Post-Game Talk: Habs 2 - Az -1 - Price gets to 300 in style!

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Well look at how domi played in arizona, look at how every hab played last season when a team is playing that bad and especially one with not the biggest fanbase it can sometimes bring the worst out of a player, but I could be wrong
So Galchenyuk always gets the benefit of the doubt. That’s too funny. The guy is a lazy dog who has one move.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Galchenyuk is still a good player. He can create plays out of nothing. He’s not perfect but I’d still take him back in a second. He’s actually a perfect winger for Domi ironically. If he becomes available I’d trade for him.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So you think we will finish in the bottom 10? What happens if we finish in the middle? Will you tell those who think we are a fringe playoff team that they are being ridiculous? Sorry, but you can't nail down teams like this. It's clear that this team is a middle of the pack team 10-20 range when they are healthy.

Told you in before the season started.... Stop comparing our team to a top 10 cup contender. Once you do that, you start to realize that we are in a crowed group and it's anybodies guess where we are (bottom 10 or middle 10).

If we finish 23rd or 12th, I won't be surprised either way
Yup, you said PO possibility. That said, all you people that keep repeating you knew this...none predicted this would come thanks to Domi and Tatar exploding out of the gate, so I find it these “I told you so” posts little amusing.
In any event, there is a massive difference between being near top tier and in bottom tier. This team isn't good, it benefitted from an easy schedule and having a few guys storm out, most of which have toned it down. This team has been trending downwards since November, which I said it would. I also said they would do well early Dec because of a very easy schedule again, which it did, and I said they'll do bad in late December as they face more decent opponents.
But when I bring this up, a lot are just too busy shoving fingers in their ears saying I told you so.
This team isn't good, that's the bottom line.

Reactions: Edgy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yup, you said PO possibility. That said, all you people that keep repeating you knew this...none predicted this would come thanks to Domi and Tatar exploding out of the gate, so I find it these “I told you so” posts little amusing.
In any event, there is a massive difference between being near top tier and in bottom tier. This team isn't good, it benefitted from an easy schedule and having a few guys storm out, most of which have toned it down. This team has been trending downwards since November, which I said it would. I also said they would do well early Dec because of a very easy schedule again, which it did, and I said they'll do bad in late December as they face more decent opponents.
But when I bring this up, a lot are just too busy shoving fingers in their ears saying I told you so.

We agree it's not good enough to be a top 10 contender. A lot needs to change for us to be in that group. Going to take at least another 2 years before we understand if we can get into the top 10 cup contender mix.

If Bergevin does not squash the middle of the pack strategy, I fear we will be on this road for a while.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Keep in mind a lot of these posters with the negative posts are actually NOT Habs fans but trolls of other teams pretending to be Habs fans. The moment in 2059 when the Nords are back they will disappear ;)

Back to the game. Without Price last night, they lose no doubt.

Reactions: Zorba

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Cherry picking the easy parts of the schedule to say they have an easy schedule is a little too convenient, IMO. Every team has easy parts and harder parts to the schedule. MON played something like 6 games in 12 days earlier this season, or something like that, but nobody was crying about the compressed schedule then.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Tampa Bay are toying with their opposition most nights. Down 3-4 goals doesn't matter they turn it on at will. I'd be surprised if we won even one game against them.

We weren't supposed to beat Washington either. And we weren't supposed to beat Boston back when they won the conference way back when they had Guerin, etc.

Don't get me wrong if I'm picking a winner I'm picking TB, but if I'm making a bet and taking odds I would rather put $20 on Montreal with huge odds. I think we would give them a series. No chance at a cup though. Zero.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We agree it's not good enough to be a top 10 contender. A lot needs to change for us to be in that group. Going to take at least another 2 years before we understand if we can get into the top 10 cup contender mix.

If Bergevin does not squash the middle of the pack strategy, I fear we will be on this road for a while.

Is ANYBODY really arguing that MON is a contender? They shouldn't because we aren't. Does MON have prospects coming up that can get them closer to becoming a contender, along with the already young core that we have? Yes, but not completely. MON will have to hope that players like Suzuki and Brook wow the pants out of everybody once they reach the NHL and that Poehling becomes a 2nd line C stuck in a 3rd line role.

But, beyond that, MON will still need more help at LD. Where it finds it for the long term without sacrificing the necessary pieces to be a deep offensive team that doesn't have a generational player to bank everything on is as good a guess from you as it is from me.

MON is tending in the right direction, but management has a huge task ahead of them to keep trending in that direction.

GO HABS GO!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Keep in mind a lot of these posters with the negative posts are actually NOT Habs fans but trolls of other teams pretending to be Habs fans. The moment in 2059 when the Nords are back they will disappear ;)

Back to the game. Without Price last night, they lose no doubt.

That's a bit optimistic, I think you need to add a '1' somewhere (like 21059, maybe).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is ANYBODY really arguing that MON is a contender? They shouldn't because we aren't. Does MON have prospects coming up that can get them closer to becoming a contender, along with the already young core that we have? Yes, but not completely. MON will have to hope that players like Suzuki and Brook wow the pants out of everybody once they reach the NHL and that Poehling becomes a 2nd line C stuck in a 3rd line role.

But, beyond that, MON will still need more help at LD. Where it finds it for the long term without sacrificing the necessary pieces to be a deep offensive team that doesn't have a generational player to bank everything on is as good a guess from you as it is from me.

MON is tending in the right direction, but management has a huge task ahead of them to keep trending in that direction.

GO HABS GO!

No, I don't think anybody is saying we are a contender. But I think when you subtract the cup contenders (top 10 lets say), we are a very competitive. The discussion here is some were saying we were for sure bottom 5 heading into the year and they were wrong. Very wrong. Why? Cause they ignored health, Thought Price was done, Thought Weber was done, and they compared our team to a cup contender saying we were terrible.

Get my point now? I don't like throwing in peoples faces but when there was nasty levels of debate saying I was ridiculous with my projections before the season started, I think they need to hear it.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I was looking for a review of fellow posters. And whether someone was taking over Dr. Phil's schtick.

It's more fun to comment on other posters than discuss hockey, apparantly.

That way we don't need to shed our beliefs in unicorns and ogres.

The team has surpassed initial expectations, and that's terrific, but the harsh reality is that when our players naturally slump we'll be dropping spots rather then making forward progress.

The Habs are an MOR team with a decent bunch of forwards and a D corps that instills more terror than confidence. The goaltending is bipolar. Not a contender, I'm afraid.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Cherry picking the easy parts of the schedule to say they have an easy schedule is a little too convenient, IMO. Every team has easy parts and harder parts to the schedule. MON played something like 6 games in 12 days earlier this season, or something like that, but nobody was crying about the compressed schedule then.
It's not cherry picking when it happens often.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
O

3 goals in 24 games. Stats don’t lie. This guy isn’t even average. He’s fucjing useless.
FFS , Zednik scored 31 g one year.
Galchenyuk might be the most overrated ex hab ever
Good riddance. Slow , soft and lazy as hell

Domi had 5 non-empty netters in 82 games last year in Arizona.
Stats don't lie?

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
No, I don't think anybody is saying we are a contender. But I think when you subtract the cup contenders (top 10 lets say), we are a very competitive. The discussion here is some were saying we were for sure bottom 5 heading into the year and they were wrong. Very wrong. Why? Cause they ignored health, Thought Price was done, Thought Weber was done, and they compared our team to a cup contender saying we were terrible.

Get my point now? I don't like throwing in peoples faces but when there was nasty levels of debate saying I was ridiculous with my projections before the season started, I think they need to hear it.
Montreal is stuck in the middle because of Bergevin...exactly where you do not want to be....not good enough to ever win the cup,because GM has never gone for it when Price was MVP and they had 4 one hundred point seasons....and not bad enough to get top 5 picks for 3-4 years,because GM does not believe in tanking....Every other GM in the NHL of all the Stanley cup Champion teams and contenders all believe in going all in and mortgaging the future when they have a true chance to win it all and they all believe in tanking.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The team has surpassed initial expectations, and that's terrific, but the harsh reality is that when our players naturally slump we'll be dropping spots rather then making forward progress.

The Habs are an MOR team with a decent bunch of forwards and a D corps that instills more terror than confidence. The goaltending is bipolar. Not a contender, I'm afraid.

Seven years of Bergevin and we're down to this. At least he found a cure for that attitude problem we apparently had.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This board might be an even bigger mess than what the Ottawa Senators organization is right now. Thank god banning the tank talk had the effect they were hoping for of making this board a better and more fun place to post for fans wanting to cheer on their favorite team. :)

Congrats to Price on win #300 last night though. :thumbu:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Is there a point to repeating how terrible the team is before and after every game though? I have no problem with people posting it per se but it boggles my mind

This board might be an even bigger mess than what the Ottawa Senators organization is right now. Thank god banning the tank talk had the effect they were hoping for of making this board a better and more fun place to post for fans wanting to cheer on their favorite team. :)

Congrats to Price on win #300 last night though. :thumbu:

Why do you guys keep bringing this up?

Reactions: Zorba

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce