GDT: Guys? Apparently we host the Kings tonight - 8:00mt on TSN

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Guys?

We play again today.

:kings (6-6-2) @ :flames (5-6-3)

Preview:

Big story: The Kings wrap up a grueling stretch that has seen them play eight of their first nine games this month on the road by trying for an Alberta sweep after winning 3-1 in Edmonton on Tuesday. The Flames start a three-game homestand after a 4-0 loss at Phoenix on Monday.

Team Scope:

Kings: Los Angeles dominated play for most of the game in Edmonton but entered the final minute of regulation in a 1-1 tie. But with 49.6 seconds remaining, Jeff Carter deflected Trevor Lewis' shot past Nikolai Khabibulin to put L.A. ahead, and Jarrett Stoll added an empty-netter for a 3-1 victory that moved the Kings back to .500.

"Obviously we didn't want it to take that long," Carter said after the Kings outshot the Oilers 38-24. "It's just one of those games, Khabibulin was playing well. We were getting shots, but he was making saves. It's never easy in this building, but you have to stick with it for 60, 65 minutes, whatever it takes."

Flames: After a gutty 4-3 win in Dallas on Sunday in which they overcame a two-goal deficit in the third period, the Flames had very little in the tank Monday night in Phoenix. Calgary trailed only 1-0 after two periods but surrendered three goals in the final 20 minutes and left the desert with a dispiriting 4-0 loss.

"It was not a team effort," coach Bob Hartley said of his inconsistent team. "We had some guys that took the option on this game. They just didn't respond."

Now introducing your 2013 Calg..... Springfield Flames??

image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php

2cq0c4h.jpg
8464994.jpg
8471260.jpg

image.php
image.php

25auhr5.jpg
51spxx.jpg

image.php
fvibe1.jpg

8469732.jpg
8471433.jpg

The defending Champion Los Angels Kings

Clifford - Kopitar - Brown
King - Richards - Carter
Penner - Stoll -Williams
Lewis - Fraser - Nolan

Ellerby - Doughty
Scuderi - Voynov
Drewiske - Muzzin

Quick - Bernier

139295622_std.jpg

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Another must win. But that concept doesn't seem to sink in to the Flames so all I can say is go Flames go and for the love of God fellow Flames posters please stay away from the optimism thread

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
We owe it to Columbus' fans to beat these guys.

What does Clumbus have against the kings? just because of Carter? They should be thanking the kings for not only taking him off their books (Been great for us but was not a good fit there at all) but paying a pretty penny for him. A 1st in a deep draft and a top pairing d-man is enough that there should be no ill will.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
What does Clumbus have against the kings? just because of Carter? They should be thanking the kings for not only taking him off their books (Been great for us but was not a good fit there at all) but paying a pretty penny for him. A 1st in a deep draft and a top pairing d-man is enough that there should be no ill will.

I mean because Columbus has LA's 1st, so if we beat LA it helps CBJ get a better pick.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
The Kings have been struggling as well and this should be a winnable game but I just have no idea which Flames team will show up. The Phoenix game was total Brent Sutter hockey. Hopefully no soft goals against tonight.

Anyone know if Sven is close to returning?

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I really don't know what to expect? I doubt LA is tired after last nights game... Minimum travel. Soft game. Late start.

I expect a close physical game. 3-2 Flames.

God I hope Iginla gets a goal (or two or three!!!)

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I wonder what team will show up at home tonight? Te hard working, responsible fast paced team who takes lots of shots? Or the team that leaves the backup goalie out to dry and our 4th line gets praise?

In the end, I want us to win every game for the rest of season, and at least one winning lotto max ticket in the next month or so

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I really don't know what to expect? I doubt LA is tired after last nights game... Minimum travel. Soft game. Late start.

I expect a close physical game. 3-2 Flames.

God I hope Iginla gets a goal (or two or three!!!)

Our 3rd and 4th lines got a lot of ice time last night so the forwards should be fresh. Voynov, Doughty and Scuderi played alot and had to work hard to keep up with a lot of the oilers. I worry they maybe physically drained.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I wonder what team will show up at home tonight? Te hard working, responsible fast paced team who takes lots of shots? Or the team that leaves the backup goalie out to dry and our 4th line gets praise?

In the end, I want us to win every game for the rest of season, and at least one winning lotto max ticket in the next month or so

I have a feelign that alot of the players will be bringing their "A" game as Sutter will be there. Either they will be grateful for the millions he gave them and want to prove they are worth it to the guy that gave it to them, or if they were not given it maybe a "F" you for not giving it to me.
Like I said before the oilers game if the kings can weather the first I like the odds.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'll predict Iginla being a beast tonight. He'll want to put his impact on display for Dean Lombardi ;)

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
The Kings have been struggling as well and this should be a winnable game but I just have no idea which Flames team will show up. The Phoenix game was total Brent Sutter hockey. Hopefully no soft goals against tonight.

Anyone know if Sven is close to returning?

Still wearing the yellow "no contact" jersey.. So maybe another week or so I would expect

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
Nice to see those old Kings/Flames brawls. You really couldn't touch Gretzky back then.

Wasn't too smart of Sabourin to pop Gretz with Miller and Baumgartner on the ice at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad