Speculation: Gustafsson

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Laz gets shit on here more than he deserves, but that Boqvist comment was asinine.

Boqvist is a bit undersized right now, but with the log jam on defense that is expected next year, he'll have two full years at minimum before his services are needed here. Hell, if our defense wasn't a bunch of pushovers, we could probably afford to have one softer young guy back there next season who can create offense.

Unless that pick is Edmonton's 1st, hint: it's not, then that trade proposal makes zero sense and he should feel bad for coming up with it.

Reactions: Giovi

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Laz gets **** on here more than he deserves, but that Boqvist comment was asinine.

Boqvist is a bit undersized right now, but with the log jam on defense that is expected next year, he'll have two full years at minimum before his services are needed here. Hell, if our defense wasn't a bunch of pushovers, we could probably afford to have one softer young guy back there next season who can create offense.

Unless that pick is Edmonton's 1st, hint: it's not, then that trade proposal makes zero sense and he should feel bad for coming up with it.
Why? He's a condescending moron.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Laz gets **** on here more than he deserves, but that Boqvist comment was asinine.

I don't even think he is undersized at this point. He looks a little taller and thicker than at the draft.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why? He's a condescending moron.
Why? Because I don't think he's a condescending moron. He has a lot of bad takes, like most posters here, and he certainly isn't Powers. But he's okay compared to a lot of sports writers.
I don't even think he is undersized at this point. He looks a little taller and thicker than at the draft.
I think he needs to keep working on adding muscle, but yeah, the kid was damn near six foot at the draft as a 17yo, so he could certainly be over 6ft now.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why? Because I don't think he's a condescending moron. He has a lot of bad takes, like most posters here, and he certainly isn't Powers. But he's okay compared to a lot of sports writers.

I think he needs to keep working on adding muscle, but yeah, the kid was damn near six foot at the draft as a 17yo, so he could certainly be over 6ft now.

I 100% agree.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The bar is sooooooooo low for competent Blackhawks writers, and honestly has been throughout the entirety of the T&K era, that Lazarus being “ok” is a joke.

I have zero respect for him. He made a conscious choice to cater to the mouth breathing moron Facebook Hawks fans up in arms over Q being fired instead of having some integrity or objectivity.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Laz’ condescension comes across pretty clearly on the podcasts. I think he does it because he thinks it’s humor.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Laz “Bowman should be fired for firing Q but now I’m more mad Bowman didn’t fire him earlier” Laz?

He doesn’t get enough **** on here
I dont get the view or complaint here. . . Is it a complaint this is inconsistent? Theres were never some set opinion of his He isnt of one mind, and not mad. He's not a fan. I dont get the hate to point out theres questions to ask there.

You find both and other viewpoints here. Hes pointing out the hypotheticals because tons of hawks fans that harp back to him can't get out of their own view as the sole angle. And some here are that way and some of Laz readers are hyped up to be that way because of people like chief and that agenda.

Yeah his hockey opinions are bad but his main thing is being the human interests reporter.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I dont get the view or complaint here. . . Is it a complaint this is inconsistent? Theres were never some set opinion of his He isnt of one mind, and not mad. He's not a fan. I dont get the hate to point out theres questions to ask there.

You find both and other viewpoints here. Hes pointing out the hypotheticals because tons of hawks fans that harp back to him can't get out of their own view as the sole angle. And some here are that way and some of Laz readers are hyped up to be that way because of people like chief and that agenda.

Yeah his hockey opinions are bad but his main thing is being the human interests reporter.

Can you rephrase all of this for me? Sorry, don’t mean to be difficult, I just don’t understand what you’re trying to say

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014

Well he definitely doesn't understand hockey better than a generic Hawks beat reporter. If you've listened to him on the Athletic podcast, read his writing or seen ANY of his Twitter, his condescension is palpable.

I mean if puff pieces about the number of times athletes need to change each day or how hard it is traveling so often for work are you thing, then I guess he's your guy.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Well he definitely doesn't understand hockey better than a generic Hawks beat reporter. If you've listened to him on the Athletic podcast, read his writing or seen ANY of his Twitter, his condescension is palpable.

I mean if puff pieces about the number of times athletes need to change each day or how hard it is traveling so often for work are you thing, then I guess he's your guy.
Most of the people on HFHawks have a better understanding of hockey than Laz.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Laz had this "gem" in his joint column with Scott Powers today...

"I’m just spit-balling here, but if, say, the Oilers want Gustafsson, maybe you can package him with Boqvist and get a draft pick and Evan Bouchard. "

Blows my mind this moron is given a platform.

Yea this makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad