Post-Game Talk: Habs 2 - Az -1 - Price gets to 300 in style!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lol. We’re talking this year. Good try man
Galchenyuk is ****ing horse ****. Good riddance
1 even Strength goal. What a stud
yes of course, this year says everything lol. No other year in the past matters. And no other year in the future matters. lmao.

You'd make one hell of a GM with your logic based projections. That's where the f***ing horse shit is. lmao.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
This board might be an even bigger mess than what the Ottawa Senators organization is right now. Thank god banning the tank talk had the effect they were hoping for of making this board a better and more fun place to post for fans wanting to cheer on their favorite team. :)

Congrats to Price on win #300 last night though. :thumbu:

Great post. Cheers brother !!!

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
yes of course, this year says everything lol. No other year in the past matters. And no other year in the future matters. lmao.

You'd make one hell of a GM with your logic based projections. That's where the ****ing horse **** is. lmao.
Paul Byron has more goals than Galchenyuk the last 2.5 years..
Choke on that one
Your love for your golden boy is ridiculous. He’s a horse shit player and your evaluation of him is hilarious. You obviously know little bout hockey
Galchenyuk is awful.
Have a merry Christmas.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Galchenyuk is still a good player. He can create plays out of nothing. He’s not perfect but I’d still take him back in a second. He’s actually a perfect winger for Domi ironically. If he becomes available I’d trade for him.
Good players don’t have 3 goals and minus 7 in 24. Games. Sorry. You’re wrong.
In a season when scoring is up his is down
I’m sure he will light it up when the coyotes are officially eliminated from the playoffs.
He and Pacioretty needed to go. Galchenyuk can’t evrn skate. My daughter can probably skate as fast as him.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hockey analytics are a grossly overrated spectrum right now. It's a tool but the savior mentality people have given to analytic based management is premature.

As for Arizona they haven't gotten a 1st or 2nd overall pick ever. From 1996 to now, best they got is 3rd overall.

It may seem odd but I believe these teams need a legitimate chance at competing and apart from the habs, I'd want Arizona to get a chance at 1st overall for once. We complain of our vicious cycle of mediocrity but for them it's worse. They have budget constraints both on and off the ice.

I agree with your points, but to be honest, even if they landed a #1... it isn't by any means a lock. Sure, if they landed a generational player like McDavid or a franchise player like Matthews, things would be better, but that can be said for any team. Ironically, I think had they got Matthews, it would mean so much more as he is a local kid.

However, it is what it is and I think as long as they are limited financially, one #1 overall won't do. Personally, I think 5 top-10 picks and 15 first rounders over 10 years should be more than enough to build a contender. I chose 10-years as a window for the sake of brevity and also because when you think of it, it takes about 3-5 years to rebuild and a couple more to contend and be perennial contenders. Sure, I absolutely get it that it isn't an exact science and there are so many factor internally and externally plus good ole luck.

Now, using 1996 as a start point, take a team like the Kings. They did get a #2 overall, but they never got #1. They've only had 6 first rounders last 10-years, but have two Cups in this span and generally good success though it's definitely caught up to them last couple seasons and this.

I'm not disagreeing with you in that top-talent wins, but the way Arizona is organizationally, I don't think a #1 will turn them around unless they get their house in order.

All that being said, Hughes would be the guy to make an impact. Other than skills, I think as an American, they can find a way to market that.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's more fun to comment on other posters than discuss hockey, apparantly.

That way we don't need to shed our beliefs in unicorns and ogres.

The team has surpassed initial expectations, and that's terrific, but the harsh reality is that when our players naturally slump we'll be dropping spots rather then making forward progress.

The Habs are an MOR team with a decent bunch of forwards and a D corps that instills more terror than confidence. The goaltending is bipolar. Not a contender, I'm afraid.
We've actually done much better than I thought we would this year and done so without Weber. That's pretty impressive.

What worries me are the following factors.

1. Right now this team is almost completely healthy and we're struggling to score again. What happens if/when we lose a key player (s)?
2. The teams we're fighting for a wildcard spot are Pittsburgh and Boston. They are not going to be easy to hold off.
3. The last thing I want is for us to finish 9th. Then we're out of the playoffs and aren't rebuilding. I'd rather we rebuild but since we're not doing that I'd at least like to see some postseason games...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The worst and best case scenario, it turns out, is for the team to simply keep going with its reset.

There is no quality organizational depth and for the team to build that, it would take another 1-2 summers of good draft picks and smart pro player procurement.

Only thing we don't want to see are band-aid solutions -- we've been there and done that. And there is no sense overpaying for anyone since it would take too many elements to get the team to a place where it does more than just make the playoffs.

We have to grin and bear it for another year, so be it. And re-evaluate in the summer.

It's not a virtue that this market is known for but for once, being patient could really pay off.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
We've actually done much better than I thought we would this year and done so without Weber. That's pretty impressive.

What worries me are the following factors.

1. Right now this team is almost completely healthy and we're struggling to score again. What happens if/when we lose a key player (s)?
2. The teams we're fighting for a wildcard spot are Pittsburgh and Boston. They are not going to be easy to hold off.
3. The last thing I want is for us to finish 9th. Then we're out of the playoffs and aren't rebuilding. I'd rather we rebuild but since we're not doing that I'd at least like to see some postseason games...
The way I look at it: they make the playoffs? Great well done! They don't make the playoffs? No big whoop. Most people predicted they wouldn't. Win-win!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The way I look at it: they make the playoffs? Great well done! They don't make the playoffs? No big whoop. Most people predicted they wouldn't. Win-win!
It's not win-win... it's lose-lose.

We shouldn't be caring about making 8th, we should care about building a cup winner. Finishing 9th is a disaster as it means another wasted year plus we don't even get the opportunity of the postseason.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm fine with being the last wildcard spot. I still want to see the Habs in the postseason even if it's a 1st round sweep. You still get a solid 1st round pick. It's when Timmins has to put on his big boy pants and pick a damn good player, because there are some available EVERY year.
I'm NOT fine with being first in our division and still being swept in the 1st round.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Great post. Cheers brother !!!

I'm trying to find the right word to describe what's going on with this board lately but there's far too many possibilities and I can't just pick one. :dunno:

It just doesn't seem like there's many hockey related discussions here these days and there's way too much calling out and attacking posters who have differing opinions on the direction they want the Habs to go in. I know some discussions here get quite heated at times and disagreeing is fine but calling out another poster and acting like an a$$hole to try and make your point is unnecessary.

The board is in a foul mood no matter if the Habs win or lose right now.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Choke on that one
Your love for your golden boy is ridiculous. He’s a horse **** player and your evaluation of him is hilarious. You obviously know little bout hockey
Galchenyuk is awful.
Have a merry Christmas.

only this year matters... The evaluation of a 2 year old. wah wah wah I don't care about the past, I don't care about the future, all I care about is now. wah wah wah...Almost funny, but really just like having a conversation with a random 2 year old in the middle of a temper tantrum.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Is there a point to repeating how terrible the team is before and after every game though? I have no problem with people posting it per se but it boggles my mind

Why do you guys keep bringing this up?

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm a sole individual, and not part of a colony organism like a Portuguese man of war.

I seldom post regarding the team as a whole. Your criticism is unwarranted and is a symptom of the unnecessary antipathy in this forum.

Having said that, this version of the Habs is a decent one that will likely deserve a middle of the pack finish, but will hardly compete for hardware any time soon.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Having said that, this version of the Habs is a decent one that will likely deserve a middle of the pack finish, but will hardly compete for hardware any time soon.

I'd be happy if the GM makes no major acquisitions and boots it forward to the summer. Would beat making a rash move to land a player that would cost us futures and put us back where we were before last summer. Some things just take time.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
only this year matters... The evaluation of a 2 year old. wah wah wah I don't care about the past, I don't care about the future, all I care about is now. wah wah wah...Almost funny, but really just like having a conversation with a random 2 year old in the middle of a temper tantrum.
THREE

Reactions: 26Mats

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Choke on that one
Your love for your golden boy is ridiculous. He’s a horse **** player and your evaluation of him is hilarious. You obviously know little bout hockey
Galchenyuk is awful.
Have a merry Christmas.

He would still be our best PP threat on the boards.

Our PP is ape shit. There is no forward on that team that has a Galchenyuk like shot/timer.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Contrary to popular opinion, I'm a sole individual, and not part of a colony organism like a Portuguese man of war.

I seldom post regarding the team as a whole. Your criticism is unwarranted and is a symptom of the unnecessary antipathy in this forum.

My commemt wasn't directed at you specifically and it's absolutely warranted.

It also wasn't criticism so much as a point I was making that I don't understand the mentality.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Our PP is ape ****. There is no forward on that team that has a Galchenyuk like shot/timer.

I think kk can do a decent job replacing him, but like last year with Galchenyuk, it will take Muller half a year to try it.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
My commemt wasn't directed at you specifically and it's absolutely warranted.

It also wasn't criticism so much as a point I was making that I don't understand the mentality.

Perhaps you should be more careful which posts you quote so as not to give an impression you didn't intend.

I can't speak for other posters as to their motivations, but I'm happy to read other opinions even if they differ from my own. There are multiple viewpoints offered here, which is the very foundation of a forum.

I'd humbly suggest that you learn to accept that.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Our PP is ape ****. There is no forward on that team that has a Galchenyuk like shot/timer.
Lol. He’s doing wonders for Arizona. My god. The love he gets is unwarranted. Jacob de la rose has 2 goals and Galchenyuk has 3. Lol
Time to realize that Bergevin commutes Highway robbery on that trade. Galchenyuk is useless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->