Speculation: Guess the trades that happen before or on trade deadline

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Too much scouting activity between Chicago-Boston and Chicago-Montreal for something not to happen

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
What is so hard to understand? The first pc to fall for the leafs to help with the defensive woes will be kapanen.. if that solves it great.. only then will nylander become available.. nothing before.. zero
If a good enough defence man is available for Nylander you can bet he will get traded.

Reactions: Marner4Life

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Rakell to Boston for a 2020 first-round pick, Danton Heinen, one of Jeremy Lauzon, Jakub Zboril or Urho Vaakanainen, and Oskar Steen.

Tyler Toffoli to Boston for a 2021 second-round pick and Peter Cehlarik.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Scandella retained to St Louis for a 2020 3rd
Kovalchuk to Dallas for conditional 2021 3rd becomes a 2nd if they make the semis or Dallas resigns him
Thompson to NYI for a 2021 4th
Nate Thompson is magically a 3/4C? I can't see the Isles picking up more bottom 6 wingers when they already have too many as it is.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Out of curioustity...what Dman would do it for you? Who do you see being offered that Dubas would accept for Nylander?
It doesn’t matter who I think Toronto could get for Nylander, but things can change pretty fast and players become available. However if I was Toronto, only a top pairing defence man would have to come back.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It doesn’t matter who I think Toronto could get for Nylander, but things can change pretty fast and players become available. However if I was Toronto, only a top pairing defence man would have to come back.
I'm not trying to argue, but this is why i'm saying it won't happen. I don't see anyone making a top pair RHD available.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I'm not trying to argue, but this is why i'm saying it won't happen. I don't see anyone making a top pair RHD available.
No ones arguing. I’m just saying that no one knows. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m just saying I don’t think people should speak in absolutes. Do I think he will be traded. No probably not. I think they will try and find another way of grabbing a defence man but I think if a top pairing defence man becomes available Dubas would be crazy to not even consider it. And to be honest if he didn’t he wouldn’t be doing his job. But like you, this is only my opinion.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
No ones arguing. I’m just saying that no one knows. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m just saying I don’t think people should speak in absolutes. Do I think he will be traded. No probably not. I think they will try and find another way of grabbing a defence man but I think if a top pairing defence man becomes available Dubas would be crazy to not even consider it. And to be honest if he didn’t he wouldn’t be doing his job. But like you, this is only my opinion.
Can you guys continue this leafs discussion on the leafs board

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Can you guys continue this leafs discussion on the leafs board
Lol...didn't know discussing possible trades in a thread about discussing possible trades wasn't allowed for Leafs fans.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad