Proposal: Habs and Ducks deadline deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
jonathan drouin as playmaker ?!?!?!?!?!?
Man that's rich

I have to ask, have you actually seen Drouin Play ? because I watch all of the habs games and I have a hard time seeing him play.

Yes I have watched him play, and you're probably one of the few Habs fan that was hoping for a french canadian savior. He's not. he's a 50-60pts winger, who preferes to pass vs shoot. Always will be. Doesn't change the fact he's a better player than what Mantha is. Mantha plays softer than Drouin, and is even lazier so...

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yes I have watched him play, and you're probably one of the few Habs fan that was hoping for a french canadian savior. He's not. he's a 50-60pts winger, who preferes to pass vs shoot. Always will be. Doesn't change the fact he's a better player than what Mantha is. Mantha plays softer than Drouin, and is even lazier so...
yeah don't presume to understand what my motivation was or is.
and no mantha isn't softer or lazier than Drouin.

when mantha is doing all of this floating around, what line is he on ?

inquiring minds want to know how the guy with 5X more goals is equally bad.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
no the scoring winger who has two goals ISNT outproducing anyone, including mantha. most of his assists are secondary assists where he didn't contribute to the goal. our scoring winger has 2 freaking goals all season, he can't get off a shot when there is LITERTALLY no one defending him.

which is hard to beleive because in montreal, there is ALWAYS someone defending him
Drouin has never been a SCORING winger. Get that out of your head. Anderson and Toffoli are scoring wingers, Drouin is a playmaker.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Drouin has never been a SCORING winger. Get that out of your head. Anderson and Toffoli are scoring wingers, Drouin is a playmaker.

actually we acquired him to play center and its hard to be a playmaker when you consistently stickhandle into traffic and then lose the puck.

jonathan drouin playmaker. laughable.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
yeah don't presume to understand what my motivation was or is.
and no mantha isn't softer or lazier than Drouin.

when mantha is doing all of this floating around, what line is he on ?

inquiring minds want to know how the guy with 5X more goals is equally bad.

Maybe cause goals aren,t everythign in hockey. PLAYMAKING, SETTING UP TEAMATES is also part of hockey. Adam Oates was a terrible shooter, and is still a HOF, same for Thornton, Backstrom, and a ton more player who were PLAYMAKER.

Get out of here if you can't understant that passing the puck is justa s important as scoring the goal when your picking up garbage in front of the net or empty netters

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Mantha plays on DET 1st line, 20min a game ish.

So yah, i'll take the one who's outproducing him while playing 2-3min less / game.
outproducing with secondary assists is not outproducing, even if you keep saying it is.

your argument seems to be that because he has so few goals, he must be a playmaker setting up his linemates.

that is what people call a lie.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
outproducing with secondary assists is not outproducing, even if you keep saying it is.

your argument seems to be that because he has so few goals, he must be a playmaker setting up his linemates.

that is what people call a lie.

Primary or secondary doesn't change zit.
"Let's just forget a part of hockey for the sake of my argument"

Drouin is a better player than Mantha, outproducong him offensively when playing 2-3min a night less. You may not like Drouin, I don't love his playing style either, but saying he's a bad player is totally false. And I persobbally feel that we do not need a lazy streaky winger who's 6'5 but plays like a 5'4 player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
montreal has quite a few adam foxes in their pipeline. impressive!

We have had great draft power over the last few drafts and lots of WJC quality type picks. Some will bust, some will be meh, and some will surprise. Harris and Norlinder are grade B+ types (today). It can and will change (+/-) moving forward.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
i forgot :sarcasm: to help your understanding. sorry.

Oh don't worry I saw the sarcasm. Not your fault, it's not for everyone to see potential. Beeing a NJ fan yourself, it's gotta be even harder considering your team can't do shit except when given a top5 pick like Hischier, Raymond or Hughes!

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
"terranraida said:
man. I am REALLY not looking forward to the upcoming weekend trade forum proposals where we get the privilege of taking other teams junk in exchange to our franchise players."

Got two now!​

Reactions: dracom

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Oh don't worry I saw the sarcasm. Not your fault, it's not for everyone to see potential. Beeing a NJ fan yourself, it's gotta be even harder considering your team can't do shit except when given a top5 pick like Hischier, Raymond or Hughes!
an expert is speaking. how could i disagree here.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Mantha plays on DET 1st line, 20min a game ish.

So yah, i'll take the one who's outproducing him while playing 2-3min less / game.
You obviously haven't watched Mantha this season, Mantha basically has been playing the 2nd line for 3/4 of the season. Ever since Bertuzzi went down it's basically been Fabbri-Larkin-Zadina on the 1st line. Other then some PP time Mantha hasn't been playing with very good linemates on the 2nd line.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
And yet Montreal fans continue to make their garbage offers for him anyways. Yet every Montreal fan continues to drool over Mantha being in a Habs uniform go figure.

When has a Habs fan offered anything other than spare parts for another spare part?

The only reasons a few fans might have done that is because Mantha is french and they still live in fantasy land (1993) thinking more local players will change anything.

Only thing Mantha has is a frame and a shot. He’s as valuable as any 3rd liner making nearly 6m a year - which is nothing. At this point the guy would probably get through waivers without being claimed. You can blame it on Covid, flat cap, Mantha’s production or overpaid contract, but it still remains the truth

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
"terranraida said:
man. I am REALLY not looking forward to the upcoming weekend trade forum proposals where we get the privilege of taking other teams junk in exchange to our franchise players."

Got two now!​

bolded 1 = totally agree
Bolded 2 = who’s the franchise(s) players in this deal? Unless I misread the OP there’s no franchise players involved in his trade.. attempt?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Post 55 is where you started the derail and made it a Wings vs Habs narrative. It's pretty clear " :laugh: "
:laugh: :laugh: So i derailed it by saying Mantha for Domi+Mete since there was reportedly an offer just like that being offered. You and other Hab fans were saying that Drouin was outproducing Mantha i've never once said anything about Mantha and Drouin that was brought up by you guys not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad