Confirmed with Link: Gus is here to stay!

Detroit Sports*

just posted this. great news.i wonder what kenny does now...

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Nice!

Does this mean we don't have to call up any D?
Lashoff flu? Q "bumps and bruises" ?

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
Ok, so what happens now? DeKeyser being on LTIR is the only reason Nyquist got the call up if i recall right? So who goes now?

I think it'd have to be Sammy or Cleary, right? Anyone have a better understanding on the situation?

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
Trading Tatar would be very dumb IMO. This guy has potential to put up 60 points a season down the road when he develops. This Cleary signing is really coming back to bite us in the A now

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Or Miller is waived or Andersson.

Babs loves Andersson and Miller has 2 years left.. Miller can actually PK, skate, hit etc. It's really a slap in the face to players like Eaves, Toots and Miller getting waived while #71 stays. I don't think they'll waive him.

tunasnacks*

Sammy, Cleary, Quincey waived and AA promoted?

Or Tatar, Cleary, Quincey to Winnipeg for Kane?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
isn't it sort of sad/pathetic that this is one of the best things that has happened this year?

but anyway, as pgt said, better late than never. they're not tards. interesting to see how this plays out.

nyquist brings an element this team lacks. when everyone is healthy i'd go

z-d-alfie
nyquist-weiss-franzen
tatar-helm-abby
who-gives-adamn

bert is on short leash. he is good at protecting the puck and along the boards but can't do much else.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
great news. hope they handle it the right way though, losing tatar over this when there's bums like cleary around would be horrible.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
good news but i'll believe it when I see it

and i'll believe Tatar isn't gonna get traded or at least benched to keep room in the lineup for Cleary when I see it too

really don't trust Holland/Babcock at all

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
He has a no trade. We only gain $100K in cap space if we demote him, though.

yeah. might as well just keep sammy and bench him...try and trade him if possible, otherwise just let the contract expire.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
So when he plays the game on saturday he has to go through waivers to be sent down to the AHL? (Meaning he's here to stay permanently since Kenny doesn't like to give up on these kind of players?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad