Post-Game Talk: Gutsy loss against dirty team Habs lose 3-2

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Oh, Kingpin the 1996 movie. Sorry about that. I didn't make the connection as I've never seen it.

You've never seen it?....
I'm sure you can figure out things for yourself….
iWo4IHB.gif

Reactions: hvac412

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wonder... is this a beginning of a new 8 game losing streak? What is Clod going to try next? Put Petry in net and Price on a wing? Some of the line combos were so ridiculous that I honestly thing that Clod may be actually losing his marbles.
Clod gonna Clod...............MB's team is driving Clod insane.

Lose 9 out of 10 and MB is on a Russian holiday ala James Bond!! Soon to return from Russia, with love!!

Reactions: hvac412

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Clod gonna Clod...............MB's team is driving Clod insane.

Lose 9 out of 10 and MB is on a Russian holiday ala James Bond!! Soon to return from Russia, with love!!
What a clusterf#&%$ing mess this team is,thanks Magoo,can't wait to see what excuse dumb & dumber are gonna come up with at the end of season presser.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The desperation is so palpable to make the playoffs that we are gonna see a wretched mistake made on a lot of our futures.
I don't think this will happen. Bergevin seems to be terrified of losing any of his top prospects, because they're the final card he can play to safeguard his job. As long as Caufield, Primeau, Poehling and Suzuki look promising, he can point to a rosy future and keep hope -- and his position -- alive.

Ironically, trading prospects would've been the right move over the years, seeing as how so many of our former top prospects went nowhere and are currently littering the minor leagues. This mindset that our prospects are untouchable has done more harm than good; it's something this franchise needs to get over. GMs were supposedly calling about Poehling in the off season. Depending who was offered, Bergevin may have missed out on a real opportunity because of the same overhype we attached to McCarron, Scherbak, Beaulieu, etc.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Oh, Kingpin the 1996 movie. Sorry about that. I didn't make the connection as I've never seen it.

I dunno, maybe I am dim and simple, but I loved that movie.

Movie is the reason why I keep my beer fridge extra cold when I had the ladies over. It’s also why I drink less milk now. I’ll leave it at that.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Still not up with Primeau coming up from minors at this age put into this situation. Just plain stupid. he looked like a scared rabbit in the first period.
The hit on KK was a slew foot. Just occurred higher up on the leg. No way you go spinning backwards like that on a normal hit. Hope he's okay. Looked like a concussion situation.
The AVE are big and skilled. Way ahead of us and where we'd like to be. They are not a "dirty" team like some imply.
Like Max's game last night, good line in fact with Cousins. But man cousins does not have much of a shot outside of 5 feet.
Otto Leskinen looks real tiny out there.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It was an OK first start from Primeau. Not great, but ok. He should be in Laval.

It was a decent effort, but in the end they were beaten by the better team.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Still not up with Primeau coming up from minors at this age put into this situation. Just plain stupid. he looked like a scared rabbit in the first period.
The hit on KK was a slew foot. Just occurred higher up on the leg. No way you go spinning backwards like that on a normal hit. Hope he's okay. Looked like a concussion situation.
The AVE are big and skilled. Way ahead of us and where we'd like to be. They are not a "dirty" team like some imply.
Like Max's game last night, good line in fact with Cousins. But man cousins does not have much of a shot outside of 5 feet.
Otto Leskinen looks real tiny out there.

The bolded is what seems to be really difficult to understand for "meh those things just happen" posters on HF. No angular moment whatsoever, it's supposed to be a straight vector against Kotka - into the boards. Nope, there's a sneaky forward & up vector generating that angular moment. Definitely dirty. As if small guys automatically pirouette down on direct hits LOL... look at what Zadorov tried on Matthews Wednesday night. Didn't look all that clean either.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I don't think this will happen. Bergevin seems to be terrified of losing any of his top prospects, because they're the final card he can play to safeguard his job. As long as Caufield, Primeau, Poehling and Suzuki look promising, he can point to a rosy future and keep hope -- and his position -- alive.

Ironically, trading prospects would've been the right move over the years, seeing as how so many of our former top prospects went nowhere and are currently littering the minor leagues. This mindset that our prospects are untouchable has done more harm than good; it's something this franchise needs to get over. GMs were supposedly calling about Poehling in the off season. Depending who was offered, Bergevin may have missed out on a real opportunity because of the same overhype we attached to McCarron, Scherbak, Beaulieu, etc.

I agree that Marc is very risk adverse it seems.... with respek :naughty: to selling the farm however I wouldn't totally rule it out depending on the leash that molson has him on. If he's as free as I think he is... no hail mary's for the PO's .

If molson is close to firing him.. I wouldn't put it past him to make some poor play to push us into the post season. People worried about losing a gravy job like this could make some poor choices to save their own bacon.

Hopefully we trade our vets, we aren't a contender. Lets rebuild please.

Reactions: Lshap

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Bergevin is clearly not going to commit to a rebuild.....Molson needs to step up and take charge.....if you wait to do a rebuild in 2 years before the expansion draft this franchise will be in way worse position.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bergevin is clearly not going to commit to a rebuild.....Molson needs to step up and take charge.....if you wait to do a rebuild in 2 years before the expansion draft this franchise will be in way worse position.
Mol$on is the real true problem, he nor Big Mac know exactly what they are doing. MB and Mol$on had better success withe the team Gainey/Gauthier left behind, than the team Big Mac has created. Sad times for Habs fans, and no end in sight....if MB continues to work the phones and his magic, in his words, anyting can appen...

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I was at a rink and missed the game.

Who went after Zadorov? I assume Weber did his best to to mete out some retribution?

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
What a clusterf#&%$ing mess this team is,thanks Magoo,can't wait to see what excuse dumb & dumber are gonna come up with at the end of season presser.
I shudder because I can already hear what's coming..

"When Da Gretzky Drouin go down, and Lemieux Byron, and done da later, da next coming of Mcdavid Kotka go down, it very hard to recover from dat"

He will not use "attitude" this year as a problem, as that would make him look bad since he used up that excuse last year. But, rest assured, you can bet he will come up with another new excuse this year! Rinse and repeat each year with this process.

next, he will talk about kids like Fluery, Suzuki and other young guys who made great strides this year to make it appear we have a great future (keep coming to the games folks, spend your money!) but he will forget to mention how his 3rd overall pick and pretty much 90% team, including guys like Price, Domi etc. took a step back this year.

It is just the same old same old Bull Shizz with this management and team, and it makes me want to vomit on them all.

Reactions: MootAboot

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
OK can someone please explain to me why, on the PP, we have Tatar and Suzuki on their natural wing opposite each other? Maybe I am stupid but wouldn't it make more sense to have them on their off wings in order to have 2 more one-timer shooting options? Right now we have 1 shooting option on the PP from the point. This baffles me to no end, watch other teams PP - lefties on the right side half board and righties on the left, creates additional shooting options and opens up the ice/passing lanes.

WTF???? Someone please set me straight...what am I missing?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Isn't it telling and problematic you left out Kotkaniemi of this group?
KK was struggling this year and just got crushed, the overflow of character on this team stepped out as it does best, by doing nothing about it and losing. Bravo, Team Bergevin.

To further comment on your list..Poehling ain't looking particularly good in the AHL right now, production ain't where I hoped it'd be. Caufield, he's in the juniors so really, there's nothing promising about that. Most first round kids will look promising year after their draft when back in juniors, or at least, it's not uncommon but it doesn't mean anything. I don't think we should include him in such discussion. Unless he was some clear future star prospect, but he ain't, so...pass.
That leaves Primeau and Suzuki. Both should not have seen a minute of ice time in the NHL imo this year.
Promising...ya...just a matter of time until that excitement/hope comes down.

Reactions: Tighthead

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
The desperation is so palpable to make the playoffs that we are gonna see a wretched mistake made on a lot of our futures.
Yes,the idiot Bergevin is trying to make the playoffs to have 1 hail mary chance to win a cup....which is virtually no chance instead of having a plan and building a team to have 7-8 chances to win a cup.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->