Injury Report: habby is on IR

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Theres no mention of what assessment actually took place in your post above. You're now saying trainers.

The dynamic yet again on a club that has chronic instances of playing players before they are ready is that it has resulted in yet another aggravation of injury probably requiring a much longer shelving than if we had just been prudent and paced the player or gave him time to heal.

Is that assumption or paying attention?

Yes, i assumed trainers. On that note however, is not your entire stance an assumption as well?

Pot - Kettle - Black maybe?

Wasn't this the whole point that i had made?

It's always easier to raise a torch than to actually think things through, get the whole story, or the actual facts. Something that is seriously rampant on this board IMO.

So we are all assuming here. The only difference being i don't grab a pitchfork and torch as my knee jerk reaction. Also, this entire thing could be (as i mentioned) Khabbi's fault for not being honest. It's just easier to blame management i guess...

Easy-Way-Out-Green-Road-Sign.jpg

Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yes, i assumed trainers. On that note however, is not your entire stance an assumption as well?

Pot - Kettle - Black maybe?

Wasn't this the whole point that i had made?

So we are all assuming here. The only difference being i don't grab a pitchfork and torch as my knee jerk reaction. Also, this entire thing could be (as i mentioned) Khabbi's fault for not being honest. It's just easier to blame management i guess...

How many instances of something need occur before it starts to get recognized as a pattern?

Clearly with you on this issue you'd be giving the club benefit of doubt to any degree.

On an issue as substantiated as this I'll defer to the long history of problems this org has had in this area.

We'll agree to disagree.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How many instances of something need occur before it starts to get recognized as a pattern?

Clearly with you on this issue you'd be giving the club benefit of doubt to any degree.

On an issue as substantiated as this I'll defer to the long history of problems this org has had in this area.

We'll agree to disagree.

How many problems have there been? How many injuries have there been in that time?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton

We'll agree to disagree.

So you agree that you've been assuming...grudgingly - by saying hey it happened once which means it should be happening all of the time.

:shakehead

You're still assuming Replacement. :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So you agree that you've been assuming...grudgingly - by saying hey it happened once which means it should be happening all of the time.

:shakehead

You're still assuming Replacement. :laugh:

It wouldn't matter how many instances I cited to back up the stance you would still conclude its unsubstantiated.

Apparently you'd wait for a full release and disclosure from the Oilers that they suck at properly handling injury situations like this.

I can only assume you have a close to the vest definition of what any and all supposition is. For instance whether it means to you something is always entire assumption or whether it could reflect patterns, dynamics, probability, or observances.

If a bantam team gave up at least 5 goals/game over 20 games would it be mere inference, assumption to suggest the likelihood that they are likely to give up 5 goals in the next game? Is there a pattern that is suggested or is it all assumption?

As far as this specific injury and topic the 100% proof that you await is never found.

The facts that we have here is that Khabi had a groin problem, he has a prehistory of groin problems, he continued to play with his latest groin problem, and that groin problem was likely exacerbated through continuing to play. At least to the degree that he is now on IR.

Really would you disagree with anything in above paragraph? Let me know specifically what you disagree with.

I continue to suspect we aren't going to have a real convo on this.

Last edited:

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
It wouldn't matter how many instances I cited to back up the stance you would still conclude its unsubstantiated.
Apparently you'd wait for a full release and disclosure from the Oilers that they suck at properly handling injury situations like this.

I can only assume you have a close to the vest definition of what supposition is. For instance whether it means to you something is entire assumption or whether it could reflect patterns, dynamics, probability, or observances.

If a bantam team gave up at least 5 goals/game over 20 games would it be mere inference, assumption to suggest the likelihood that they are likely to give up 5 goals in the next game? Is there a pattern that is suggested or is it all assumption?

As far as this specific injury and topic the 199% proof that you await is never found.

The facts that we have here is that Khabi had a groin problem, he has a prehistory of groin problems, he continued to play with his latest groin problem, and that groin problem was likely exacerbated through continuing to play. At least to the degree that he is now on IR.

Really would you disagree with anything in above paragraph? Let me know specifically what you disagree with.

I continue to suspect we aren't going to have a real convo on this.

Umm yeah, because it IS unsubstantiated...you can't spin away from that concrete fact. You're assuming...that's it. You can spin and dance around the issue and say this happened or that happened, but in the end you're just assuming because you don't know the facts regarding this issue.
You were't involved in any way shape or form as part of the Oiler staff, and you aren't Nikolai Khabibulin...so there you go. 'Nuff said. You're just another guy posting on a forum assuming as to what happened, and using a scapegoat that fits your opinion.

:dunno: IMO what i've posted here is the bottom line truth of the situation.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Umm yeah, because it IS unsubstantiated...you can't spin away from that concrete fact. You're assuming...that's it. You can spin and dance around the issue and say this happened or that happened, but in the end you're just assuming because you don't know the facts regarding this issue.
You were't involved in any way shape or form as part of the Oiler staff, and you aren't Nikolai Khabibulin...so there you go. 'Nuff said. You're just another guy posting on a forum assuming as to what happened, and using a scapegoat that fits your opinion.

:dunno: IMO what i've posted here is the bottom line truth of the situation.

I've bolded the part above that you continue to ignore and refuse to answer. I can make it different size font or maybe flashing red letters that might draw your attention if you want. Just respond to it point by point. What do you disagree with?

As far as your broader point in a democracy how does anyone even manage to vote without having first hand information in political office? Really what you're saying here is any deduction is uninformed without first hand DIRECT factual knowledge. Which means essentially that the word deduction is ripped out of your dictionary. Or Theory, hypothesis, pattern, trials, correlation, association, or really anything that leads to learned enquiry as we know it.

There would be Booyah shouting to Newton that I want facts not apple sauce dammit. :D

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I've bolded the part above that you continue to ignore and refuse to answer. I can make it different size font or maybe flashing red letters that might draw your attention if you want. Just respond to it point by point. What do you disagree with?

As far as your broader point in a democracy how does anyone even manage to vote without having first hand information in political office? Really what you're saying here is any deduction is uninformed without first hand DIRECT factual knowledge. Which means essentially that the word deduction is ripped out of your dictionary. Or Theory, hypothesis, pattern, trials, correlation, association, or really anything that leads to learned enquiry as we know it.

There would be Booyah shouting to Newton that I want facts not apple sauce dammit. :D

Now if you were to say "It can be called a fair assumption that due to Edmonton's player injury history and alluded stories of players playing injured that this is a similar case of them f'ing up". Then i may actually agree with you. However, stating your opinion as fact is actually incorrect. You never actually say that you're assuming, and present your opinion as matter of fact. That's what i'm disagreeing with.

:dunno:

BTW...you forgot to bold anything. ;)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Now if you were to say "It can be called a fair assumption that due to Edmonton's player injury history and alluded stories of players playing injured that this is a similar case of them f'ing up". Then i may actually agree with you. However, stating your opinion as fact is actually incorrect. You never actually say that you're assuming, and present your opinion as matter of fact. That's what i'm disagreeing with.

:dunno:

BTW...you forgot to bold anything. ;)

Post 131.

Anyway, I wasn't aware I presented my opinion anywhere as fact. I'm pretty sure that when I make a statement on a message board quoting Souray and Dr. Seuss at the same time a more clever deduction might be that I'm playing around a little.

AS far as your first paragraph above, yes, this is pretty much what I'm putting down. Next time maybe I'll stick to your prescribed script and disclaimers anytime I post an opinion on a messageboard thats subsequently read as an essay getting the big felt red marker out..

Its refreshing to be able to argue here a bit and still keep it on light terms. Hope you're hearing it that way.;)

JetsOilersfan

Feb 4, 2012
Another great signing by Tambo, 4 years of this clown for $3.75 million. Honestly, the guy didn't earn 1 tenth of his contract.
<mod edit>

Here we go again, I love how uneducated people can be. You honestly believe this was Tambo's dealing? This was Kevin Lowe all the way. Yes, Tambo was the GM, but he was just hired. Lowe orchestrated this signing, or at the very least, he 'ok'd' it.

I'm sick and tired of fans dumping on Tambo. Lowe Daryl Sutter'ed this team. We had no farm system, no draft picks, and no players (all the ones Lowe signed abandoned ship) and expectations were still that we challenge for a playoff spot. It became abundantly clear early that first year, we were not a good team anymore. I agree Khabby never should have been signed, but don't kid yourself in thinking this was a Tambo move. Lowe had his hands in there bigtime.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Here we go again, I love how uneducated people can be. You honestly believe this was Tambo's dealing? This was Kevin Lowe all the way. Yes, Tambo was the GM, but he was just hired. Lowe orchestrated this signing, or at the very least, he 'ok'd' it.

I'm sick and tired of fans dumping on Tambo. Lowe Daryl Sutter'ed this team. We had no farm system, no draft picks, and no players (all the ones Lowe signed abandoned ship) and expectations were still that we challenge for a playoff spot. It became abundantly clear early that first year, we were not a good team anymore. I agree Khabby never should have been signed, but don't kid yourself in thinking this was a Tambo move. Lowe had his hands in there bigtime.

So Lowe had nothing to do with the rebuild? Is that what you are asserting?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Post 131.

Anyway, I wasn't aware I presented my opinion anywhere as fact. I'm pretty sure that when I make a statement on a message board quoting Souray and Dr. Seuss at the same time a more clever deduction might be that I'm playing around a little.

AS far as your first paragraph above, yes, this is pretty much what I'm putting down. Next time maybe I'll stick to your prescribed script and disclaimers anytime I post an opinion on a messageboard thats subsequently read as an essay getting the big felt red marker out..

Its refreshing to be able to argue here a bit and still keep it on light terms. Hope you're hearing it that way.;)

Absolutely Replacement!

;)

:cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad