Habs at the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

Thing is for a 38 year old guy I dunno how much I'd be comfortable trading away.

Tough situation.

HabsDieHard*

Stay put. Be patient. Save resources for next year when we might be closer.

All of the other teams in the league looking to contend could improve between now and next year as well.

Also--no reason any resources sent out need to be for short term additions.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
We really need a long term upgrade for our top-6, however teams don't generally give up young, top-6 forwards that easily. Are we patient enough for the likes of Scherbak, Andrighetto, Hudon, McCarron, etc. to hopefully earn a top-6 spot, or do we try to put together a package for someone more proven?

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
I know he's older, and I'm almost certain he has a nTC but Shane Doan would be such a nice addition for this roster.

Yes I'm sure Doan will waive his no-trade clause to come to a city whose mayor sued him for defamation of character, lobbied Hockey Canada to remove him from the Olympic National Team, and who accused him of being anti-French.

What could go wrong? :help:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I'd like for MB to make a call to the Jets and try to pry away one of Ladd , Wheeler or Byfuglien. Problem is that the price would probably be quite high but depending on the price it could be worth it. Any of those 3 would fill a need on the team

I'm probably dreaming in color though

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'd go for Sekara or Methot, then some depth for the top-9 in Kassian/Vermette/Buff. That's an expansive shopping list, but it really puts us in the contender list.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Not enough to get what you needed.

This thread just seems like another idea for people to post their ****** trade proposals.

Habs need a top 6 RW right shot with size.
A bottom 6 LW with size.

Top 4 dman either hand.

A new coach.

Agree
Agree though i think there should be MORE such threads

this can be addressed by calling up sherback and/or Mccarron, or a cheap rental if they really aren't ready, best case scenario they are

I think we should get a TOP 6 LW instead so sekac can be on the third line, if anything

Now for the last 2:

We have markov, pk, gonch, emelin: experienced top 4 guys. Going forward we have bealieu and tinner both still projecting to be top 4 d, beaulieu having bumped emmy already. when Markov retires I think we might see PK, beaulieu, tinner and X in the top 4 with emelin the #5

in case you were thinking thats a crappy D corps, let me turn your attention to the fact that we are 1 goal over being the best goals against team in the entire league: yes our current defense is among the best few in the league.

I think X is going to be the RHD we pick with our 1st round choice this year.
Unless the return is someone who projects to be better/cheaper/sure to be here, from 2016-2021 than that pick, i wouldnt trade our first for it. ie maybe Cody Franson? i dunno

Now coach:

Michel Therrien is 101-54-16, since re-joining the habs.

Our team is better, PLAYS better, now than before he came.. by a landslide

THE MONTREAL CANADIENS ARE TURNING INTO A POWERHOUSE under his watch

Everyone on HF and in west side montreal can hate him all they want, but there is absolutely no possible way in hell he is getting fired barring a huge slide.

So can we please stop suggesting that he should be fired?
over and over again
thread
after thread
after thread...

So I guess all we need in the end is a top 6 LW with size and sniper ability

gimme that without giving up our first, tinner, beaulieu, sherb, mccarron or any core roster players and im sold lol

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Agree
Agree though i think there should be MORE such threads

this can be addressed by calling up sherback and/or Mccarron, or a cheap rental if they really aren't ready, best case scenario they are

I think we should get a TOP 6 LW instead so sekac can be on the third line, if anything

Now for the last 2:

We have markov, pk, gonch, emelin: experienced top 4 guys. Going forward we have bealieu and tinner both still projecting to be top 4 d, beaulieu having bumped emmy already. when Markov retires I think we might see PK, beaulieu, tinner and X in the top 4 with emelin the #5

in case you were thinking thats a crappy D corps, let me turn your attention to the fact that we are 1 goal over being the best goals against team in the entire league: yes our current defense is among the best few in the league.

I think X is going to be the RHD we pick with our 1st round choice this year.
Unless the return is someone who projects to be better/cheaper/sure to be here, from 2016-2021 than that pick, i wouldnt trade our first for it. ie maybe Cody Franson? i dunno

Now coach:

Michel Therrien is 101-54-16, since re-joining the habs.

Our team is better, PLAYS better, now than before he came.. by a landslide

THE MONTREAL CANADIENS ARE TURNING INTO A POWERHOUSE under his watch

Everyone on HF and in west side montreal can hate him all they want, but there is absolutely no possible way in hell he is getting fired barring a huge slide.

So can we please stop suggesting that he should be fired?
over and over again
thread
after thread
after thread...

So I guess all we need in the end is a top 6 LW with size and sniper ability

gimme that without giving up our first, tinner, beaulieu, sherb, mccarron or any core roster players and im sold lol

I think one of his assistance should be fire whomever run our pp and bring in a capable person .. look at st louis they grabbed kirk muller and he is doing wonders for their pp.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
We need a top-4 D, but since they're pretty expensive on the trade market, and our defense already is amongst the top of the league in terms of goals against, I'd be tempted to say this team needs another goal scorer. Pacioretty is way too dominant right now, he needs help.

39 goals to 20 last season.
20 goals to 11 this season.

It's just insane. We need another proven goal scorer. Vanek last season was perfect. We need someone in the same mold, even if not historically as performant. Would be good to find a middle to long term solution as well. David Perron would've been ideal on so many levels.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We need a top-4 D, but since they're pretty expensive on the trade market, and our defense already is amongst the top of the league in terms of goals against, I'd be tempted to say this team needs another goal scorer. Pacioretty is way too dominant right now, he needs help.

39 goals to 20 last season.
20 goals to 11 this season.

It's just insane. We need another proven goal scorer. Vanek last season was perfect. We need someone in the same mold, even if not historically as performant.

I think MB has to get both, a top 6 winger and a top 4 D, as our PP must get a lot better if we really want to try to go all the way.

Agreed that the Vanek move was perfect, but imo this year they need to do much more as Price is playing lights out and the east is wide open, let's go for it!

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I think MB has to get both, a top 6 winger and a top 4 D, as our PP must get a lot better if we really want to try to go all the way.

Agreed that the Vanek move was perfect, but imo this year they need to do much more as Price is playing lights out and the east is wide open, let's go for it!

This summer is a good time to fill the gap between Subban/Markov and the rest, as guys like Coburn, Sekera, Martin, Ehrhoff, Boychuk and Staal can be available. At the trade deadline though, I fear the prices will be off the charts for those guys. It might be an urgent need, but I do feel the number of players available is a good card for Bergevin.

As for a productive top-6 winger, it doesn't look like it's going to be available on the UFA market this summer. So at TD Day or UFA Day, no matter when, we'll have to pay a premium to put our hands on one. Might as well do is as early as possible.

I do agree though that getting another top-4 D is crucial for this team. A guy like Coburn would do wonders to this team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This summer is a good time to fill the gap between Subban/Markov and the rest, as guys like Coburn, Sekera, Martin, Ehrhoff, Boychuk and Staal can be available. At the trade deadline though, I fear the prices will be off the charts for those guys. It might be an urgent need, but I do feel the number of players available is a good card for Bergevin.

As for a productive top-6 winger, it doesn't look like it's going to be available on the UFA market this summer. So at TD Day or UFA Day, no matter when, we'll have to pay a premium to put our hands on one. Might as well do is as early as possible.

I do agree though that getting another top-4 D is crucial for this team. A guy like Coburn would do wonders to this team.

I think the top 6 winger and top 4 D is a must by trade deadline, would not wait as we only have Subban/Markov scoring goals from the blueline at this point, imo that must be addressed now.

As for top a 6 winger, I would look at a rental at the trade deadline but I'm not that worried about the off-season if they think Scherbak can make the team (which I could see happening)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think one of his assistance should be fire whomever run our pp and bring in a capable person .. look at st louis they grabbed kirk muller and he is doing wonders for their pp.

I think the issue with the PP is confidence. It's like anything else, once you lose confidence it's hard to get it back. PP's are not about "systems" they are about players making the right decisions and being on the same page. If your plays are scripted them other teams pick up on it and shut it down.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

From what Lebrun and co are saying MB isn't going to overpay for rentals so don't expect any big names. Maybe somebody cheap for a mid round pick. Last year he got a bargain on Vanek but that won't happen every year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
From what Lebrun and co are saying MB isn't going to overpay for rentals so don't expect any big names. Maybe somebody cheap for a mid round pick. Last year he got a bargain on Vanek but that won't happen every year.

A 2nd rounder and a high 2nd round pick (Collberg) was a solid price to pay for a rental (I like Collberg more then most). Would easily want to see them do that again or more. Don't care what Lebrun says, just what MB does. Will be very pissed off if he doesn't get us some help as this team has a real shot to go far imo.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
A 2nd rounder and a high 2nd round pick (Collberg) was a solid price to pay for a rental (I like Collberg more then most). Would easily want to see them do that again or more. Don't care what Lebrun says, just what MB does. Will be very pissed off if he doesn't get us some help as this team has a real shot to go far imo.

Vanek would have cost more, but most contenders had little cap room and NYI wasn't interested in retaining salary/cap hit. Odds are if you dangle a 2nd plus a good but not great prospect, you don't get a 70 point rental forward.

Lebrun is plugged in, usually he knows what's going on. Plus, teams that go far rarely do it because of a couple rentals.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
knowing MB i wouldnt be surprised if we ended up getting Michalek at the trade deadline, hes the type of player that MB likes to target and he fills a need. He'd be a great addition to our 2nd pair.

I dont really know which top 6 RW'ers are available, it'll be interesting to see who we end up getting.... if anyone. I think we might just do a package deal for Vermette (LW/C tho) + Michalek, theyre both MB type of players.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
knowing MB i wouldnt be surprised if we ended up getting Michalek at the trade deadline, hes the type of player that MB likes to target and he fills a need. He'd be a great addition to our 2nd pair.

I dont really know which top 6 RW'ers are available, it'll be interesting to see who we end up getting.... if anyone. I think we might just do a package deal for Vermette + Michalek, theyre both MB type of players.

I think Vermette will be expensive.

Michalek would be a good fit plus a RH shot, wonder if we could package Gilbert in the deal?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Tomas Kopecky for a 3rd , big speedy and im sure hes still have some grit in him.

I'd do it. Where do I sign?
(only if he still has some grit/heart in him).

I'd like for MB to make a call to the Jets and try to pry away one of Ladd , Wheeler or Byfuglien. Problem is that the price would probably be quite high but depending on the price it could be worth it. Any of those 3 would fill a need on the team

I'm probably dreaming in color though

Imo...Winnipeg (HOT-Winnipeg!!) will be looking to add...not substract, imo. (but, I could be wrong). Winnipeg may surprise a bit in playoffs...at least I want them too (after our Habs I'm rooting for Winnipeg...Jet fans deserve what they're currently getting...a pumped up team...and just wait until Jacob Trouba gets back!! Winnipeg might be the most underrated team in their Conference, no?). Wish we had Trouba!!

Last season may have been easier to get Byfuglien.
It's going to get harder and harder to get him...might as well wait for him to be UFA, but he's going to be very expensive, imo.

All of the other teams in the league looking to contend could improve between now and next year as well.

Also--no reason any resources sent out need to be for short term additions.

I'd go for it if Bergevin has an offer he cannot refuse.
(great trades...Dale Weise for Diaz.... Vanek for 2nd+Collberg....Weaver for 5th, I think it was a 5th).

Vanek was a HUGE lazy bust in playoffs...everyone assumed he was injured since he played like a zombie in playoffs (I don't ever want to see him wear the CH ever again), but that was still a good signing...at the time (I would have taken that chance, as well, if I were Bergevin). I thought the Isles would have asked for a 1st instead of a 2nd, and we really didn't need Collberg (we have one or two or more of Ghetto, Thomas, Renway, or Bozon...who can replace a Collberg,etc).

I really wouldn't mind another Diaz for Dale Weise trade!!
(Dale Weise:handclap::yo:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad