Gus Nyquist, Vladislav Gavrikov, and Joonas Korpisalo appreciation thread

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Three warriors, three fan favorites. A lot of good moments with those two. Will be missed and remembered by the CBJ crowd !

256 games for Vlad and 210 for Joonas. Both drafted and only played for Columbus

1677689757170.gif

17597443.jpg

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I can’t verify it but I’m comfortable saying I was the first to say the team should move on from Bob because of Korpi’s play. This was probably pre-Vezina and certainly pre-TB sweep, so maybe I was wrong.

I mention this to say that, while I’ve hassled Korp when he’s played poorly, I originally had the hottest of takes.

This will be difficult for anyone who doesn’t understand the possibility of gray area or changing your mind.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Wouldn't be overly surprised to see Korpi back here at some point in his career. Wish both of these guys the best. Really glad to see Korpi play better after getting his hip fixed, I just wish it didn't mess with our tank!! I wish we could've resigned Gav, but either way, what we got out of him both as a player and as a TDL asset is pretty much as good as it gets for a 6th round pick.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sorry to steal your thunder ViD, but I included Gus Nyquist in your title. I hope you don’t mind

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Korpi is one of those guys you just can’t help but root for. My fingers are crossed that his time in LA will be highly successful and he helps them in a strong playoff run.

I don’t want to shortchange Gavrikov. He appeared to be a guy with a great sense of humor, one of this guys you love in the locker room and on the ice. I wish those phone post-goal calls were saying “Always a Blue Jacket”.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don’t want to shortchange Gavrikov. He appeared to be a guy with a great sense of humor, one of this guys you love in the locker room and on the ice. I wish those phone post-goal calls were saying “Always a Blue Jacket”.
Another lesson for us all to never get attached to a player regardless of how good or loyal he seems

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He was traded for business reasons...we have a bunch of defensive kids coming...need a lot of space in 2-3 years
Dislike

Look, I don’t think Gavy’s great shakes. Maybe he was going to be too expensive over the length of a deal but I think I’d have done it to have a guy like him around.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jarmo likely didn’t want to give him 6-8 years

If you could get Gavi for 6 years at close to $4m I would just do that. Kids can force us to move someone when they're forcing their way into the top 4. But right now all the left side D are at minimum two years away from making the top 4, or maybe 3+ years away. To me that's something you deal if the kids make you deal with it, you don't make a vacancy years in advance.

I dont disagree.. I think it just came down to keeping from a NTC/NMC that gets sticky in a couple years

Just my opinion

If there was an NTC as a sticking point, that I would understand.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
If you could get Gavi for 6 years at close to $4m I would just do that. Kids can force us to move someone when they're forcing their way into the top 4. But right now all the left side D are at minimum two years away from making the top 4, or maybe 3+ years away. To me that's something you deal if the kids make you deal with it, you don't make a vacancy years in advance.

If there was an NTC as a sticking point, that I would understand.
Why I said yesterday ppl shouldn't speak in absolutes when it comes to trades...theres always an alternate reason

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad