Confirmed with Link: Guerin named GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I have to say, i'm slightly worried about an AGM that made his bones being the AGM of a team that had two of the top 5 players in the league for a decade and half, and could largely fill in their top two lines with relative nobodies and succeed.

But here's hoping he sold a solid plan and vision to Leopold and my concerns are unfounded.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
First test: Sign or trade Spurgeon
Second test: Sign Fiala
Third test: Sign JEE

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't know how to feel about this one. One things for sure...he won't have to do much to top Fenton.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Never got into Lovecraft.
I love his stuff, but it's better if you assume that the cultists and Elder Gods are the good guys and are just being slandered by a neurotic New Englander that was afraid of salad. The Colour Out of Space is the only story that's ever struck me as all that frightening.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
The Colour Out of Space is the only story that's ever struck me as all that frightening.
Did you read At the Mountains of Madness? It's very good too. Kind of bummed the movie fell through, but let's see what Colour will be like as a movie. Hopefully it does well, so we can have more adaptations. Almost all the existing ones are campy B-movies, which I feel doesn't do justice to the stories.

The Spanish movie "Dagon" is a good enthusiast attempt, but you can see it is not a big budget movie. They do try hard though, which makes it enjoyable.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I liked Hextall's drafting and management style, of not letting anything out. Here's hoping for a resounding amount of success for you boys! Your team really isn't that far off from making a resurgent push.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
This is what I feared is that Leipold got locked in again. Also apparently Guerin played a major role in the past few years on trades.
you would think he learned from being locked in on fenton, but who knows. hopefully he truely was the best option we had and does a good hopefully great job at turning this team around and setting us up well for the future.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
you would think he learned from being locked in on fenton, but who knows. hopefully he truely was the best option we had and does a good hopefully great job at turning this team around and setting us up well for the future.

The Athletic article doesn't give a glow review of Guerin...

4th gm in franchise history and two of the previous were amongst the worst GMs in NHL history.

When did we employ Mike Milbury? or Pierre McGuire? Or Brian Lawton? Or Rejean Houle? Or Chia? Risebrough wasn't good, but he certainly wasn't the worst GM in NHL history.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Athletic article doesn't give a glow review of Guerin...

When did we employ Mike Milbury? or Pierre McGuire? Or Brian Lawton? Or Rejean Houle? Or Chia? Risebrough wasn't good, but he certainly wasn't the worst GM in NHL history.
I didn't call him the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad