News Article: Guy Lafleur: Brendan Gallagher should be MTL's next captain

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
People are already willing to crap on him the minute they get a chance, as demonstrated in his so called "slow start" to this season (a load crap, as far as I'm concerned). A large part of the fanbase are thankful to finally have a player of his ilk on this team. A vocal minority with dubious motives like to make a bigger deal out of anything he does on the other hand.

when he stops diving on the ice for calls and throwing fits on the bench for getting tossed out of games

why would the captain of habs act like that

would saku koivu no he was one of the most respected player in the league

subban amazing talent, so fun to watch, i shouldnt have been negative or whatever

the habs need to get away frmo their rep for being divers. how can you do that if your captain is being fined for embellishement all the time

Last edited:

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I wouldn't like for my captain to be ragdolled and abused by opponents' defensemen on a daily basis. He gets sucker punched or face washed so often that it would be frankly embarrassing because our guys would never retaliate and other teams would basically keep abusing the face of our team. Imagine if he was captain during that Jets game.

After a while I would probably feel like Terrell Owens, except replace teammate with captain.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Lebowski;104877911[B said:
]I take it you're not from Montréal or Québec by the US flag below your username[/B]... But it doesn't take much for Subban to get blasted to bits by fans and media around here.

It would more than suggest this. Are you implying that as an American, I have some disability that keeps me from appreciating the political/cultural quagmire my all time favorite sports franchise is in?

It has always been this way! That is why we Anglos love you guys! Passion before logic!

GO HABS GO

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
when he stops diving on the ice for calls and throwing fits on the bench for getting tossed out of games

why would the captain of habs act like that

would saku koivu no he was one of the most respected player in the league

subban amazing talent, so fun to watch, i shouldnt have been negative or whatever

the habs need to get away frmo their rep for being divers. how can you do that if your captain is being fined for embellishement all the time

You're right, Crosby never dives..and he never whines or throws fits.
Toews..same thing..he never dove...and it never happened that Seabrook had to go talk to him on the freaking penalty bench to calm his ass down because he was going berserk there after his 3rd penalty of the game.

The disconnect some fans have with reality is completely insane.

I don't have an issue with PK becoming captain. I think it'll be Max if they name one next year because Habs are conservative and it's the most conservative pick.
I could somewhat agree with fans that feel he's maybe a little too brash and seems like a joker, I wouldn't mind if that was the arguments against.
But to say crap like he dives and throws fit as if he somehow does it more than other well respected captains is just ridiculous.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Toews..same thing..he never dove...and it never happened that Seabrook had to go talk to him on the freaking penalty bench to calm his ass down because he was going berserk there after his 3rd penalty of the game.

I don't have an issue with PK becoming captain. I think it'll be Max if they name one next year because Habs are conservative and it's the most conservative pick.
I could somewhat agree with fans that feel he's maybe a little too brash and seems like a joker, I wouldn't mind if that was the arguments against.
But to say crap like he dives and throws fit as if he somehow does it more than other well respected captains is just ridiculous.

diving is not ok doesnt matter who it is

if i want to watch that ill watch the world cup

subban is great but getting fined for embellishing all the time is lame

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

diving is not ok doesnt matter who it is

if i want to watch that ill watch the world cup when italy or portugal or germany or every other country whoever is falling all over the place

anyways im done here

subban is great but getting fined for embellishing all the time is lame

This all right. You succeeded at your goal to come in, troll and stirr **** with bad grammar, and leave in a huff.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal

Subban's antics are as annoying as you can find.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Subban would be my choice no doubt. Other than Price he's by far our best player, he leads by example and always shows up. His diving or his "antics" are blown way out of proportion by media, officials and fans. How did Bishop not get fined for all those flops we've seen over the past season and playoffs? Almost seems like there is some sort of bias here. hmmm.

This is Price's team anyways, he's the real captain.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
Let's make history and give the C to Subban. He has the passion and respect of his team, fans, organization and the rest of the league. What more can one ask for? Now imagine if Montreal adopts a new jersey all in black with a rich red habs logo on it rather than the boring traditional jersey lace or not. :yo:

JV

Feb 12, 2003
na
Visit site
To you. To me I couldn't care less. Guy is a competitor through and through, a top 5 D in the NHL. That's all I really care about.

I don't think anyone wants to win in MTL more the PK. And he has shown that he understands the drill in terms of what to say and what not to say.

He's coming into that part of his career where people will follow him. Hopefully, markov has the legs to keep up for another season....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad