GDT: Habs at Leafs Pre-season game #6 Monday, October 2nd 7pm SN

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Should be a good one on paper, but the kids tend to play harder than the veterans at this time of year.
Agreed. Might feel like the most pre season game of them all. Enough games in the regular season so just have a skate.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Looked at Sportsnet and it says not available in my region.
Hm, odd. I think you should be able to watch the game tho... My Guide says it'll be on SNE, SNO, SNW and SNP which says to me it is national with no blackouts... so if you have access to Sportsnet you should be good to go.

Again, this game will not be on the Sports Pak or Centre Ice.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Worded it incorrectly. Meant it's unfortunate in the sense that while it appears like he's getting a shot higher up in the lineup, it's ultimately like he's just a placeholder for Jarnkrok.

I very much like Robertson.
Does he make the team any better? I dunno... has a potential upside that he has never shown at this level and is 22 now years old. If he can be sent down without waivers, I would bet on that happening. He might get a chance later in the season.

I do think the team has to make a move to become cap compliant if we are keeping Calle and Gregor.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
""

Posted for the PP lines.

I’d swap Bert and Tavares

2nd unit gets someone who can take face offs and 1st unit gets a shit disturber in front of the net

Not sure I understand.. are you referring to this game specifically? It is on Sportsnet and is a national broadcast so it will not be on any of the paid services unless you have Sportsnet+ which gives you basic SN plus NHL Live or whatever it is called these days.

Doesn’t it depend on which province one resides?

I recall being in Calgary couple years ago; it was a national broadcast but didn’t show there unless I remember incorrectly

Reactions: notDatsyuk

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Looks like our full lineup with one AHL pairing and Robertson in Jarnkrok's spot.

I really think they should put Jankrok with Matthews and Marner with Willy and force opposition to choose who they wanna put their top pairing against

Marner also provides defensive awareness on Willy’s line

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Streaming boxes... $20-25 per month... and you get every NHL channel, and all of the Sportsnet, TSN, AHL, CHL, ESPN... MLB, NFL, NBA... American Channels, European..

I pay $20 a month for bell fibe tv app, which has all the leafs games and basic cable which to me is good enough. Although I think you have to be a bell Internet customer to be eligible. In my experience the android boxes are not worth the hassle of their upkeep - apps getting shutdown and popping up as new ones all the time

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I pay $20 a month for bell fibe tv app, which has all the leafs games and basic cable which to me is good enough. Although I think you have to be a bell Internet customer to be eligible. In my experience the android boxes are not worth the hassle of their upkeep - apps getting shutdown and popping up as new ones all the time

Yeah, since I'm out of market have always had issues other than when Center Ice was reasonable. Used streams the last few years, when it wasn't on one of the major carriers and not blacked out.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

The main TV app on mine never changes, it's the one with the good stuff. Some of the Movie apps change, and they can be a bit of a pain though... .The main TV app I've had for four years now, no upkeep, nothing... never been down.

Reactions: Sypher04

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The main TV app on mine never changes, it's the one with the good stuff. Some of the Movie apps change, and they can be a bit of a pain though... .The main TV app I've had for four years now, no upkeep, nothing... never been down.

At one time I think you could get via Smart TV's, by downloading an App.

Can you still?

When we had IPTV (for about 4 years - I think I just threw out the android box this summer. I think I still have the minnie-keyboard somewhere) our TV's were pretty dumb/locked down, so needed a box for each set. I don't get to make all the calls 'cuz married so it was a bigger hassle.

Looking forward to this year ... I'm going to have less need for sleep :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Fogelhund

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Never a bad day to beat the Habs. Will be watching Benoit a bit closer especially given the injuries to Klingberg and Timmins. Hoping he can be this years version of Schenn. Ducks fans seem to like him. Bit shaky in game 1 which was to be expected I suppose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad