Post-Game Talk: Gutsy loss against dirty team Habs lose 3-2

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The bolded is what seems to be really difficult to understand for "meh those things just happen" posters on HF. No angular moment whatsoever, it's supposed to be a straight vector against Kotka - into the boards. Nope, there's a sneaky forward & up vector generating that angular moment. Definitely dirty. As if small guys automatically pirouette down on direct hits LOL... look at what Zadorov tried on Matthews Wednesday night. Didn't look all that clean either.
It was not the foot that "slewed" KK. It was a leg slew. Defined in the rule book is "foot or leg".
Total awful check. I'm all for rough and tumble hockey.
That was a dirty slew leg.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
It was not the foot that "slewed" KK. It was a leg slew. Defined in the rule book is "foot or leg".
Exactly,now let's see what quintal does,oh wait a minute I forgot he's auditioning for the next gm or president of hockey ops. Mustn't make buttman's donkey referee's look bad.Please tell me how they care about concussions one more time.:deadhorse

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I was at a rink and missed the game.

Who went after Zadorov? I assume Weber did his best to to mete out some retribution?

Are you kidding me, Habs don't get retribution by being physical, they get even on the scoreboard :sarcasm:
Although, I did notice Domi give Zadorov and good tongue lashing , all 5'4 of him, I mean 5'9.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Nothing dirty about that hit. Was as clean as they come. Any hit you could argue has a level of “dirtiness” to hit. Bit of a follow through with elbow, shoulder does make contact with head, seems like theres a bit of a sleep foot, some hooking with the stick, etc.
It's a freaking contact sport, such things are part of it.
Nothing wrong with the hit, KK felt his first real check and unfortunately fell awkwardly. That's all there is to it.

Reactions: Zorba and ArtPeur

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Nothing dirty about that hit. Was as clean as they come. Any hit you could argue has a level of “dirtiness” to hit. Bit of a follow through with elbow, shoulder does make contact with head, seems like theres a bit of a sleep foot, some hooking with the stick, etc.
Nothing wrong with the hit, KK felt his first real check and unfortunately fell awkwardly. That's all there is to it.

Go put on your glasses, bruh

His right knee is swiping KK's left leg intentionally flipping him over. What's next, it's gonna be okay to german suplex another player?

It was a dirty hit, watch the video again, between 0:30 and 0:33, you'll see he raises his right leg to flip KK over.

You have to keep your feet on the ice for a hit, or else it's charging.

I wonder if you seen the right angle, because the raised leg you didn't mention, yet it's clear as day.

Anyway, it's never been legal to charlie horse another player. It is a dirty move.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Can't disagree more. He didn't fell. He was catapulted because of the knee Zadorov uses for that purpose. Geez, since when does shoulder to shoulder hit does something like that?

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Time to acquire someone willing to beat the shit out of the other teams opposing players.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Can't disagree more. He didn't fell. He was catapulted because of the knee Zadorov uses for that purpose. Geez, since when does shoulder to shoulder hit does something like that?

Other contact sports (NFL, rugby) have adopted strict/absolute liability approaches to dangerous play. The NHL seems to be lagging.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Other contact sports (NFL, rugby) have adopted strict/absolute liability approaches to dangerous play. The NHL seems to be lagging.

To me it's a clear attempt to injure. A shoulder to shoulder would have made KK being stamped to the glass and fell down on his buttocks. As he usually does. It's impossible that what happened, happened, without the help of something else than his shoulder as big Zadorov is.

Zadorov has hit players tons of times in the past...and nobody went flying the way KK did. Even smaller guys.

Reactions: jaffy27

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The hit on KK from a football perspective is like a horse collar but even with a higher degree of danger.

I'm very surprised the announcers had such a hard time calling that hit dirty last night. The rules state explicitly that it's either the "foot or the leg" that counts as slewing the player. You just normally see the foot. But in no case would KK spin backwards with the violence that he did if his legs weren't taken out from under him.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
what's your point? He has played one game. Keep him up here and he'll be having a miserable time of things. I can cherry pick one game from Price too and give you his shutout...or any number of games where he had that streak that he was above 930...
My point was... that performance wasn't anything to be pissed about. Get your head out your ass and stop being defensive over nothing.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Agree, I love the rocke em sock em but you clearly see the right leg of Zadorov come up just prior to the hit.

He uses the knee to knock KK off balance and fall back then Zadorov uses his arms to propel the mid air spin, hence why KK’s body violently rotates 180deg. within a foot of travel. End result is he lands on his neck/head.......

The manoeuvre was calculated and dangerous

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The hit on KK from a football perspective is like a horse collar but even with a higher degree of danger.

I'm very surprised the announcers had such a hard time calling that hit dirty last night. The rules state explicitly that it's either the "foot or the leg" that counts as slewing the player. You just normally see the foot. But in no case would KK spin backwards with the violence that he did if his legs weren't taken out from under him.
The hit reminds me of a judo move.......

right leg kick to knock off balnce while simultaneously using arm strength to rotate body. It’s the only was someone can spin mid air the way he did

e6w25Hu.gif

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Avalanche fan here. You guys showed a lot of fight in getting back into that game last night. I thought once we went up 3-0 we were going to just steamroll and blow the doors off the joint but I have to give the Habs credit for their tenacity in this one. I definitely feel like we were either gassed or coasting in the latter part of the game, probably gassed but you guys made a game of it anyways. If the third period was the entire game we leave with an L.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
My point was... that performance wasn't anything to be pissed about. Get your head out your ass and stop being defensive over nothing.

I wasn't the one pissed with his performance. Neither was Julien. If there were people pissed about it that's on them. But your point means nothing by bringing up stats in relation to some other players, considering its just one game.
All you had to say was "it was his first game and he played pretty damn well in it, maybe even better than any of our other goalies could do at the moment." When you decided to bring the save percentages into it is when it got muddied up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The answer, just as in the gun debate, is moar guns.

So, Zadorov hurts our player. We can't hurt him cause he's too imposing? Then Pee Air is saying how come no one went after Makar or McKinnon? Maybe we should flip them on their heads with a lifted leg non-infractible slew move to see if we can get a concussion out of them too? Or maybe we could have our player do a leave-your-skates forward lunging ninja move and then let your body flop on them, cause "it's not ballet."

This is the code in the NHL when a team is the recipient of a dangerous hit that takes out an opposing player.

Reactions: Tighthead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad