Confirmed with Link: Guy Boucher talks about the future (and wears new logo...not really)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I don’t know him personally but he seems like a very very intelligent and understanding guy.
That doesn’t make him a great coach but I’m not ready to say he’s a bad one.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I don’t know him personally but he seems like a very very intelligent and understanding guy.
That doesn’t make him a great coach but I’m not ready to say he’s a bad one.
I think his stubbornness and unwillingness to change will define him as a coach.

He is still utilizing a formula which isn't producing results. Why is the PK still so bad? Why are we still collapsing so low. Why are the point shots not being challenged? Why is 11-7 still being used?

It's like the Boro analogy that I always use, he may play hard every shift but he doesn't play smart. Same thing can be applied to Boucher. He may be very intelligent but he is not a good teacher at least he hasn't shown anything to indicate that he is a good one

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I disagree. I think he rolls with 11-7 because out young defenders are the ones that need the most sheltering and help if things go wrong. There is more ice time available than he'd like to give to each of the kids, so he has an extra body out there so that everyone gets what the should have.

Our young forwards have a lot more in the way of vets who can insulate them, or pick up ice time if one is having a tough night. We have to remember that this is a rebuild, and that the development of the young players is most important this year. Our D corp is super young outside with two stone cold rookies and one with less than 100 games (sometimes two if Harpur or Wolainin are in). With only 6 on the roster it means that if anyone is having a rough night, or needs to have their ice time reduced, we don't have the bodies to make it happen.

I personally think the armchair coaches have it wrong here. I'm super happy with how Chabot and White have developed, so I'm willing to trust how our coaches are dealing with the kids.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
PK Faceoffs -- Missing Pageau and Smith; But countering with Pyatt and Paajarvi; Winning 35% of the Draws on the PK .. is one area that could be quick to improve on. Win the draw to a D that isn't going to give it away every 2nd time they touch it and we will improve.

2Whv6a.jpg

NcDEBj.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad