Habs about to be mathematically eliminated from playoffs.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I'm just going by what's listed on Hockey Reference. It lists Matthews, Kadri, and Marner as centers.

In any case, 75 or 67 is considerably more than Montreal's 9.
Don't disagree.

FWIW, Marner has never had a shift as a C with the Leafs that I'm aware of. Let alone be listed on HR.
Very strange.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm just going by what's listed on Hockey Reference. It lists Matthews, Kadri, and Marner as centers.

In any case, 75 or 67 is considerably more than Montreal's 9.
Some of those database sites take forever to catch-up. Marner played center occasionally in junior.

Just look at the prospect threads on a yearly basis. You have a bunch of fans of a team desperate for a center asking if guys who have pretty much exclusively played wing for the last 2 years are centers. Just look at Brady Tkachuk or Wahlstrom threads.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I dunno, that's how he's listed: Mitch Marner Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

But what's really great is his photo:
marnemi01-2017.jpg

He looks like the smart-ass high-school son in a late-80s network sitcom...

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I said it before -- if Habs' fans and Oilers' fans combined teams, we'd be half decent (maybe compete for the playoffs).

Take whoever passes for a Montreal center and toss them off a cliff, replace them with McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH and we've got a team. Maybe we should keep Larsson and Nurse, they're pretty good D-men. You guys can keep your 4 best D's, and all your wingers since ours can't shoot a puck to hit the side of a barn from 1 foot away.

We'll call them: 'The Alberta Quebecers'.

Oh yeah, and both GMs must go.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yah but he isn't though
I'm well aware. it very clearly outlined what he did. then you asked why the results were what they were. when it was already answered. I'm sure you could find that about quite a few teams.

do you ask a lot of questions after they're answered already?

Reactions: iSophagus

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I think a lot of teams will get eliminated over these next ten or so games.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Montreal needs help in a lot of ways. Got to think they're going to make some big changes this summer.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm well aware. it very clearly outlined what he did. then you asked why the results were what they were. when it was already answered. I'm sure you could find that about quite a few teams.

do you ask a lot of questions after they're answered already?

He makes a lot of dumb posts and asks equally dumb questions. Really all over the place.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
They haven't been mathematically eliminated, you are wrong.

Technically you are wrong. NJ has 82 points, Montreal can get 82 points if they win out, however that would not be enough since NJ has the ROW tie breaker at 35. Montreal can only get 33 ROW if they win out.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad