Value of: Gusev TBL

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
If anyone can clarify why he can't be given a offsheet that would be great because I don't understand.

He signed a ELC and it has expired.

Is he still considered a group 1 RFA?

If he is still considered a group 1 then he's not arbitration eligible. He doesn't have the required games to make him eligible (10 games in a pro league for players 24 and older) to be a professional. According to the NHL CBA.

From what I can read it's not making sense.
I believe it has to do with coming from overseas overage and not playing an NHL game @mouser knows better than I though.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I believe it has to do with coming from overseas overage and not playing an NHL game @mouser knows better than I though.

I think it's because he's still a group 1 RFA because he doesn't have the games required to be a group 2 RFA. I think Vegas gave him that ELC knowing he wasn't going to play but just to get that 925k max salary out of the way so he could sign for more this upcoming season. This to entice Gusev in coming over before he became a UFA.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Oh please god I hope Shero is in on this . Perfect fit for our top 6 .
Vatanen of any interest ? Pick plus Vatanen or just a pick ?
What are Vegas’ needs ?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
The absolute last thing Tampa needs is another small, non physical forward.

It was a bad move by SY to give him to Vegas, but he's not changing anything in Tampa, and he doesn't make them better when it matters.

You telling me that if the guy turns into Panarin he is making the team worse even if he is not a physical force out there? Sigh, some guys really underrating his talents

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If anyone can clarify why he can't be given a offsheet that would be great because I don't understand.

He signed a ELC and it has expired.

Is he still considered a group 1 RFA?

If he is still considered a group 1 then he's not arbitration eligible. He doesn't have the required games to make him eligible (10 games in a pro league for players 24 and older) to be a professional. According to the NHL CBA.

From what I can read it's not making sense.

Gusev is in the same situation as Brock Boeser and Charlie McAvoy--even though their ELC's have run out they didn't accumulate enough professional seasons to qualify as Group 2 RFA's and subsequently be eligible for offer sheets.

Gusev only needed one season of professional experience, whereas Boeser and McAvoy needed three, but none of them hit those thresholds.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
He's so small. He needs to eat a sandwich.

I mean he's 5'9" which is ok, but only 165lbs at age 26??

Is he really fast? Does he have good hands? Great hockey IQ?

His numbers are ok in the KHL, but when you are 18 you still have room to grow and gain weight, but at 26??

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's so small. He needs to eat a sandwich.

I mean he's 5'9" which is ok, but only 165lbs at age 26??

Is he really fast? Does he have good hands? Great hockey IQ?

His numbers are ok in the KHL, but when you are 18 you still have room to grow and gain weight, but at 26??
those are old stats. Other sites have him at 5'11", 180.

Sabrehack

Aug 30, 2018
Instigators show in Buffalo reported that Russian media says his ask is $4M x 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad