Player Discussion Gustav Olofsson: The Man With the Bionic Shoulders

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Laval Rocket season review: Gustav Olofsson is a jack of all trades

''Olofsson’s game has never been about producing large amounts of goals, but instead, setting many of them up. However, that doesn’t mean he isn’t a useful piece. Despite having just one goal to his name, Olofsson put plenty of pucks on net for Laval, with his 104 shots. His skills as a playmaker can also shine through, especially when used in conjunction with his skating. Standing at 6’3’’ he can shield the puck well while driving the net, and then use his awareness to pick out a teammate for a pass.''

''He’s a solid AHL player, and decent call up option in a pinch, but that might be his peak barring any chances. Some offensive upside, not a liability in his own zone, and able to be deployed in plenty of different roles.''

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Laval Rocket season review: Gustav Olofsson is a jack of all trades

''Olofsson’s game has never been about producing large amounts of goals, but instead, setting many of them up. However, that doesn’t mean he isn’t a useful piece. Despite having just one goal to his name, Olofsson put plenty of pucks on net for Laval, with his 104 shots. His skills as a playmaker can also shine through, especially when used in conjunction with his skating. Standing at 6’3’’ he can shield the puck well while driving the net, and then use his awareness to pick out a teammate for a pass.''

''He’s a solid AHL player, and decent call up option in a pinch, but that might be his peak barring any chances. Some offensive upside, not a liability in his own zone, and able to be deployed in plenty of different roles.''

I was just looking at him this morning. Olofsson and Juulsen were the two leaders in +/- for Laval last year. Both didn't play full seasons but Olofsson at least played 57 games this time. Great piece on D for Laval IMO.

Olofsson turns 26 in December but lost a year in development. Great recovery last year and I hope he can gain momentum heading into this age 25/26 season. Bergevin gave him a $250k AHL salary which probably means a lot to him.

Reactions: DAChampion

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
he's having a new shoulder installed, it's going to be robotic.

images

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
We are out of left handed defenseman with kulak and oullette not practicing lol..

This guy just might very well get some playing time after all lol, we have no choice

He will certainly enjoy the non-major contact skrimmages lol

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Does Olofsson have much of an NHL chance? Looking at the stats been big increase this season. I can't get Laval games. I know he lost several seasons of development to injury

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Does Olofsson have much of an NHL chance? Looking at the stats been big increase this season. I can't get Laval games. I know he lost several seasons of development to injury

I personally think so. The guy's got a lot of tools that make a player an NHL'er. He's got size, he's mobile, good defensively. And even if it's in Sweden's 2nd division, it's good to see him produce. He would need a stint in Laval first, though.

Reactions: Scintillating10

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
I personally think so. The guy's got a lot of tools that make a player an NHL'er. He's got size, he's mobile, good defensively. And even if it's in Sweden's 2nd division, it's good to see him produce. He would need a stint in Laval first, though.
I thought he meant Gustav Olofsson? I’ve only seen a few games of Laval this year but I think he could play in the NHL, but more of a 7th-8th dman. I’ve been more impressed by Leskinen this year, he can really skate with the puck

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought he meant Gustav Olofsson? I’ve only seen a few games of Laval this year but I think he could play in the NHL, but more of a 7th-8th dman. I’ve been more impressed by Leskinen this year, he can really skate with the puck

You're right, it was referring to Gustav. I was just in the prospects thread before I made that post and I had Jacob Olofsson in my head. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad