Post-Game Talk: Habs 1 - Leafs 0.5

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Beside Marner these Toronto prospects are nothing to write home about compared to the Habs prospects.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
How was Tinordi ?

I thought he was very good tonight.

As mentioned, the first period he seemed to try to do to much, but the 2nd and 3rd were very solid for him.

If there's one way to gain Therrien's trust, it's playing 20+ minutes in a 1-0 game and not hurting the team. He was also solid on the PK and generally played sound defensive hockey the majority of the night.

I'm rooting for him :)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i thought Dietz was really good, hes very reliable. seems to be a common theme with him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I only remember one 2-0 all season last year with pacioretty and plekanec, and it was executed perfectly.

I'll say this, whenever subban is on the ice in OT, it will be over quickly, one way or the other. Honestly, I like the habs chances, but I just don't love the concept.

Ahhhh,
You were fortunate enough to have missed the one in question.
We didn't manage a shot on net. :laugh:

When I say we won't like it, i feel we aren't strong one on one. The reason we swarm quite often?
Do we have enough individual skills hands & wheels to be successful?
My guess is no PK or not, time will tell.
I don't find our 4 vs 4 particularly good anymore (last couple of years) and I'm assuming 3 will be similar.

Foltronic

Jan 21, 2015
Semin-Galchenyuk-Subban

Pacioretty-Plek-Markov

Gallagher-Eller-Petry

Fleischmann-DD-Beaulieu

We've got some talent for 3v3

Oh and Price.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have so much depth on D they should consider trading Gilbert. Pateryn is ready for #6 spot and Tinordi could benefit from practicing with NHL players. Barberio would be a great 1st call up

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Wait... DLR was playing last night? :laugh:
Wow. I didn't catch every minute of the game by any means but if I didn't read that he played I would have been 100% sure he wasn't in the line up

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Habs have so much depth on D they should consider trading Gilbert. Pateryn is ready for #6 spot and Tinordi could benefit from practicing with NHL players. Barberio would be a great 1st call up

There will be injuries. Gilbert >> Tinordi & Barberio. Maybe at the deadline.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Condon sadly will most likely be sent down. :(

It depends on how many starts you want to give to Price in the regular season.

It's been 3 years in a row that Price is injured in the playoffs. Granted, the Kreider one was a fluke and not the result of playing too many games, still I think lowering his load a little during the regular season would be a positive thing. But we can't do that with Tokarski though, not second half Tokarski of last season anyway, which he seems to be on the path to being again from what I've seen so far.

With Condon, we could afford to play him a bit more and give that much needed rest to Price.

But if we're going to give Price 65+ starts... there's no point in keeping Condon up.

If it were me, and if Condon could play like he did yesterday reliably, I'd give Condon something like 24-27 starts, and Price 55-58 starts and make sure he's well rested for a big playoffs push. Price's got his regular season trophies, it's time for some playoffs hardware. This regular season is grueling, and we need him at 100% when it actually matters. Of course, that's only possible if Condon can actually handle that many starts and play well most of the time.... but he inspires me confidence.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Wait... DLR was playing last night? :laugh:
Wow. I didn't catch every minute of the game by any means but if I didn't read that he played I would have been 100% sure he wasn't in the line up

I thought it was DLR's best game so far. That doesn't really say much though.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Semin-Galchenyuk-Subban

Pacioretty-Plek-Markov

Gallagher-Eller-Petry

Fleischmann-DD-Beaulieu

We've got some talent for 3v3

Oh and Price.

We'll see...
How many of these games are ending in the first minute or first or second shift?
Get the right combo out immediately or pay the piper. :amazed:
Never liked the idea of 4-4 but got used to it over time.
Loathe the shootout...
3 on 3 yikes

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Condon was great last night, but let's not get ahead ourselves. Remember how good Tokarski looked during his honeymoon period. I realize Condon is bigger and plays a better positional game, but so much of a goalie's success depends on mental factors. We still have no idea how this guy handles higher-stakes pressure.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I thought it was DLR's best game so far. That doesn't really say much though.

Yikes. Hate to say it, but I barely noticed him, outside of a handful of faceoffs. DLR is only 20 and will certainly develop, but we need to see signs of offensive confidence when he has the puck. Right now, the kid knows how to react to opposition, but can't seem to initiate anything the other way.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Beside Marner these Toronto prospects are nothing to write home about compared to the Habs prospects.

They only had two playing: Nylander and Kapanen, both 19 yrs old. Marner wasn't playing last night.

The leafs had all their army of PTOs playing but none of them stood out.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I only saw the last 14:00 minutes and the 3vs3 but there is definitely a reason Labatt 50 is monopolizing the conversation.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
3 on 3 we need just two lines, really:

Patches-Plek-Subban
Semin-Galchenyuk-Petry

Just roll with that if possible. If it gets to a point where you need the 3rd line, try:

Gallagher-Eller-Markov (or maybe Beaulieu)

Anyways, it's Therrien so don't expect any of this. My guess is that he's gonna start 3-on-3 with:

Patches-Desharnais-Markov... :banghead:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The fact that Condon has looked so good only solidifies the fact that he'll be sent down

You want him playing lots of games, not sitting behind Price

Clock is ticking on Tokarski though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad