LeBrun: Guessing Tyson Barrie will ask 8M At Least. Has Become a “Big Fan” of Toronto

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Unfortunately with it being the internet your first paragraph really doesnt lend any credibility to your opinion as you could easily just be making **** up. The positive and negatives of anonymity I guess.

Nylander has always been great at takeaways (especially in the neutral zone) and has been back checking a lot more consistently lately while the JT comment I just do no understand at all. Nylander will never be a selke level defensive player but he is far from a liability.

Questioning JT's work ethic or commitment in the defensive zone makes absolutely no sense to me. Also the guy almost scored 50 goals and 100 points in his first year with the leafs while playing as the matchup/shutdown line. Really don't know what else people want lol

What kind of sad loser would make up living in Toronto? LOL! Anyway... I went to York U for a year as a visiting student where I lived on Passy Crescent with grad students and international students. Then had two addresses in Leslieville, the first on Woodfield a quick walk to the Ashbridges Beach, and then on Highfield a few steps away from the Southeast Asian Bizarre where I frequented the Lahore Tikka house among other amazing spots. Then I lived at Yonge and Eg in a flat attached to the mall there (pre-renovation), then at St Clair and Yonge across from a now closed sports bar called SCC where I watched most Leafs games and sang karaoke. Lastly I lived on Balliol (which everyone pronounces Ball-Oil for some reason) before heading back to Winnipeg to raise my family. So, yeah, I know Toronto quite well.

I’ve seen enough of Tavares and Nylander to see their defensive deficiencies up close. The underlying metrics back it up as well. I just tend not to wear the homer goggles when assessing players I enjoy watching.

And I’m not sure how 88 points is almost 100 for Tavares as you stated. It’s not. He’s never even broken 90 points in a single season yet and he almost certainly won’t this year. Take off the homer glasses pal, he’s a really good player for sure, but he never became the bonified superstar he was supposed to be. Now he’s nearly 30 so don’t expect untapped ceiling.

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Guilty? That is not a worry, certainly not yours.

Ok, so why don’t you tell me what I should worry about. Like you know me or something?

Leafs are my second favourite team and Toronto is my second home. I don’t like what Dubas has done with overpaying players and I know it’s going to come and bite the team in the ass. I think it already has, in fact.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ok, so why don’t you tell me what I should worry about. Like you know me or something?

Leafs are my second favourite team and Toronto is my second home. I don’t like what Dubas has done with overpaying players and I know it’s going to come and bite the team in the ass. I think it already has, in fact.
I am not telling you that hat you should worry about. I don't know you. I am still sure that you don't worry about Dubas' alleged overpayments. You don't like what you believe Dubas has done fine. It doesn't make your assessment a reality like paying Barrie 8M because he is in your mind goofy.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Barrie's been good under Keefe. He makes some mistakes, but I think he's suffering from Gardiner syndrome, where the mistakes might be glaring, while the overall results are good. His defensive stats under Keefe are not bad at all. In fact, they're pretty good. He doesn't get particularly tough usage though.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Highly doubt he gets it, although I remember MacKinnon saying he would in Spittin Chicklets.

Detroit or Columbus have the space though.

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Underlying metrics have Nylander as a decent/average defensive player, so not sure what you're on about there.

Average defensively and less than 1ppg throughout career and even in his career year this season means he needs to get better or it’s yet another overpay.
I am not telling you that hat you should worry about. I don't know you. I am still sure that you don't worry about Dubas' alleged overpayments. You don't like what you believe Dubas has done fine. It doesn't make your assessment a reality like paying Barrie 8M because he is in your mind goofy.

Maybe you should re-check the title of this thread:

Lebrun -> Barrie -> $8M

If you don’t like the conversation stay out of it because this is literally what the thread is about

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Average defensively and less than 1ppg throughout career and even in his career year this season means he needs to get better or it’s yet another overpay.

Maybe you should re-check the title of this thread:

Lebrun -> Barrie -> $8M

If you don’t like the conversation stay out of it because this is literally what the thread is about
I know what the title of this thread is. I am arguing with you saying "And Dubas is goofy enough to give him $8M when he’s worth 2/3 of that AT MOST." not what Barrie is asking for. Keep your head in the game.

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I know what the title of this thread is. I am arguing with you saying "And Dubas is goofy enough to give him $8M when he’s worth 2/3 of that AT MOST." not what Barrie is asking for. Keep your head in the game.

So your saying that your guess is better than Lebrun’s? You must know Barrie personally.

Anyway, I think we both agree Barrie is worth closer to $6M than $8M. Where we differ is if Dubas will pay closer to the latter.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So your saying that your guess is better than Lebrun’s? You must know Barrie personally.

Anyway, I think we both agree Barrie is worth closer to $6M than $8M. Where we differ is if Dubas will pay closer to the latter.
I have made no guess. I am saying that Dubas is not "goofy" nor does he have a penchant for overpaying players. I an completely accepting that LeBrun says Barrie wants 8M at least. Try to follow along. I mean you were till you I guess ran out of ideas.

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I have made no guess. I am saying that Dubas is not "goofy" nor does he have a penchant for overpaying players. I an completely accepting that LeBrun says Barrie wants 8M at least. Try to follow along. I mean you were till you I guess ran out of ideas.

Glad you’re back on track. Looked a little lost there...

The rest of the hockey world disagrees with bolded. It’s not really a debate.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this reminds me of the similar ferland stories last year. an agent who is a little too eager to put his client's name in play at a high number when things are going well because he is not confident it will last.

or maybe barrie wants to poison the trade market

either way, not buying it.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
B5BA4B7F-3CA5-4916-8475-246FE6A2AAEE.gif

Reactions: maxim84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad