Speculation: Guess the trades that happen before or on trade deadline

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If a good enough defence man is available for Nylander you can bet he will get traded.
Completely inaccurate. Again kapanen will go first for an equal value wise D man if dubas does anything at all. Only if that fails will nylander be the block. They are not trading nylander for anything less than a 2 to 3 D man. He actually has been the second best forward on the leafs this year. While I am not a fan of his you cant agrue that . He has been better than Tavares and marner . The best trade chip they have is kapanen at this moment

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
2nd + Hollowell for Brendan Dillon
Sharks say no. We have so many prospects that are the same level as Hollowell. We need a prospect with an actual chance to make it to the NHL. I’d actually be okay with Bracco in return but I know a lot of Sharks fans aren’t.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Completely inaccurate. Again kapanen will go first for an equal value wise D man if dubas does anything at all. Only if that fails will nylander be the block. They are not trading nylander for anything less than a 2 to 3 D man. He actually has been the second best forward on the leafs this year. While I am not a fan of his you cant agrue that . He has been better than Tavares and marner . The best trade chip they have is kapanen at this moment
Actually, no it’s not inaccurate. If a top pairing defence man is available Dubas would/should seriously consider it. This is how you upgrade your team. Kapanen won’t bring that kind of value. And why does Kapanen have to be the first person moved in a trade? I’m not even talking about just this trade deadline. Could be in the off-season, could be next year that Nylander could be moved.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Actually, no it’s not inaccurate. If a top pairing defence man is available Dubas would/should seriously consider it. This is how you upgrade your team. Kapanen won’t bring that kind of value. And why does Kapanen have to be the first person moved in a trade? I’m not even talking about just this trade deadline. Could be in the off-season, could be next year that Nylander could be moved.
Dubas in his defense wont blow it up they try a more conservative approach first. Now your changing your tune about off season and next year.... leafs will not he trading Nylander this season for anyone... including a top 2 D. They will try ( if even that) tongue kapanen as trade bait to get better back there. The time for this is now...

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Dubas in his defense wont blow it up they try a more conservative approach first. Now your changing your tune about off season and next year.... leafs will not he trading Nylander this season for anyone... including a top 2 D. They will try ( if even that) tongue kapanen as trade bait to get better back there. The time for this is now...
I wouldn’t call trading Nylander for a defence man blowing anything up.
I also originally never said when Nylander would get traded. I was replying to the fact that people are saying he won’t be traded. Which is false. No one knows if he will or not. You can sit here and pretend all you want that you know what’s going to happen with the team but you don’t.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Probably wouldn’t be an issue if you’d stick to the tittle at hand. People making there trade proposals and people stopping digestion it. Make your own proposals and leave it at that.

Lol...didn't know discussing possible trades in a thread about discussing possible trades wasn't allowed for Leafs fans.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Nate Thompson is magically a 3/4C? I can't see the Isles picking up more bottom 6 wingers when they already have too many as it is.
He’s been our 4C all year, great PKer and very good faceoff man (55.4%). Solid veteran option with Cizikas out but can also play wing if you need it.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He’s been our 4C all year, great PKer and very good faceoff man (55.4%). Solid veteran option with Cizikas out but can also play wing if you need it.
I doubt the Isles make a trade for a guy who's ceiling is a 4c unless its determined that Cizikas will be out for the remainder of the season instead of just 3-4 weeks like stated. As for having another winger, there's no use adding to this list for the bottom 6 wingers currently: Bardreau, Bellows, Dal Colle, Johnston, Martin and Komarov (plus Brassard, Bailey and Beauvillier depending on who else slots on the 3rd line). All of those guys shoot left as well with the exception of Bardreau. If Thompson was a RH center there may be a small fit as a 13f but not as another LH.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I doubt the Isles make a trade for a guy who's ceiling is a 4c unless its determined that Cizikas will be out for the remainder of the season instead of just 3-4 weeks like stated. As for having another winger, there's no use adding to this list for the bottom 6 wingers currently: Bardreau, Bellows, Dal Colle, Johnston, Martin and Komarov (plus Brassard, Bailey and Beauvillier depending on who else slots on the 3rd line). All of those guys shoot left as well with the exception of Bardreau. If Thompson was a RH center there may be a small fit as a 13f but not as another LH.
For a 2021 4th you’re not getting someone with more than a 4th line ceiling unless it comes with a bad cap hit

edit see you just gave up a 2021 2nd for a 3rd pairing D

Last edited:

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
M Perrault to EDM for Russell
Martinez to Fla
Scandella to STL
Kovalchuk to NYI
Toffoli to Boston
Vatanen to Vegas
Dillion to Winnipeg
Dumba/Risto to TB
Hainsey to Pit
Collin Miller to Leafs
Bogosian to Carolina

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
For a 2021 4th you’re not getting someone with more than a 4th line ceiling unless it comes with a bad cap hit

edit see you just gave up a 2021 2nd for a 3rd pairing D
Adding Thompson wouldn't benefit the Isles at all and just add to a log jam. I'd rather see them go for a top 6 winger (possibly a RH shot) to help create offensive depth to bolster up the run. That return will actually give the Isles some depth for a blueline that's looked sloppy ever since Pelech went down. Personally i'm a fan of the possiblity of him stepping in and helping to mentor Dobson and provide depth for the playoffs.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
complete garbage fun, but this is a guessing thread after all

Kreider re-signs NYR

Pageau + 2020 3rd (OTT) to Dallas for 2020 1st (DAL) + Honka

Namestnikov + 2020 5th (TBL) to Edmonton for 2020 2nd (EDM) + Benning

Toffoli (@ 50%) to Boston for 2020 1st (BOS) + Frederic + Forsbacka Karlsson + Backes

Dillon (@ 50%) to St. Louis for Kyrou + 2020 2nd (STL)

Vatanen (@ 50%) to Vegas for 2020 2nd (PIT) + 2020 2nd (LVK) becomes 1st if Vegas wins cup

DeMelo + 2020 2nd (OTT) to Carolina for 2020 1st (TOR)

for even more fun; a 3 way

Buffalo receives
Trocheck

Arizona receives
Montour

Florida receives
Hjalmarsson (Coach Q special)
Jenik/Steebergen

Reactions: Estlin

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
complete garbage fun, but this is a guessing thread after all

Kreider re-signs NYR

Pageau + 2020 3rd (OTT) to Dallas for 2020 1st (DAL) + Honka

Namestnikov + 2020 5th (TBL) to Edmonton for 2020 2nd (EDM) + Benning

Toffoli (@ 50%) to Boston for 2020 1st (BOS) + Frederic + Forsbacka Karlsson + Backes

Dillon (@ 50%) to St. Louis for Kyrou + 2020 2nd (STL)

Vatanen (@ 50%) to Vegas for 2020 2nd (PIT) + 2020 2nd (LVK) becomes 1st if Vegas wins cup

DeMelo + 2020 2nd (OTT) to Carolina for 2020 1st (TOR)

for even more fun; a 3 way

Buffalo receives
Trocheck

Arizona receives
Montour

Florida receives
Hjalmarsson (Coach Q special)
Jenik/Steebergen
Why the hell would arizona do that

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
something around core pieces of
a 2020 1st from/controlled by CAR
for
Skjei

possible small adds
or larger add including Gauthier to NYR depending on what NY would add.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Withe the prices we are seeing I'll go Pageau and late 2 to Col for 1. Dillon to Blues for 1.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafs under Dubas arent convinced he should be spending assets to add to this team. Too many important guys hurt, could miss playoffs.

Instead, they take on expiring contracts to add assets (Similar to when they got Laichs contract to get Carrick and a 2nd)

We got 8.78m in deadline cap space, who has an expiring contract they want to dump to make a different or bigger deal? We got tons of AHL fodder/tweeners we can send out to balance contracts.

Vegas Cody Eakin?
Edmonton Manning? (You can keep him on your AHL team lol)
Edmonton Gagner?

Preferably team in the west, but I think Leafs weaponize cap space to get some assets.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Demelo to Tampa for a 2020 2nd and Luke Schenn
Tierney and Ennis to Edmonton for a 2021 2nd and Sam Gagner

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I wouldn’t call trading Nylander for a defence man blowing anything up.
I also originally never said when Nylander would get traded. I was replying to the fact that people are saying he won’t be traded. Which is false. No one knows if he will or not. You can sit here and pretend all you want that you know what’s going to happen with the team but you don’t.
Of course no one really knows but its just plain common sense pal.... at some point common sense overrules being silly. There is zero chance the leafs trade their second best forward with 26 goals at any time this season. Also plain as day to see they going to use kapanen or AJ as obvious tradebait to help the D. There becomes less of a chance in the off season as they will target alex P from st Louis via free agency. So yes I can go on official record as saying Nylander is NOT getting trading in the near future !!!

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Of course no one really knows but its just plain common sense pal.... at some point common sense overrules being silly. There is zero chance the leafs trade their second best forward with 26 goals at any time this season. Also plain as day to see they going to use kapanen or AJ as obvious tradebait to help the D. There becomes less of a chance in the off season as they will target alex P from st Louis via free agency. So yes I can go on official record as saying Nylander is NOT getting trading in the near future !!!
You want to talk common sense? Have a look in the mirror. The more you try to say it still doesn’t make it true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad