GDT: Habs' 2015 Golf Tournament: Captain will be named & Galchenyuk to play C per Bergevin

NewHabsEra*

Patch Galchenyuk Semin

Hudon Plekanec Kassian

DLR Eller Gallagher

Weise Mitchell DSP

Traded: Desharnais

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
As much as we rail on Desharnais. I think his creativity might just mesh well with Eller. Put DSP on the line and it adds additional size and physicality, which proved to help offset the limitations of DD. Kassian may also work, but unless one of the kids from Hamilton steps up, we're too thin on left wing to not put Semin there. I know some are penciling in DLR as a third liner, but personally, I don't feel he adds enough offense to work.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Kassian/Gallagher
Semin - Plekanec - Kassian/Gallagher
Desharnais - Eller - DSP
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

dreamingofdrouin*

Patch Galchenyuk Semin

Hudon Plekanec Kassian

DLR Eller Gallagher

Weise Mitchell DSP

I don't want to see semin with chuckle to start off. They are both guys who need to prove themselves, but the primary objective is doing everything to make chuckie comfortable. Put him with Gallagher who he's familiar with and who we know is gonna contribute everything he's got Let pleky, a vet deal with semin

dreamingofdrouin*

Also it's a 2 horse race on the captain situation. Pacman and suuby doo, and I can't figure out who should get it. If I was coach is name price captain but I really don't see that happening

NewHabsEra*

I don't want to see semin with chuckle to start off. They are both guys who need to prove themselves, but the primary objective is doing everything to make chuckie comfortable. Put him with Gallagher who he's familiar with and who we know is gonna contribute everything he's got Let pleky, a vet deal with semin

I desagree.. Gallagher has a very big heart but has limited skills and plays a north south type of game while Galchenyuk plays more east west and likes to be creative .. I prefer to put the most skilled guys on the same line to have more offensive punch and finally have a respectable first line.. Of course, if Semin has a desapointing camp, then I agree with you, but Ive a good feeling about Semin this year..

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So dare I hope that maybe the team is ready to step forward in spite of Therriens awful bench management? The next step is to send Therrien back to RDS where he belongs, until that happens we do not get to the next level.
Let's hope that someone in the organization has gotten through this guys thick skull, and made him look at things a little differently...I am not convinced, but I am hopeful...:popcorn:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
As much as we rail on Desharnais. I think his creativity might just mesh well with Eller. Put DSP on the line and it adds additional size and physicality, which proved to help offset the limitations of DD. Kassian may also work, but unless one of the kids from Hamilton steps up, we're too thin on left wing to not put Semin there. I know some are penciling in DLR as a third liner, but personally, I don't feel he adds enough offense to work.

Desharnais - Eller - DSP
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

This is how I see it as well.

I desagree.. Gallagher has a very big heart but has limited skills and plays a north south type of game while Galchenyuk plays more east west and likes to be creative .. I prefer to put the most skilled guys on the same line to have more offensive punch and finally have a respectable first line.. Of course, if Semin has a desapointing camp, then I agree with you, but Ive a good feeling about Semin this year..

I agree with both of you. I like putting skilled players together. I think the fact that Galch and Semin both have something to prove could actually elevate their games. It just might take a few more games for them to mesh or they might hit it off right away. On the other hand which of those players is going to go in front of the net and in the corners? You can count on Gallagher to never take a shift off. The fact that he plays north south might just be what that line needs. He also scored 24 goals, 4x as many as Semin so he's no slouch in that department.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
Hudon, Sherbak, Ghetto, Holloway, Thomas.

That's 5 guys that wanna make the team right away, and have a shot at it imo.

Things may get interesting :)

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Desharnais - Eller - DSP
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

Flip Pacioretty and Semin (and the line designations to flatter Plekanec), then DSP and Weise (unless proven otherwise, every lineup should have Weise ahead of DSP), and I think you have a winner

I agree that the top 6 RWs are a coin flip at this point

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Same, I'm buying in to the theory that he never meshed well in Carolina

Why do people keep saying this?

He scored at a point-a-game clip during the lockout shortened season in Carolina. He meshed quite well there. He had a respectable second season there too. Last year, coming off a serious wrist injury and with a new coach he had a bad year.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
I do prefer to have Semin with Galchy.

Semin and Galchy both speak russian - so Semin can communicate with him freely. Both are high skilled and creative players. I think it is a clear good matchup - playing offensive minutes mostly (O-zone start, weak opposition when possible).

And put Pacioretty with Plek, playing against difficult opposition.

I know MT will shuffle lines - but these 2 matchups to me are no brainer (unless Eller get a shot at Pacioretty on his wing).

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011

Semin and Galchy both speak russian - so Semin can communicate with him freely. Both are high skilled and creative players. I think it is a clear good matchup - playing offensive minutes mostly (O-zone start, weak opposition when possible).

I know MT will shuffle lines - but these 2 matchups to me are no brainer (unless Eller get a shot at Pacioretty on his wing).

This is exactly what I would do.

Have Kassian or Gallagher figure out which RW they want. I think Gallagher would be better served with Plekanec and Pacioretty, but he may add spice to Semin and Galchenyuk.

Semin- Galchenyuk - Gallagher seems pretty good.

turbodragon

Jan 24, 2014
Desharnais - Eller - DSP
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

The problem I see here is what line is used when. Which of the first two lines takes on some defensive duties? By most accounts, Galchenyuk's defense still needs some work, so it woulld be Plekanec's line, but then you have Semin playing defense, which isn't optimal. That's why you need Galchenyuk and Semin on the same line.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Agreed. Coaches like working with duos. If two guys have good chemistry, it's easier to fine tune without having to shuffle everything.

So yeah, if Semin and Galchenyuk work well together, that's your offensive minded line. And these guys aren't bad defensively either. Then you've got Patches and Plekanec on the other line for elite two way play.

And what if Eller and Desharnais work well together? What are we gonna argue about? Will we finally be having some kind of peace and harmony on HFHabs? :laugh:

Joking aside, with Galchenyuk at center and if Semin works out well, we could be a pain in the *** to play against.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Hudon, Sherbak, Ghetto, Holloway, Thomas.

That's 5 guys that wanna make the team right away, and have a shot at it imo.

Things may get interesting :)

Out of those 5 I personally see Ghetto having the best shot at the big club. Holloway is back in NA to get a job somewhere and with expansion looming his chances are good. Hudon will get one more year in St Johns and Thomas is done here. Sherbak goes to the AHL, I think that is automatic.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
Out of those 5 I personally see Ghetto having the best shot at the big club. Holloway is back in NA to get a job somewhere and with expansion looming his chances are good. Hudon will get one more year in St Johns and Thomas is done here. Sherbak goes to the AHL, I think that is automatic.

Ghetto and Thomas have to clear waivers to go to AHL, same for Holloway. So these 3 may have a bit better chances to get a spot out of this situation. Thomas shown very good things last years. Good possession numbers, still young, i'm not that sure he's ''done here''.

Fun to see such competition at all levels within the organisation.

My guess was, and is, that Hudon will make it to the big club right away.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Ghetto and Thomas have to clear waivers to go to AHL, same for Holloway. So these 3 may have a bit better chances to get a spot out of this situation. Thomas shown very good things last years. Good possession numbers, still young, i'm not that sure he's ''done here''.

Fun to see such competition at all levels within the organisation.

My guess was, and is, that Hudon will make it to the big club right away.

Andrighetto doesn't need to pass through waivers. Next year he does.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Patch Galchenyuk Semin

Hudon Plekanec Kassian

DLR Eller Gallagher

Weise Mitchell DSP

What has poor Gallagher done to deserve being demoted on the third line? I can get wanting Semin to play with Galchenyuk, but Kassian will need to demonstrate he can do more than Gally if he hopes playing ahead of him in our depth chart.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
"Conforming to traditional hockey standards............."

Brad Marchand says hello. White Brad Marchand. He wont be a captain for the Bruins any time soon. He is considered a pest by opposing teams much the same way Subban is considered a pest by opposing teams.

Ever stop to wonder why Jerome Iginla is not scorned or booed around the League? Or Big Buff? There is your answer. And it's not about race.
Your argument is: there are white pests (true), and there are black players who are respected (also true). But this doesn't magically prove that Subban has never been the victim of a racist double-standard.

And that's the point. Many of us feel that a black 'pest' (is Subban even a pest anymore?), an uppity, young, cocky black player was/is treated more harshly than he would have been had he been white. You can deny it if you want, but you're going to need better arguments than Marchand/Byfuglien. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad