Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Oloffson Assigned to Iowa 3/24

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Oloffson has been recalled and swapped with Mike Riley, expected to start out this homestand per Russo.

Was hoping to get a peek at these guys in Iowa this week, but with Tuch and Gustav both up.. not sure what kind of notes I can take for you guys haha! Oh well, be exciting to see him play again.. been on a roll in Iowa. :handclap:

Also I am at work so I can't post Russo's direct link if someone can.

Last edited by a moderator:

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Cool, I figured they would do this eventually. I'm excited to see Olofsson get a chance!

Agree.. will be interesting to see if they go the "Tuch" route and pair him with someone to let him be successful, or if they will throw him on the bottom pair with Folin/Prosser and just get a few min. Id personally like to see him skate with Scandella.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Makes sense to rotate Reilly and Olloffson in order to keep them both Waiver exempt to start next year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Agree.. will be interesting to see if they go the "Tuch" route and pair him with someone to let him be successful, or if they will throw him on the bottom pair with Folin/Prosser and just get a few min. Id personally like to see him skate with Scandella.

Two LHD's on one pair, and two RHD's on another?

Olofsson is either playing with Prosser or Dumba.

I thought Reilly was pretty good also. Definitely will be an NHL'er. It's up to him how good of an NHL'er.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Barely noticed him. His box score was totally clean. No points, no SOG's, no blocks, no hits, takeaways or giveaways.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He had some nice zone exits. Steady game from him, not the "oh poo" moments that Reilly had.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I was trying to focus on him as much as possible. Guy is a beanpole out there, tall with a super long stick. His outlet passes were better than Folin's, played a smart, safe game. I like him but I still worry about when someone comes in on the forecheck and hammers him.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
He played well last night. Very well, IMO.

Didn't play the toughest minutes but he was solid all around. Better than Folin with the puck though not as physical.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was trying to focus on him as much as possible. Guy is a beanpole out there, tall with a super long stick. His outlet passes were better than Folin's, played a smart, safe game. I like him but I still worry about when someone comes in on the forecheck and hammers him.

Ha! Thought the same thing.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Barely noticed him.

I've been thinking to myself the last few games, 'Well, guess it's a good thing. As long as he's playing steady and not standing out by getting torched.'

Indeed. Needs to put on some muscle. Wonder if his injuries the past few seasons had kind of put the kibosh on those plans? I'd think the trainers would encourage it in the hopes it'd help maybe cut down on the injuries a little though.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I do recall Olofsson getting caught on his heels and giving up a scoring chance yesterday.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He was quoted after the game saying that the Wings made things confusing in the Wild D zone. His being confused explains why I thought he was tending to get lost in his own zone, yet played better in the other zones.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see what is confusing. You shouldn't be up near the Blue line when the puck hasn't cleared your zone, unless you've yelled "switch"( or something) with a teammate.

Unless they are teaching something completely different to Dmen these days.

On the bright side, he did get a couple of points, and he looks decent with the puck.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
I don't see what is confusing. You shouldn't be up near the Blue line when the puck hasn't cleared your zone, unless you've yelled "switch"( or something) with a teammate.

On the bright side, he did get a couple of points, and he looks decent with the puck.

I think this is the case. If you watch the goal, Parise is tied up with Mantha when the puck goes up to Nyquist on the wall, so I'm guessing Olofsson thought he should've taken Nyquist without telling Parise to stay low.

Actually when you watch the play I think Parise would've stayed with Mantha, but Mantha tripped up Parise and that's why he's all alone in front.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hope he stays up. Wonder if Fletcher finds a deal for Dumba for a RHD exempt from the expansion draft, protects Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin. Scandella gets taken and Olofsson takes his spot. Exempt D or UFA takes Dumba's spot.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

When you are confused as he said he was, you can panic and make poor decisions...like chasing someone to a place you shouldn't be.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I think that he has looked good in this call up. Making mistakes is gonna happen, he has barely any NHL experience, I think we are so spoiled with the normal top 5 that when they call up a guy we expect him to completely take the other guys place.

Also Im sure staying in the NHL will help him fill out and get stronger. Just look how long it has taken Granlund to get stronger and improve his skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad