Injury Report: habby is on IR

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
This is why I was advocating taking it easy with Khabi. I knew if we played him too often his play would suffer or he'd get injured/re-injured.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
That sucks he was looking solid for us. I'll wait to here what's wrong with him before speculating on how long he's out we had to up him on IR to call someone up cus there is no roster room.

Oh and definitely Seth jones

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Kreuger to address media about the injury after practice. Tencer saying worn out. Also said this probably deters them from re-signing him.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
That sucks he was looking solid for us. I'll wait to here what's wrong with him before speculating on how long he's out we had to up him on IR to call someone up cus there is no roster room.

Oh and definitely Seth jones

khabi was *not* looking solid, not at all... he was pretty terrible in the last 2 games in fact.... don't want the guy to be injured or anything, hope he is okay, but it's not like it will be a huge loss or anything

Oct 15, 2008
khabi was *not* looking solid, not at all... he was pretty terrible in the last 2 games in fact.... don't want the guy to be injured or anything, hope he is okay, but it's not like it will be a huge loss or anything

Huh?

Not sure what games you were watching........

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

Bulin was playing great.

The thought of riding Dubnyk again scares me a bit.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
don't think we will fall right down to the Seth Jones or McKinnon slots, so I am saying Monahan besides his size fits the bill.....

Monahan = our version of Jordan Staal? 2 inches shorter, but should add more pounds.....as he matures.

dubs

Nov 2, 2009
The incompetence of this organization is hilarious. From Katz all the way down to Krueger. They should of traded Khabbi before the Chicago game. haha

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Huh?

Not sure what games you were watching........

I don't know about horrible, but I thought the same thing when listening to colour analysts on SNET, TSN, or wherever talking about how well Khabibulin had been playing. He looked shaky in every game so far, and it seems like he's really having trouble picking up the puck around the net. He has great numbers, but he hasn't looked good enough for me to be comfortable seeing him in net so far this year.

As for him being placed on IR, I'm not at all concerned about the drop-off from him to Danis, nor am I worried that we won't re-sign him because of it (I would hope they weren't thinking of doing this at all to begin with). The only real part about his injury that I find disappointing about his injury is how it may effect his trade value and the possibility of actually getting something for him at the deadline.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Well its a good thing Kruger played him two games in a row after he didnt look great in the Phoenix game. Its not like Dubnyk hadnt been the the thing that was keeping the team afloat almost every game all season so far. Total incompetence.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The incompetence of this organization is hilarious. From Katz all the way down to Krueger. They should of traded Khabbi before the Chicago game. haha

How do you know they didn't try?

It's quite possible that teams wanted to see what a 3.75mil, 40 year old could do with more than 3 starts.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Another great signing by Tambo, 4 years of this clown for $3.75 million. Honestly, the guy didn't earn 1 tenth of his contract.
<mod edit>

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->