Confirmed with Link: Guerin named GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm dreaming of a goal explosion from the young forwards. Donato, Kunin, Greenway, Ek, Fiala, Zucker, Parise, Staal, Zucarrello should average 20 goals each- is that crazy talk?

P10p

May 15, 2012
I'm dreaming of a goal explosion from the young forwards. Donato, Kunin, Greenway, Ek, Fiala, Zucker, Parise, Staal, Zucarrello should average 20 goals each- is that crazy talk?

Greenway, Ek, Kunin, and Donato need to take big steps to be able to say you can count on them for 20.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Greenway, Ek, Kunin, and Donato need to take big steps to be able to say you can count on them for 20.
I don't think that's what he's saying. He's saying that if you add in our best goal scorers to those guys, they all would average 20 goals. 180 goals out of our top 9 wingers. It might happen?

P10p

May 15, 2012
I don't think that's what he's saying. He's saying that if you add in our best goal scorers to those guys, they all would average 20 goals. 180 goals out of our top 9 wingers. It might happen?

Would love it to happen!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

180 goals / six top 9 wingers = 30 goals average.

I think you meant “top 9 players”.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i may have already posted line#1 zucker 30G/ staal 25G/ zuccarello 20G; line2 parise 25G/ koivu 15G/ fiala 20G; line3 greenway 15G/ kunin 15G/ donato 15G; line4 foligno 10G/ ?????10g/ Hartman 10G. add 50G from our D and boom goes the dynamite 260GF! (that's with spurgeons 14) so Guerin has something to work with.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'll be disappointed if Donato gets only 15G, Ek 10, and Kunin 15(unless he is playing C). Donato has to score to put up with his defensive and physical deficiencies, Ek has to use that shot and big body of his...though if he is a 4th line C I can't expect much.

As I've said many times before, I want Kunin to be a two way RW who scores 25g...I don't think he has the speed or size to play C, and it will take away from his offense.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I get the impression Guerin has spent more time in Minnesota already than Fenton did in the entire past year.

On Friday, he threw out the first pitch at the Twins game, then met with Twins executives Derek Falvey and Thad Levine and got to meet manager Rocco Baldelli.

On Monday, he held his first hockey operations meeting, sitting down and talking over the roster and training camp for three hours with coach Bruce Boudreau and his staff.

On Tuesday, he got his first taste of the Great Minnesota Get-Together by doing a bunch of radio and TV interviews and eating a couple Pronto Pups at the State Fair. Afterward, he drove out to Eagan in the afternoon and spent two hours with Vikings GM Rick Spielman. He got the full tour of the Vikings’ impressive practice facility, watched some practice and met with coach Mike Zimmer. Later that night, Guerin and Boudreau sat down for a get-to-know-each-other dinner at a popular (aka $$$$$) steakhouse in Minneapolis.

On Wednesday, Guerin and owner Craig Leipold took in the local Minnesota pro’s daily pre-training camp skate and scrimmage in Edina, then went to lunch with Wild captain Mikko Koivu.

Later Wednesday, Guerin also got together with Zach Parise as the new GM tries his darnedest to meet with or speak with almost every player on the roster before he leaves next week for the Wild’s prospects tournament in Traverse City, Mich.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Russo's 2 part interview on the Athletic sold me on "Billy," and sold me again. I really think he understands the relationship part of the gig of which GMPF seemed entirely unaware of. Being liked or disliked makes a difference.

Reactions: TaLoN and AJ Thelen

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Russo's 2 part interview on the Athletic sold me on "Billy," and sold me again. I really think he understands the relationship part of the gig of which GMPF seemed entirely unaware of. Being liked or disliked makes a difference.
I agree. Seems like he knows that he needs to put out all the fires around the organization and community, and he is executing on that immediately. That is a fair amount of awareness from day 1 and shows that he is a leader.

I was lukewarm on his hire (more excited about Fenton getting canned), but I am getting more optimistic. He might actually be the prefect guy to get Spurgeon to re-sign and get guys to fall in line in the locker room. Hope the talent evaluation and trade ability is there too.

Reactions: FVM and TaLoN

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm curious to see his staff hires; we need another assistant GM, I believe. I'd like to see him fix the scouting department and development department as well.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
i may have already posted line#1 zucker 30G/ staal 25G/ zuccarello 20G; line2 parise 25G/ koivu 15G/ fiala 20G; line3 greenway 15G/ kunin 15G/ donato 15G; line4 foligno 10G/ ?????10g/ Hartman 10G. add 50G from our D and boom goes the dynamite 260GF! (that's with spurgeons 14) so Guerin has something to work with.
I think these would be more realistic*:

Zucker 25g/ Staal 25g / Zuccarello 17g
Parise 28g / Koivu 14g / Fiala 15g
Greenway 15g / Kunin 15g / Donato 15g
Foligno 7g / Sturm 5g / Hartman 10g

Suter 7g / Dumba 18g
Brodin 4g / Spurgeon 10g
Seeler 2g / Pateryn 1g

* = when healthy

That’s 233 goals. Would have been good for 20th in scoring this past year.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if zuccarello is such a assist machine he should be able to bump up zucker's & staal's totals. also i think dumba 20g & spurgeon 14G. fiala really needs to get back to 20G or fenton wet the bed on that trade.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
if zuccarello is such a assist machine he should be able to bump up zucker's & staal's totals. also i think dumba 20g & spurgeon 14G.
Zucker and Staal's totals were already bumped up from Granlund.

There was one dman with 20 or more goals last year. I do think Dumba can do it, but realistically I expect him to be in the 15-18 goal range.

I don't expect Spurgeon to replicate this past season's total for this very reason: Dumba will be back. Spurgeon was put into a lot of spots that Dumba would normally be in (1st pair, 1st pp unit, etc). With Dumba back I expect it to be shared, thus reducing Spurgeon's opportunities.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
if zuccarello is such a assist machine he should be able to bump up zucker's & staal's totals. also i think dumba 20g & spurgeon 14G.

Zuccarello's linemates on the Rangers were on fire, but they had a major drop in production when he was traded.
I guess this says it all.

Zucker, Staal and others who will play with him should score more this season.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
if zuccarello is such a assist machine he should be able to bump up zucker's & staal's totals. also i think dumba 20g & spurgeon 14G. fiala really needs to get back to 20G or fenton wet the bed on that trade.
Well, keep in mind we used to have Granlund the assist machine and they were slumping when he was playing some of the best hockey of his life early last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad