Confirmed with Link: Gus is here to stay!

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
What about

Quincey, Sammy, Tatar and a pick or maybe another prospect

for

Gleason and Tlusty

That has to be interesting in some of the holes it fixes while addressing the cap.

I would do that package for Gleason alone. Sammy has negative value.

For Nyuist, Glad he is here to stay.
He deserves this! and I hope he plays many successfull seaons here in Detroit.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Do you think lindholm is crosby or something? I mean I will keep nylen tatar and my two picks. probably frk too see if he can come around

If we could trade for gleason with smith and quincey add tootoo I would consider it but honestly am unsure he is not hit his decline doubt he is the guy from 2 years ago anymore hitting blocks etc.. Dont see him those types of numbers so figure by time he runs his contract out he could wind up a quincey or worst a injury bug guy.

Just saying would be a big risk so would look for younger or a one year deal guy.

Does he have to be? He's an elite-upside top 5 pick centreman. Those don't come cheap and Wings don't have one in their prospect pool unless Jarnkrok or Janmark wildly exceed expectations. If you look at the prospect depth chart I made if this trade were to happen, the Wings still have plenty of talent at every position. In this scenario, they have an elite level prospect at every position. Mrazek in goal, Sproul on the back end, Mantha on the wing and Lindholm at centre.

I think that's worth the price it would require.

Plus he's Jarnkrok's cousin so it'd be pretty cool to see them play together.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Does he have to be? He's an elite-upside top 5 pick centreman. Those don't come cheap and Wings don't have one in their prospect pool unless Jarnkrok or Janmark wildly exceed expectations. If you look at the prospect depth chart I made if this trade were to happen, the Wings still have plenty of talent at every position. In this scenario, they have an elite level prospect at every position. Mrazek in goal, Sproul on the back end, Mantha on the wing and Lindholm at centre.

I think that's worth the price it would require.

Plus he's Jarnkrok's cousin so it'd be pretty cool to see them play together.

I think a lot of people over value some prospects. This is one such case.

Do I think he is a toews kane? NO. So your trade is just blah.

I laugh at you honestly elite use that word only when its true.

For Z and D please lol.

Not for sproul im sorry but a guy who struggles at own end is NOT ELITE on D. He is not Karlsson and doubtful ever will be.

We throw around things once in awhile wayyyyyy tooo easily.

Nyquist might wind up being ELITE category there is true signs. No one and I mean no one has shown they deserve that title in our prospect pool. Mrazek might be and I think he has a shot. Others might step up and surprise as you said. Mantha? I question him big time being Elite. Do I see him as the next getzlaf? I seriously doubt it.

We have a lot of good kids and time will tell who shakes it up and who doesnt.

Top 5 center pick Elite jeez Lindholm? http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33387

Nothing I see there tells me this guy is elite? Or could be Elite. I believe he is a hard worker and good kid and smart on the ice and does play decently two way game but to say he is RNH or galenchyuk or duchene tavares type?

I dont see where he has ever shown that yet.

So to give away 5-6 prospects and two picks REALLY?

He is 18 I assume lets give him some time before we decide he is worth trading 2-3 valuable assets and two early picks lol.

For the package you offered I would hope would be some interest in teams who would give one of those four above away honestly.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Not for sproul im sorry but a guy who struggles at own end is NOT ELITE on D. He is not Karlsson and doubtful ever will be.

Sproul has been improving and knows that his D is what he needs to work on. And who said Karlsson was elite on D? I've heard Ottawa fans with a different opinion.

Nyquist might wind up being ELITE category there is true signs. No one and I mean no one has shown they deserve that title in our prospect pool. Mrazek might be and I think he has a shot. Others might step up and surprise as you said. Mantha? I question him big time being Elite. Do I see him as the next getzlaf? I seriously doubt it.

A lot of people on the Wings board think Mantha is the only elite prospect Wings have. Why does he have to be the next Getzlaf to be elite? Nyquist was always PPG in AHL yet he MIGHT be elite according to you? You call Mrazek elite yet his numbers are not great so far this season in the AHL. Why are your subjective opinions on prospect potential legitimate and mine not? I never said Lindholm would be Toews/Kane good. Does a prospect have to project to that level to be worth your time?

Nothing I see there tells me this guy is elite? Or could be Elite. I believe he is a hard worker and good kid and smart on the ice and does play decently two way game but to say he is RNH or galenchyuk or duchene tavares type?

Again, never compared Lindholm to any of those players. And I'm sorry that you don't think he's elite but teams don't waste 5th overall picks on players who don't project as elite.

So to give away 5-6 prospects and two picks REALLY?

So giving up a 1st rd prospect, 2 2nd rd prospects and 2 3rd rd prospects is too much for you to stomach? Why do you value 2nd and 3rd rounders so much when clearly you don't hold a 5th overall pick in very high esteem?

He is 18 I assume lets give him some time before we decide he is worth trading 2-3 valuable assets and two early picks lol.

Maybe once that time has passed, he's worth more than that. And the Wings want to remain competitive, so the picks are not THAT early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad