GDT: Habs at Leafs Pre-season game #6 Monday, October 2nd 7pm SN

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The weird thing is, we only play the Habs 3 times in the regular season and one of those is the opening night.

We play the Habs more times in this 2 week span than we will have in a year
Good. They shouldn’t even play TTOE

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Roster
View attachment 748192
View attachment 748196

Habs projected lines from Morning Skate:
22 Caufield14 Suzuki17 Anderson
49 Harvey-Pinard77 Dach20Slafkovsky
70 Pearson91 Monahan11 Gallagher
51 Heineman71 Evans56 Ylonen
59 Norlinder58 Savard
72 Xhekaj26Kovacevic
54 Harris94 Mailloux

Goalies
34 Allen
30 Primeau

If they insist on putting a winger at center and dropping Tavares to 3C, I at least hope they don't screw him over by putting the offensive black hole that is Sam Lafferty on his line, not when Calle Jarnkrok is right there.

If you are going to do that opening night 3rd line has to be

Knies/Domi Tavares Jarnkrok

If Jarnkrok can go he's got to be there over Sam Lafferty

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The weird thing is, we only play the Habs 3 times in the regular season and one of those is the opening night.

We play the Habs more times in this 2 week span than we will have in a year

After reading your post, I was curious who we played the most this year... anyway, here it is.

Buffalo
4​
Florida
4​
Ottawa
4​
Tampa Bay
4​
Boston
3​
Boston
3​
Carolina
3​
Columbus
3​
Detroit
3​
Montreal
3​
N.Y. Islanders
3​
N.Y. Rangers
3​
New Jersey
3​
Philadelphia
3​
Pittsburgh
3​
Washington
3​
Anaheim
2​
Arizona
2​
Calgary
2​
Chicago
2​
Colorado
2​
Dallas
2​
Edmonton
2​
Los Angeles
2​
Minnesota
2​
Nashville
2​
San Jose
2​
Seattle
2​
St. Louis
2​
Vegas
2​
Winnipeg
2​

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I’d swap Bert and Tavares

2nd unit gets someone who can take face offs and 1st unit gets a shit disturber in front of the net

Doesn’t it depend on which province one resides?

I recall being in Calgary couple years ago; it was a national broadcast but didn’t show there unless I remember incorrectly

Domi was at 53,7% on faceoff ( higher than matthews)

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
After reading your post, I was curious who we played the most this year... anyway, here it is.

Buffalo
4​
Florida
4​
Ottawa
4​
Tampa Bay
4​
Boston
3​
Boston
3​
Carolina
3​
Columbus
3​
Detroit
3​
Montreal
3​
N.Y. Islanders
3​
N.Y. Rangers
3​
New Jersey
3​
Philadelphia
3​
Pittsburgh
3​
Washington
3​
Anaheim
2​
Arizona
2​
Calgary
2​
Chicago
2​
Colorado
2​
Dallas
2​
Edmonton
2​
Los Angeles
2​
Minnesota
2​
Nashville
2​
San Jose
2​
Seattle
2​
St. Louis
2​
Vegas
2​
Winnipeg
2​
We don't play Vancouver?

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
Would be awesome if he could be this decade's Gunnarsson.
watching him play, i always likened him to kris russell lol a guy who's dependable and safe and also blocks hella shots

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wow, Keefe singles out Kokkonen as the "surprise of camp". "Where he is now compared to last year is incredible."

He's faster and seems a lot more aggressive. He didn't look good this time last year at all, even with the Marlies. He was sent to the Growlers for awhile.

Reactions: DarkKnight

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Well there is "national" but I'm in Alberta ... :sarcasm::sarcasm:

cal-092223-gya-11.jpg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Never a bad day to beat the Habs. Will be watching Benoit a bit closer especially given the injuries to Klingberg and Timmins. Hoping he can be this years version of Schenn. Ducks fans seem to like him. Bit shaky in game 1 which was to be expected I suppose.

Ducks has absolutely ZERO defensive structure and their forwards can't spell "backcheck" commandeered by freakin' Dallah Eakins

of course he looked "shaky"

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Doesn’t it depend on which province one resides?

I recall being in Calgary couple years ago; it was a national broadcast but didn’t show there unless I remember incorrectly

Residence matters not for 'national' games. You obviously have to have access to the network the game is on (CBC or Sportsnet), but there are no blackouts for national games.

Province of residence matters for regional games, for ALL Canadian teams. And for the Leafs it is even more complicated since there is an imaginary line that runs somewhere east of Kingston up to Petawawa I think, where that is considered the Sens region... anyway, all that to say, for 'regional' games you will get those on linear tv (TSN or SN) if you are in the home teams region else you need to have a pay service (Centre Ice, SN+) or do your best Blackbeard impression.

ALL games are available legally, but will you will have to pay unless you can get the games you want on CBC OTA signals.

Reactions: PromisedLand

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Would love if Kokkonen continues to progress - he's shown some solid promise and I still think he could become a really solid bottom pairing guy if all goes well. Outside of him and Niemela the D pipeline looks super thin, so that would be a great development. Hope he looks good along the real squad tonight

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Vyacheslav Peksa Training Camp → Minors
Dennis Hildeby Training Camp → Minors
William Villeneuve Training Camp → Minors
Marshall Rifai Training Camp → Minors
Topi Niemelä Training Camp → Minors
Ty Voit Training Camp → Minors
Alex Steeves Training Camp → Minors
Dmitry Ovchinnikov Training Camp → Minors
Braeden Kressler Training Camp → Minors
Roni Hirvonen Training Camp → Minors
Max Ellis Training Camp → Minors
Nick Abruzzese Training Camp → Minors

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Would love if Kokkonen continues to progress - he's shown some solid promise and I still think he could become a really solid bottom pairing guy if all goes well. Outside of him and Niemela the D pipeline looks super thin, so that would be a great development. Hope he looks good along the real squad tonight
His last game was quite noticeably good. Remember when we drafted him, a lot of Finnish leaf fans thought this is where he would be in his development curve. 6th D man. Good two way player. Maybe a Brodie replacement if he keeps going.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If they insist on putting a winger at center and dropping Tavares to 3C, I at least hope they don't screw him over by putting the offensive black hole that is Sam Lafferty on his line, not when Calle Jarnkrok is right there.

If you are going to do that opening night 3rd line has to be

Knies/Domi Tavares Jarnkrok

If Jarnkrok can go he's got to be there over Sam Lafferty
Is Lafferty that much worse? Points per 60 with the Leafs he was 1.70, while Jarnkrok was 2.14 (and JT 2.09). Of course Jarnkrok (and JT) played higher in the lineup.

Maybe they are more concerned with defensive support for JT. I know Lafferty's defensive numbers were bad in Chicago, but that was Chicago - how is he overall?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

Buffalo
4​
Florida
4​
Ottawa
4​
Tampa Bay
4​
Boston
3​
Boston
3​
Carolina
3​
Columbus
3​
Detroit
3​
Montreal
3​
N.Y. Islanders
3​
N.Y. Rangers
3​
New Jersey
3​
Philadelphia
3​
Pittsburgh
3​
Washington
3​
Anaheim
2​
Arizona
2​
Calgary
2​
Chicago
2​
Colorado
2​
Dallas
2​
Edmonton
2​
Los Angeles
2​
Minnesota
2​
Nashville
2​
San Jose
2​
Seattle
2​
St. Louis
2​
Vegas
2​
Winnipeg
2​
Other than Boston in there twice and no Vancouver, it's what they said - home and home against the other conference and more balanced within our own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad