Post-Game Talk: Habs 1 - Leafs 0.5

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Kassian hasn't really been given a shot to show what he could do. Bad linemates (non-NHLers) and limited icetime. Seems like Therrien isn't very fond of him..

I don't get that impression at all. Maybe a bit of mis-characterization. Therrien likely sees a big body that can protect pucks in corners and he put him on a line with a prospect that possesses that same strength. Probably just wants to see the two of them battle for pucks and cycle it down low.

I won't put too much into it. It's pre season, where Mitchell and Flynn are top-sixers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tokar must be feeling nervous

He musta paid a couple of Taranna forwards to take runs on Condon. :sarcasm:

AC panel tonight with a huge endorsement of Condon, Tremblay going as far as saying that Condon is stealing Tokarski's job right now and that it doesn't matter if Condon can be sent down without being exposed to waivers.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I may have already said this but it's worth reiterating.
We will not be fans of 3 vs 3
I've seen us struggle with 2-0

I only remember one 2-0 all season last year with pacioretty and plekanec, and it was executed perfectly.

I'll say this, whenever subban is on the ice in OT, it will be over quickly, one way or the other. Honestly, I like the habs chances, but I just don't love the concept.

durojean

May 29, 2007
I can't wait to see our 3 top line together

It's like we don't realize our 1st line tonight was really our 3rd

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Was at the game tonight and my takeaways were as such

DD was the best player on the ice tonight besides Condon

Condon is easily the best goalie we have outside of Price. He's in the right position, he's big and looks big in the net. If he's not the back up at the beginning of the season is be surprised unless they want him to get his reps in the A before taking over next year. Miles ahead of Tokarski and Fucale

Mac didn't have his best game but he's still a huge presence on the ice. Makes good plays on the ice, is quick and doesn't make a lot or rookie mistakes a lot of players make. I think he's NHL ready but doubt he'll make the team out of camp which is fine. More time to ripen in the A.

Fleishman is an NHLer. He'll be signed and our 3rd line of Fleishman DD Weise will be a good one and score some goals. Best 3rd line we've had since the EGG line

I can see why Kassian is on the 4th line now. He's not quite up to speed on da system but I can only see him getting better as the year goes along. He's not a top 6 player many of us including myself was hoping he'd be. Not to say he isn't good or won't get better. He's just not there right now from what I can see.

DSP is pretty much useless. I didn't notice him much and when I did I didn't see anything close to what I'd expect from an NHLer playing against prospects. I realize it's preseason but that's not a reason you wouldn't see a bottom line player excel vs lesser competition. I don't see him here for long to be honest.

Pateryn is a raelly good D. Just gets the job done. Big, physical, mobile and had a good shot and always seems to be in good position. Not spectacular but steady and what you want in a D

Tinordi had a bit of a rough 1st period but settled in. Not sure if he's trying too hard or if that's actually his game. I feel like if he just relaxed and played hockey he's be a much better defenceman but he's a little too eager to show what he can do and that costs him. Still an enigma to me.

Halloway was ehh. I was expecting more after all the hype i heard when we signed him.

Thomas is a guy I want to like but watching him play makes it impossible. Just makes bad decisions in the ice a lot and doesn't look like he's anywhere close to NHL caliber.

Andreghetto lead the Habs in shots but I noticed him once all game so... yeah.

Overall they played a much better game than the last one against Toronto. Biggest takeaways are Condon is our best goalie to back up Price. Our 3rd line is actually pretty solid, Pateryn is solid and Tinner needs to take a deep breath and relax. Can't wait until we start to field a full roster and see what the entire team can do!

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Good old Fin du monde/ Don de Dieu/ Trois-Pistoles is way more effective and good tasting.

:yo:

And also, no headache.

I might look like a beer snob, but it's worth going for the slightly more expensive stuff. Even just Boréale. They have great beers that won't taste too funny if you've been drinking Molson/Coors/Labatt all your life.

From my experience, the 'headache threshold' is much higher with craft beer.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
i didnt notice andrighetto out there and condon hasnt let in a goal yet in regular time

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Condon sadly will most likely be sent down. :(

I don't have a problem with that. He'll get a lot of net in the AHL compared to what he would get up here. He'll be back-up next season and hopefully be reliable enough to play Price less to keep him rested.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Condon sadly will most likely be sent down. :(

AC crew, FWIW, had a different take. They felt that the 15 or so games that Price won't tend goal for, still matter a lot in the standings and that Condon is the Habs' best shot at winning most of them. They also reiterated how much the Habs are bullish about Condon. I don't know how they deal with Tokarski but they felt that he is disposable right now. Seems unlikely to me, but we shall see.

Last edited:

68*

In Kassian's defence, he was fighting a 6ft4 220 heavyweight goon in a astronaut costume. He just needs to make better decisions regarding who he fights. At least he showed everyone he's not a *****.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not by the looks of any of the OHL kids on their way to the NHL there were atleast 5 scraps in the Knights Kingston game tonight.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a trend it'll be over the rest of the season, esp. that junior leagues tend to emulate NHL guidelines as a general rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad