Confirmed with Link: Gus is here to stay!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Tatar is available for the right things right now though. Gus rightfully should not really be for sale, though I am sure they would listen on almost everyone on this team. Could actually see them shopping Tatar though with a contract they don't want to make it happen for a nice player but one people probably would not be enamored with.

THW

Mar 6, 2008
I can smell a Tatar/Smith/Andersson trade. I would rather have Tats than Miller/Eaves/Sammy/Cleary, but they have almost negative trade value right now.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Gotta love the idea of the Wings trading a player like Tatar who they have developed for 4+ years, was a 2nd round pick, has 25+ goal potential just because Holland and Babcock are not willing to get rid of a useless player on an expiring deal that could perhaps be the worst player in the league.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Gotta love the idea of the Wings trading a player like Tatar who they have developed for 4+ years, was a 2nd round pick, has 25+ goal potential just because Holland and Babcock are not willing to get rid of a useless player on an expiring deal that could perhaps be the worst player in the league.

If they can get good value out of the trade, why not?

Is the only time to trade a player when they have no value?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
If they can get good value out of the trade, why not?

Is the only time to trade a player when they have no value?

What would you consider good value?

Tatar appears to be an NHL ready top 6 player. How many other prospects other than Nyquist can you say that about? If the Wings were a contending team and were gonna trade Tatar to another team for a player that would put them over the top. I'd consider that. That's not the case here. Clock is ticking on Datsyuk and Z with no replacements in sight. The notion of trade Tatar is crazy talk and not sensible at all. However, if you can give me a proposal that would help the team when this year by trading Tatar, I'm all ears.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013

Tatar appears to be an NHL ready top 6 player. How many other prospects other than Nyquist can you say that about? If the Wings were a contending team and were gonna trade Tatar to another team for a player that would put them over the top. I'd consider that. That's not the case here. Clock is ticking on Datsyuk and Z with no replacements in sight. The notion of trade Tatar is crazy talk and not sensible at all. However, if you can give me a proposal that would help the team when this year by trading Tatar, I'm all ears.

Tatar, Tootoo, Kindl for Edler. *Shrug*

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
trading tatar for anything but a top 2/3 dman or top 3/4 forward would be assine

of course not one for one but in a pckg deal

trading a young player from a team that is too old for an older depth player is akin to deliberately attempting to sink the detroit red wings

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008

I don't know anyone specifically, but I am not going to pull out a blanket "Don't trade Tatar" statement when he has value and could be used for a trade to help the team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I would move Tatar and Quincey for Tlusty, who is supposedly on the open market, think he would get along swimmingly with Datsyuk and he is defensively responsible and offensively responsible with the puck in a way that Tatar isn't going to be. I don't know that they would do it, but these are ideas.

I just don't believe they are keeping both Tatar and Nyquist with Babs as head coach. We will see, but I am way more protective of Nyquist in this scenario and if the right deal comes about for Tatar we should really think about it. The one I listed might be too much going to Carolina, but the point was there are things out there that could get this going.

What about

Quincey, Sammy, Tatar and a pick or maybe another prospect

for

Gleason and Tlusty

That has to be interesting in some of the holes it fixes while addressing the cap.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I don't know anyone specifically, but I am not going to pull out a blanket "Don't trade Tatar" statement when he has value and could be used for a trade to help the team.

Ya know, I'm not totally opposed to trading him for the right deal for a really good player to help the Top 6. Of course he has value, but if he had been used properly from Game 1, his value would be even higher. I hate the idea of, oh we can't waive Cleary, Andersson or trade Sammy. But hey, Let's trade Tatar because the Wings have a roster/cap crunch! It goes against everyhing Holland has said about the future and the prospects etc due to blind loyalty to inferior players that are not in the plans for the coming years.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Ya know, I'm not totally opposed to trading him for the right deal for a really good player to help the Top 6. Of course he has value, but if he had been used properly from Game 1, his value would be even higher. I hate the idea of, oh we can't waive Cleary, Andersson or trade Sammy. But hey, Let's trade Tatar because the Wings have a roster/cap crunch! It goes against everyhing Holland has said about the future and the prospects etc due to blind loyalty to inferior players that are not in the plans for the coming years.

None of those players are in equal situations.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I would move Tatar and Quincey for Tlusty, who is supposedly on the open market, think he would get along swimmingly with Datsyuk and he is defensively responsible and offensively responsible with the puck in a way that Tatar isn't going to be. I don't know that they would do it, but these are ideas.

I just don't believe they are keeping both Tatar and Nyquist with Babs as head coach. We will see, but I am way more protective of Nyquist in this scenario and if the right deal comes about for Tatar we should really think about it. The one I listed might be too much going to Carolina, but the point was there are things out there that could get this going.

What about

Quincey, Sammy, Tatar and a pick or maybe another prospect

for

Gleason and Tlusty

That has to be interesting in some of the holes it fixes while addressing the cap.

Not saying that's a bad proposal. I'm not that familiar with Tlusty. I'm guilty of this as well. Just throwing in players like Quincey and Sammy in proposals. I don't see Carolina doing that deal. We may hate Quincey, which is well warranted. Do not see him getting moved. Also, Sammy has a NTC. You really think he wants to go to Carolina and compete for nothing? At least try sending him to a warm climate or a place he's lived before.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not saying that's a bad proposal. I'm not that familiar with Tlusty. I'm guilty of this as well. Just throwing in players like Quincey and Sammy in proposals. I don't see Carolina doing that deal. We may hate Quincey, which is well warranted. Do not see him getting moved. Also, Sammy has a NTC. You really think he wants to go to Carolina and compete for nothing? At least try sending him to a warm climate or a place he's lived before.

Unless Sammy has decided he is retiring it is something he should be considering, has a chance to maybe turn his performance down there into into another couple million bucks. They have to take them for cap concerns, Rutherford was a part of the brain trust that picked Quincey for the World Championships a couple years ago, maybe he wants him I don't know.

The point we are getting at was I don't think Tatar is untouchable. If the right deal comes along that makes sense he will probably be moved.

Tlusty doesn't generate a lot of offense by himself, but he is good along the boards, pops in garbage goals and has a good shot, though not a huge fan of his release. In any case he is struggling along with Staal and Semin, but in a large part because he is their board guy and the guy that is supposed to get open. Maybe he is a one year wonder, but I like putting him with Datsyuk and I like what he brings this team in terms of sound play and above average play on the board. Plus he has RFA control, if he is in fact available we should be calling. Problem is they want a PMD, probably left-handed so that is good for us, but we don't have one to return Tlusty even in his slump, so we have to add.

Tlusty is a 26 year old winger
Gleason a 30 year old stay at home D-man

They are not awful pieces and both look to be expendable if you put the right package together.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
First off, wooooo to Gus staying! :yo: figured it would take longer, but happy it didn't.

As for the roster, I wouldn't mind seeing Andersson moved. Just move Abdelkader to the fourth line center role to replace him. Wouldn't mind Miller being moved either. Id be shocked to see Cleary move, it would be a happy shock though :nod:

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
First off, wooooo to Gus staying! :yo: figured it would take longer, but happy it didn't.

As for the roster, I wouldn't mind seeing Andersson moved. Just move Abdelkader to the fourth line center role to replace him. Wouldn't mind Miller being moved either. Id be shocked to see Cleary move, it would be a happy shock though :nod:

Babcock doesn't like Abby playing center :shakehead

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Unless Sammy has decided he is retiring it is something he should be considering, has a chance to maybe turn his performance down there into into another couple million bucks. They have to take them for cap concerns, Rutherford was a part of the brain trust that picked Quincey for the World Championships a couple years ago, maybe he wants him I don't know.

The point we are getting at was I don't think Tatar is untouchable. If the right deal comes along that makes sense he will probably be moved.

Tlusty doesn't generate a lot of offense by himself, but he is good along the boards, pops in garbage goals and has a good shot, though not a huge fan of his release. In any case he is struggling along with Staal and Semin, but in a large part because he is their board guy and the guy that is supposed to get open. Maybe he is a one year wonder, but I like putting him with Datsyuk and I like what he brings this team in terms of sound play and above average play on the board. Plus he has RFA control, if he is in fact available we should be calling. Problem is they want a PMD, probably left-handed so that is good for us, but we don't have one to return Tlusty even in his slump, so we have to add.

Tlusty is a 26 year old winger
Gleason a 30 year old stay at home D-man

They are not awful pieces and both look to be expendable if you put the right package together.

This is gonna sound crazy but I'm bored so here goes.

Put together a huge package for Lindholm. They want a PMD so:

Smith, Tatar, Janmark-Nylen, Frk, Paterson, Quincey, Tootoo + 2014 1st rd pick and 2015 2nd rd pick

for

Lindholm and Gleason

Wings give up a LOT of talent but this still leaves them with a lot prospect wise at every position while adding that elite centre prospect they're missing.

Nyquist-Lindholm-Mantha
Jurco-Jarnkrok-Pulkinnen
Athanasiou-Sheahan-Ferraro
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Nastasiuk
Callahan

Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-DeKeyser
Almquist-Marchenko
Jensen

Mrazek

Insane prospect depth.

Last edited:

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013

Smith, Tatar, Janmark-Nylen, Frk, Paterson, Quincey, Tootoo + 2014 1st rd pick and 2015 2nd rd pick

for

Lindholm and Gleason

When was the last time a team gave up that many pieces in one trade? :laugh:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
When was the last time a team gave up that many pieces in one trade? :laugh:

thank god cause that might be one of worst proposals ive ever seen.

Lindholm is good but karlsson? I dont think so.

So I am not giving up great prospects which he put in and draft choices high ones just insane and leave nylen out of all craziness in the future please. At least till we see what we have exactly and he has some AHL time.

Daaaammmmm

edit ::: and he wasnt even talking about the D guy who is looking like might be a superstar he is talking a kid played 10 games scored 2 points lol and sent back down for seasoning?

Why not just add d and z to this too wow. Talk about over rating someone.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I would package Tatar in a trade for an Enstrom/Edler or that kind of proven top 4 d-man. Not a kid, but someone that can step in right away and make an improvement to our D.

Anything less and no way I'd part with Tatar. I think he's been good, just doesn't seem too confident at the moment. I really think a someone-Helm-Tatar 3rd line can be huge for us. Nyquist is further ahead in maturity. Tatar will hopefully cut down on rookie mistakes as the year goes on.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

for

Lindholm and Gleason

Wings give up a LOT of talent but this still leaves them with a lot prospect wise at every position while adding that elite centre prospect they're missing.

Nyquist-Lindholm-Mantha
Jurco-Jarnkrok-Pulkinnen
Athanasiou-Sheahan-Ferraro
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Nastasiuk
Callahan

Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-DeKeyser
Almquist-Marchenko
Jensen

Mrazek

Insane prospect depth.

Do you think lindholm is crosby or something? I mean I will keep nylen tatar and my two picks. probably frk too see if he can come around

If we could trade for gleason with smith and quincey add tootoo I would consider it but honestly am unsure he is not hit his decline doubt he is the guy from 2 years ago anymore hitting blocks etc.. Dont see him those types of numbers so figure by time he runs his contract out he could wind up a quincey or worst a injury bug guy.

Just saying would be a big risk so would look for younger or a one year deal guy.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
colbert-o.gif

HPj4EKF.gif

l9hO30Z.gif

2prep9.gif

tumblr_inline_mpzo39XlMm1qz4rgp.gif

Pissed that it took this long but sooo happy to have him up full time now. Also KH said that some of the veteran signings he made haven't turned out like he thought so maybe Sammy and/or Cleary are the ones to be jettisoned from the roster :crossfing

Did hell freeze over??:sarcasm:

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Babcock doesn't like Abby playing center :shakehead

Nor should Babcock. Abdelkader has had his chances at centre and proven he can't play the position. He is atleast marginally effective as depth/energy winger.

I do agree with the premise of getting rid of Andersson... even if it means simply waiving him. His skill set is marginal at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad