Confirmed with Link: Habs Acquire Nicolas Beaudin From Chicago In Exchange For Cam Hillis

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hillis clearly wasn't in the plan anymore, so good trade.

I agree. I was a fan of Hillis' when they opted to sign him to an ELC over Houde, McShane & Fonstad. But unfortunately, Hillis was never able to establish himself in the AHL. So they gave up someone who played in the ECHL for a player who plays in the AHL and has 22 NHL games.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Funny thing is that it's EXACTY what the Hawks are saying....that Hillis is a good develpment project and it only cost Beaudin..lol. So good projects for both. Seems to me that both have reached a certain plateau though, it could take longer for d-men..and some will say that Hillis looked pretty good in TR compared to what he did last year. So...improving?

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Wow! Good trade! Even if Beaudin doesn't pan out, he fills an organisational need more than Hillis right now (in Laval, that is.. lol)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hillis was off to a good start with 3R. He had 2 goals in 3 GP. And he looked good in those games, as well. So hopefully for him, he will get a chance to play in the AHL with Rockford.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Is this why they sent Scheuneman down?
I can't imagine Joel E. being ready since he hasn't had a full contact practice yet.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not a bad gamble. Seems like Beaudin's offense never translated at pro level. Curious as to why that is

It's common. Once you turn pro, it's the biggest hurdle you face your entire career. Guys are bigger and faster and just as skilled as you. You have to overcome it with drive and determination and a lot of hard work on and off the ice.

A guy like Kidney is going to face a similar challenge once he turns pro. Keep working on skating and physical strength. He's going to need it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad