Emelin playing like he did yesterday. f he can do that regularly, we'll be fine back there.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011

Mcclement won't make a difference in our bottom 6. what we need is a top 4 defenseman and a top 6 forward.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Agreed that Emelin performance yesterday was encouraging.

I think Mcclement can offer more offense than Malhotra. But Yeah, won't be that much of a upgrade I agree.

The only affordable top-6 players i can see available are either Stafford or Stewart from Buffalo at the moment. I don't think we want to re-do the Bourque experiment with Stewart. Stafford for a second round pick might be interesting though.

As for top-4 defenseman, Methot and Michalek may be interesting options depending on the price. I don't see us putting the trigger to get Sekera or Yandle.

Analyzer*

What's the point of a trade proposal thread when we have 4 threads on top of that about people making ****** proposals ? Should we go for Phil Kessel ? Should we go for Yakupov ?

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Mate below me should blow me and the mate above me is a terrible gm lol

Last edited:

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
As for top-4 defenseman, Methot and Michalek may be interesting options depending on the price. I don't see us putting the trigger to get Sekera or Yandle.

What would Methot cost since he's UFA at the end of the season and is*supposedly* asking for 4-5M$ ? As a rental, his value can't be that great...

2nd or 3rd (2015) ?
Lvl A prospect ?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
What would Methot cost since he's UFA at the end of the season and is*supposedly* asking for 4-5M$ ? As a rental, his value can't be that great...

2nd or 3rd (2015) ?
Lvl A prospect ?

He'd definitely cost alot more than Michalek, he was getting some pretty serious consideration for team Canada last year. Dunno how much he'll go for tbh, he hasnt played much this season and he looked pretty bad in the games that he did (according to Sens fans).

2nd + B+ prospect seems about right tho, something like 2nd + Reway/Lehkonen from us for example.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
He'd definitely cost alot more than Michalek, he was getting some pretty serious consideration for team Canada last year. Dunno how much he'll go for tbh, he hasnt played much this season and he looked pretty bad in the games that he did (according to Sens fans).

2nd + B+ prospect seems about right tho, something like 2nd + Reway/Lehkonen from us for example.

Seems like a fair price for Methot.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

What the hell does he bring that we don't already have? An upgrade of our 4th line center isn't what this team needs.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
What the hell does he bring that we don't already have? An upgrade of our 4th line center isn't what this team needs.

Like I said cheap addition aka Mike Weaver style to be an upgrade from Malhotra coming playoff time. Not the team biggest need but still I'm not quite satisfied with our 4th line center having 1 points in 39 games.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Trade DD. He's not hurting the team but he's not helping and any time the team goes cold Therrien still turns to DD for some reason. Even if we got an exact clone of DD named Dougie Douglas it would be better because he'd never see first line minutes or get premium PP time or start in OT vs Crosby.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
Trade DD. He's not hurting the team but he's not helping and any time the team goes cold Therrien still turns to DD for some reason. Even if we got an exact clone of DD named Dougie Douglas it would be better because he'd never see first line minutes or get premium PP time or start in OT vs Crosby.

Then Parenteau would be MT's man.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
If Arizona is willing partners, the Habs might well look into the availability of Keith Yandle (RD) 1st, and either of Antoine Vermette(C/LW) 32 yrs. old and a viable top six veteran two/way type or Martin Hanzal (C/LW) 27 yrs. old and very reliable 3rd line center with top six potential in a pinch. The only real long term player I deem an ideal fit would be Yandle, to slot in behind Subban on RD on the Habs 2nd pairing. Depends on the cost going back, but the Habs 2015 1st, 2nd & 3rd picks and a roster defenceman with a top prospect like Bournival, Andrighetto or Thomas might get the deal done.:nod:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Like I said cheap addition aka Mike Weaver style to be an upgrade from Malhotra coming playoff time. Not the team biggest need but still I'm not quite satisfied with our 4th line center having 1 points in 39 games.

yea thats why i said Michalek is an MB type player, imo he'd be relatively cheap and extremely effective.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I know we're a bit dry on offense right now, but we have good offensive prospects in the pipeline. And honestly, our offense is not only 1 player from being on fire. I'd rather get a real solid #2/3 D and build from the backend - it would make us elite defensively especially with Price back there. Subban/Markov/acquired D/Beaulieu/Tinordi/Emelin would be pretty solid.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If Arizona is willing partners, the Habs might well look into the availability of Keith Yandle (RD) 1st, and either of Antoine Vermette(C/LW) 32 yrs. old and a viable top six veteran two/way type or Martin Hanzal (C/LW) 27 yrs. old and very reliable 3rd line center with top six potential in a pinch. The only real long term player I deem an ideal fit would be Yandle, to slot in behind Subban on RD on the Habs 2nd pairing. Depends on the cost going back, but the Habs 2015 1st, 2nd & 3rd picks and a roster defenceman with a top prospect like Bournival, Andrighetto or Thomas might get the deal done.:nod:

I think that's taking too much out of the hands of TT. In a very precious draft year, we can't afford to lose all our top picks.

Last edited:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Parenteau sucks man.
I thought he would bring way more offense than that. On pace for 30 points :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad