Proposal: Habs and Ducks deadline deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I will say lindholm isn’t part of that discussion.

maybe getzlaf... would be kinda neat to se Getz and perry reunited

Likely true. I can see Getzlaf waiving his NMC to join Perry, Weber, Price, Staal and the kids for the rest of the season but can the GM's come to agreement on value and salary cap issues for the Habs?

Gallagher on LTIR frees up close to $4M. Getzlaf would have to come with 50% retention and the Habs would have to send a contract the other way. Then what future would be included? Carter returned a 3rd and 4th.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Wow man Drouin 21 points in 38 games, Mantha 21 points in 42 games. Yeah Drouin is badly outpacing Mantha. Sure if we're going by this Mantha 38 points in 43 games in 2019/2020 pretty much a point per game and yet he missed 28 games due to injurie's.
drouin 2 goals and a bunch of secondary assists on goals by Anderson and suzuki that dried up, oh lets say 5 weeks ago.

He has fewer goals than EVERY player on the fourth line who get much less icetime.

Jonathan drouin is a washed up bum.

and its not like when he isnt scoring he brings something else to the table.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He came up in the ducks board, I wouldn't mind seeing if he has chemistry with zegras.

prepare to be disappointed. he is a bum, and lazy and entitled. He's the triple crown of crappy teamates

Reactions: MCB

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
drouin 2 goals and a bunch of secondary assists on goals by Anderson and suzuki that dried up, oh lets say 5 weeks ago.

He has fewer goals than EVERY player on the fourth line who get much less icetime.

So bottom line, he's ike Mantha. When he isn't producing, he's totally useless, cause that's exactly what Mantha is also

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Works salary cap wise... Not sure I'd do it but I'd consider it. Habs best option left to make a deal that provides value for this year and next.

Would Ducks fans consider this?

- Lindholm ($5.2M with one year left after this year)
- Getzlaf (50% retention = $4.125M)
for
- 2021 1st (top 3 protection)
- Harris (Grade B+ prospect on D)
- Lehkonen (RFA controlled)
- Armia (Pending UFA)

* Getzlaf waives to join Perry, Price, Weber, Staal and the kids
* Lindholm broke his wrist on Feb 27th and was out for 6 weeks. Scheduled to be back mid April ish?
Montreal reject this trade.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
prepare to be disappointed. he is a bum, and lazy and entitled. He's the triple crown of crappy teamates
All Bob murray heard is reclamation project that needs a change of scenery. He'll be calling shortly.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Just a classic HF proposal.

OP: I want this guy on my team

Also OP: This guy isn't that great- why would I give up my team's prospects/depth players for him?

Reactions: MCB

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montreal reject this trade.

Yeah, I have said that I am not sure I would do it as well. It's not some slam dunk return but when you see the other comments, it makes it look like we should easily do this deal cause it favors the Habs. Go figure eh.

But I do get your point. I'm not 100% of this idea and only created the thread out of curiously. It might shift to only Getzlaf and then I wonder, how much more of a trade value he has over Carter?

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017

Mantha producing less than a washed up bum playing 2 mins more a game... OUF

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
So bottom line, he's ike Mantha. When he isn't producing, he's totally useless, cause that's exactly what Mantha is also
does mantha get first line minutes he doesnt deserve because he's related to mo ? is he treated differently than every other player on the team because of the name on the back of the jersey ?

Was mantha drafted third overall ? Was he acquired to play a position he hasn't since junior ( which turned out exactly like one would have expecrted)?

like people saying " no in MY town they really don't know how to drive" I get the appeal of saying that your team has some underperforming players.

but Jonathan Drouin is in a class of his own, because the team thinks its absolutely THEIR job to do nothing but pump his tires and when he still isnt producing despite being given the best assignments, it ALWAYS his teamamates fault for not doling enough to get him going.

a lazy bum who is an anchor for every line he is on,

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah well dude, I'd take 11 Goals 10 assists 21 points from Mantha then 2 Goals 19 assists for 21 points from Drouin which is basically what Taylor Hall put up in Buffalo. Mantha has 9 more goals then Drouin. So what's his problem?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Mantha producing less than a washed up bum playing 2 mins more a game... OUF
secondary assists are a really really poor metric of production. and that is all drouin has.

this is a guy who lost the puck in a shootout without registering a shot, and he is has been so consistently bad, people don't even talk about it anymore.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah well dude, I'd take 11 Goals 10 assists 21 points from Mantha then 2 Goals 19 assists for 21 points from Drouin which is basically what Taylor Hall put up in Buffalo. Mantha has 9 more goals then Drouin. So what's his problem?

So you're telling me Joe Thornton sucked too right? Cause he had a couple of single digits goal season.
You do realise you need a playmaker in your team right?

I'll take the playmaker winger. Scoring wingers are easy to come by, see Toffoli and Anderson that Habs got for next to nothing.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
secondary assists are a really really poor metric of production. and that is all drouin has.

this is a guy who lost the puck in a shootout without registering a shot, and he is has been so consistently bad, people don't even talk about it anymore.

What is loosing the puck in a shootout has to do with everything said above? Drouin has been outproducing Mantha, AND has been having a bad season. So I do not see your point here buddy. Mantha has been equally terrible, how is one a cap dump, and the other one worth a premium return?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
So you're telling me Joe Thornton sucked too right? Cause he had a couple of single digits goal season.
You do realise you need a playmaker in your team right?

I'll take the playmaker winger. Scoring wingers are easy to come by, see Toffoli and Anderson that Habs got for next to nothing.
jonathan drouin as playmaker ?!?!?!?!?!?
Man that's rich

I have to ask, have you actually seen Drouin Play ? because I watch all of the habs games and I have a hard time seeing him play.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Look at their draft position Drouin #3 overall Mantha #20 overall yet Drouins best seasons is only 5 more points then Mantha's best season 53 points to 48 points Yeah Drouin is washed up bum alright.
Draft position doesn't mean anythign 5 years down the road. Mantha sucks just as much as Drouin. Both of them are cap dumps at this point, but one of them is signed for 2 more years @ 5.5, the other 3more @ 5.7.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
What is loosing the puck in a shootout has to do with everything said above? Drouin has been outproducing Mantha, AND has been having a bad season. So I do not see your point here buddy. Mantha has been equally terrible, how is one a cap dump, and the other one worth a premium return?

no the scoring winger who has two goals ISNT outproducing anyone, including mantha. most of his assists are secondary assists where he didn't contribute to the goal. our scoring winger has 2 freaking goals all season, he can't get off a shot when there is LITERTALLY no one defending him.

which is hard to beleive because in montreal, there is ALWAYS someone defending him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad