Guy Boucher's second season

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Everywhere he coached, he had a successful 1st full season and fired/out of playoffs in the second.
Is it coincidence or it have to do with his coaching style

Guy Boucher

QMJHL Voltigeurs
06-0737-26-7Lost 2nd round
07-0814-51-5 no Playoffs
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Won championship 08-09

Tampa Bay Lightnings
10-1146-25-11Lost 3rd round
11-12 38-36-8 no Playoffs
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Fired in 12-13 after 31 games

Bern SC
14-15 32-13-5Lost 2nd round
15-1610-12-0 Fired
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bern SC won the championship with Leuenberger as coach that year
He coached 13-14 as a replacement for 6 games, didn't counted since not full season

Ottawa Senators
16-1744-28-10Lost 3rd round
17-18: 8-8-6 14th eastern conference. can still turn things around.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
God I hope he gets canned and never re-hired just so his boring style never has to be televised ever again.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
You expected it to go over well or?

Considering their success was highly unsustainable and similar to the Flames, Avs, and Leafs of a couple seasons ago yes. The numbers were there for anyone to interpret. The "system" is nothing but a joke.

I said MTL was a better team than Ottawa a while ago and got crucified. Here we are.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Considering their success was highly unsustainable and similar to the Flames, Avs, and Leafs of a couple seasons ago yes. The numbers were there for anyone to interpret. The "system" is nothing but a joke.

I said MTL was a better team than Ottawa a while ago and got crucified. Here we are.

You're not very smart if you think saying the Sens are a bad team to Sens fans and expected a warm welcome.

Reactions: SenzZen

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I didn't expect the opinion of MTL being better than Ottawa being seen as ludicrous as it was.

How is Montreal better though???

They are 3 points ahead and Sens have 3 games in hand........... Ottawa is just having the toughest stretch of hockey they've seen in 5 years. Quite the timing to be honest. Guessing you were nowhere to be found 10 games ago.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Players quit on him and his system.

I don't think that's the problem. If anything, there's been a commitment to defense, they were scoring fine then decided to play tight hockey and give up less goals but they've also been scoring less as a result. He's basically overcoaching.

Arkantoss

Mar 2, 2016
his system is too much of a grind on players to be consistent over multiple seasons.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

They are 3 points ahead with 3 games in hand........... Ottawa is just having the toughest stretch of hockey they've seen in 5 years. Quite the timing to be honest. Guessing you were nowhere to be seen 10 games ago.

MTL is still heavily under performing their xGF%. Ottawa doesn't generate enough high danger chances to be considered anything more than a potential wild card team. I don't even think their personnel is bad, but their "system" is just horrid.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
MTL is still heavily under performing their xGF%. Ottawa doesn't generate enough high danger chances to be considered anything more than a potential wild card team. I don't even think their personnel is bad, but their "system" is just horrid.

Oh I agree the system sucks but it's very very debatable that Montreal is better so again I'm not surprised people were opposed to it and to this day Montreal really hasn't proved they are a better team..

And also their xgf% is screwed because they have no one after Pacioretty than can finish and even he can't do it right now. It's been this way for years in Montreal nothing new.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Oh I agree the system sucks but it's very very debatable that Montreal is better so again I'm not surprised people were opposed to it and to this day Montreal really hasn't proved they are a better team..

And also their xgf% is screwed because they have no one after Pacioretty than can finish and even he can't do it right now. It's been this way for years in Montreal nothing new.

I haven't looked at Montreal's historic xGF but you might be right.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
We all have jobs here, right?

Have you ever had a job that you found fun? Where going to work was fun? Did you perform better in that job than in those where you didn’t have fun? I know I did.

I don’t think players have fun playing in Guy Boucher’s super-defensive overly-coached system.

I don’t think they’re having fun.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia

They are 3 points ahead and Sens have 3 games in hand........... Ottawa is just having the toughest stretch of hockey they've seen in 5 years. Quite the timing to be honest. Guessing you were nowhere to be found 10 games ago.
When was the last time Ottawa won a game against Montreal?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
When was the last time Ottawa won a game against Montreal?

That's irrelevant though. Ottawa got beat by Carolina time and time again and yet they've been a better team for a while.

Also Montreal got beat by the Rangers and Sens beat the Rangers right after.. It really has nothing to do with it.

Ottawa always wins against Toronto, yet Toronto is a much better team. Even that game where Matthews scored 4, Ottawa still won 5-4. You can shape it any way you want really, Montreal hasn't proved they are a better team.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

you might not think montreal is any good, but as you make excuses for ottawa's tough stretch, have a look at Montreal's 'stretch' through their first 10+ games. it was 'brutal' as well

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
you might not think montreal is any good, but as you make excuses for ottawa's tough stretch, have a look at Montreal's 'stretch' through their first 10+ games. it was 'brutal' as well

I agree. That was related to the timing of the poster's comment rather than an excuse of the teams bad stretch as I'm well aware that Montreal had a poor stretch themselves. 10 games earlier Sens were leaps and bounds ahead of Montreal and it couldn-t be further from the truth but here we are having posters saying Montreal is a better team with 3 points ahead and 3 games more played ... What do you think about that?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad