GDT: Guys? Apparently we host the Kings tonight - 8:00mt on TSN

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Please get Barkov/Monahan....it's obvious we need someone that can win faceoffs. Can't do anything without it in Hartley's puck possession system

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
@ Abbotsford Heat, yes everyone is at home and healthy, thanks a lot for asking! What an awesome experience and lifestyle change.

I don't know what the issue with this team is. I think a lack of size and good centerman are among the obvious. I actually don't think were all that far off, I think getting a big bodied, skilled center that can win a FO would be huge. And I would love to get one nasty winger with size that likes to stir things up, that would be huge for our team.

I'm really hoping that the Flames draft Monahan. He is exactly what we need to build our franchise around. I also hope we go out and get ROR. If Gio isn't enough, I would give them Reinhart to complete the deal. That would give us Monahan, ROR, and Backlund as our centers with Jankow in the pipe. Our center issue needs to be addressed right away.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Beneir hasn't proven to be a starter goalie and is on a very defensive team and you want him to be the center piece in maybe our best trading chip? That seems like a huge waste of assets. We could very easily develop our own goalie or trade for one much cheaper than Gio.

Half of the Kings starting defenseman are out of the lineup. Muzzin, Ellerby and Drewiske are 7th/8th defenseman on most NHL teams. Plus Voynov is struggling defensively.

Despite that, Bernier is is 3-0-0 in his 3 starts, with a 1.00GAA, and a .952 SV%

The only reason his overall stats aren't better is because of a random flukey game in Anaheim where he came in relief of Quick.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
About goaltender development, we have all the pieces we need. It is exactly like Edmonton a couple years ago. They were a sub-par team (let's face it, the Flames need work), and they gave Khabibulin the reigns, but also ran with Dubnyk and slowly developed him at the NHL level. There is something to be said about acclimatizing a player to the building, the city, and the big club's ways. Now, Dubnyk could arguably be the Oilers #1 (I believe they are still going with Habby/Dubbie split?) I think that Irving could be as good, if not better than Dubnyk and that if we gave Kipper less and Irving more, Irving will not be a bust and actually turn out into the goalie we saw him turning into when we drafted him in the first round.

Anyone agree/disagree? I would like feedback as I JUST thought of this.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
What stood out to me the most last night was the lack of retaliation when MacDonald got ran over. Not only does this team suck but they're pansies as well. Softest team in the league. We are the team other teams look forward to playing, especially at the Dome. How depressing.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
What stood out to me the most last night was the lack of retaliation when MacDonald got ran over. Not only does this team suck but they're pansies as well. Softest team in the league. We are the team other teams look forward to playing, especially at the Dome. How depressing.

Hartley brought that up too. Disappointed that there was 'no consequence' for running Mac over.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011

We have become far too easy of a team to play against. Its a bad sign when a lot of teams toss their backup goalies in when they come to town, to give their starters a break.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
About goaltender development, we have all the pieces we need. It is exactly like Edmonton a couple years ago. They were a sub-par team (let's face it, the Flames need work), and they gave Khabibulin the reigns, but also ran with Dubnyk and slowly developed him at the NHL level. There is something to be said about acclimatizing a player to the building, the city, and the big club's ways. Now, Dubnyk could arguably be the Oilers #1 (I believe they are still going with Habby/Dubbie split?) I think that Irving could be as good, if not better than Dubnyk and that if we gave Kipper less and Irving more, Irving will not be a bust and actually turn out into the goalie we saw him turning into when we drafted him in the first round.

I agree with you. If Irving is eased into a tandem situation, I think he still has lots of room for development and will end up being quite good.

This, wow I could not believe how this team just skated away like nothing happened. If I was MacDonald I would of been absolutely choked that no one stuck up for me, I am sure he took it in stride but wow.

It really is a great metaphor for this team. It is one thing to be soft, and another entirely to just not give a **** about your team mates.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

As a kings fan I agree. I was sitting right behind that net and could not belive it. Also when Brown laid out Wideman it was fairly excessive. I was looking to see if someone like Jackman would be put out against brown to retaliate....nothing.

Glencross had some good physical play but CGY needs a couple of true grit guys.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
JMac just got here and probably doesn't want to stir things up, but he should of called out his teammates like Miller did last year, what a joke. SR is right on the money.

I hope Hartley's post game comment sits with the players and makes them think. What the hell is going on with Iggy, he should be the one leading this group and making them a tough team to play against by leading his troops into battle. This is a skilled team, but hockey is a collision sport and these guys have played it their whole lives. If they can't play as men, why bother showing up to the rink.

We have guys like Iggy, Glencross, Comeau, Gio and Sarich. These guys need to hit and be physical and set the tone.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
JMac just got here and probably doesn't want to stir things up, but he should of called out his teammates like Miller did last year, what a joke. SR is right on the money.

I hope Hartley's post game comment sits with the players and makes them think. What the hell is going on with Iggy, he should be the one leading this group and making them a tough team to play against by leading his troops into battle. This is a skilled team, but hockey is a collision sport and these guys have played it their whole lives. If they can't play as men, why bother showing up to the rink.

We have guys like Iggy, Glencross, Comeau, Gio and Sarich. These guys need to hit and be physical and set the tone.

To his credit, Comeau (along with Jackman) have been one of the few Flames consistently throwing hits. I've tossing the idea around of moving Gio in favour of acquiring a shut down defenceman.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

I couldn't disagree more on your comment about us having all the pieces we need, re: goaltending. Outside of Kiprusoff, we have NOTHING. Maybe Ramo, I don't know. I'm curious to see what we have in him because right now IMO he's our only hope in a post-Kiprusoff scenario. I'm not sold on Irving. I don't think he will ever be a starting goaltender in this league. He's not good enough.

re: Dubnyk - If we're setting the bar at Dubnyk, we're in bigger trouble than I thought. Just because he's the Oilers' #1 goalie, doesn't mean he's good. I would hope we can do better than Dubnyk, who IMO isn't a #1 goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $250.00