Confirmed with Link: Habs Acquire Nicolas Beaudin From Chicago In Exchange For Cam Hillis

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't agree with that, Trudeau still didn't dominante the Q yet and never had the #1 chair with Lukas Cormier in front of him
I watched him in a few games in Laval and he didn't look out of place which tells me at the very least 3R is where he needs to play. I could be wrong but he has more than held his own in Laval so far.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Net result of this trade now and in the future, zero. Swap for parts and no real chance of impacting either big club. Depth for the minors.

Love how they use the term "diminutive" to describe him and he's 5'11".

I'd love to hear their comment on Hutson being "microscopic" :laugh:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I watched him in a few games in Laval and he didn't look out of place which tells me at the very least 3R is where he needs to play. I could be wrong but he has more than held his own in Laval so far.
Yes he looks good, but having the #1 chair in the Q won't hurt his development and he will be close from the Habs management in Blainville.

Reactions: Tyson

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sounds like good deal. A former first round pick. But 168lbs?? Wonder why Hawks would burn a first on him?

Sounds like good deal. A former first round pick. But 168lbs?? Wonder why Hawks would burn a first on him?

Ranger12

Jul 29, 2021

168 at the age of 23? Yeah, not very likely to get bigger at that age.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
f***ing loved Beaudin in his draft year. Smart player.

Hopefully hes a late bloomer?

Took a step back last year and apparently wasn't great at camp or in the AHL this year. A change of scenery might do a lot of good.

Chicago/Habs on a roll today. After the Beaudin/Hillis trade, now the Rocket and IceHogs (Chicago's AHL affiliate) make a minor league trade:

So they trade an ECHL forward to bring in an AHL/NHL defenseman and then acquire another forward to play in the ECHL to replace Hillis' spot.

So basically Beaudin+McKay (AHL contract) for Hillis.

McKay played with Dach in Saskatoon back in the day.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Net result of this trade now and in the future, zero. Swap for parts and no real chance of impacting either big club. Depth for the minors.

Love how they use the term "diminutive" to describe him and he's 5'11".

I'd love to hear their comment on Hutson being "microscopic" :laugh:
they wont comment on hutson at all, they wont see him.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Doubt either will ever be a NHLer, but at least it helps Laval.

Time to give Houle some more veterans and give him Hoffman, Drouin and Dadonov.

• Love
Reactions: 26Mats

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
they wont comment on hutson at all, they wont see him.
1666805699607.png

Reactions: tazsub3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad