Speculation: Habs and Arizona Talking Dvorak Trade (Friedman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Would've been nice to keep both first round picks.... Especially since it's a deep draft AND it's in Montréal.

It’s likely something they wanted to do with KK here too but didn’t want to give up a 1st.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Would you rather:

Dvorak at 4.5M

Or

Danault at 5.5M, plus keeping the 1st and 3rd we'd have to give up for Dvorak.
Danault has nothing to do with this because it'S due to KK leaving
Danault is not worth 5.5m , he's overpaid by 2m and Giving a first for a 3rd center is nothing crazy to talk about , it just speaks panic action.

It will be even wors if its habs first round pick , actually it will be a complete disaster if it is

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Arizona trades Dvorak in Montreal for: i) the best choice between the Canadiens 'first round in the 2022 Draft and the Hurricanes' first round in the 2022 Draft (previously acquired); and ii) the Canadiens' second-round pick in the 2024 Draft.
However, in the event that one or both first-round picks from Montreal and Carolina are among the top 10 picks in the 2022 Draft (after the final order of the Draft has been established in accordance with the results of the 2022 NHL Draft Lottery), then Montreal will instead send to Arizona: i) the worst choice between Club's and Carolina's (previously acquired); and ii) the Canadiens' second-round pick in the 2024 Draft.

They should be getting the worst of the 2 first round picks.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Better at what? Statistically he looks mediocre, and I doubt he’s anywhere close to Danault defensively.

He had more goals than Danault, KK and Evans combined last year, so more than 3/4 of our centre line. He can play both on PP and PK. Sure, he's not a star, but at 4.45 a year it's a good contract for what he brings. He also can be trusted to take defensive zone face-offs, unlike KK.

Reactions: Redux91

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
So it's the better of our two firsts top 10 protected if one's top 10 it becomes the worse of the 2. If both somehow end up top 10 they still get one just the lower.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault has nothing to do with this because it'S due to KK leaving
Danault is not worth 5.5m , he's overpaid by 2m and Giving a first for a 3rd center is nothing crazy to talk about , it just speaks panic action.

It will be even wors if its habs first round pick , actually it will be a complete disaster if it is

It's the decisions that were made:

Don't offer Danault 5.5M.

Do offer a 1st for Dvorak at 4.5M.

I'd rather overpay Danault by 1M and keep that 1st, which could be a lottery pick!!

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
It's the decisions that were made:

Don't offer Danault 5.5M.

Do offer a 1st for Dvorak at 4.5M.

I'd rather overpay Danault by 1M and keep that 1st, which could be a lottery pick!!

It's top 10 protected, only way they get a top 10 off of us if both the picks are top 10.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Arizona trades Dvorak in Montreal for: i) the best choice between the Canadiens 'first round in the 2022 Draft and the Hurricanes' first round in the 2022 Draft (previously acquired); and ii) the Canadiens' second-round pick in the 2024 Draft.
However, in the event that one or both first-round picks from Montreal and Carolina are among the top 10 picks in the 2022 Draft (after the final order of the Draft has been established in accordance with the results of the 2022 NHL Draft Lottery), then Montreal will instead send to Arizona: i) the worst choice between Club's and Carolina's (previously acquired); and ii) the Canadiens' second-round pick in the 2024 Draft.

They should be getting the worst of the 2 first round picks.
What’s wrong with the trade it has top-10 protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad