Guentzel the next generation?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I definitely agree with this, he was excellent for us.

11th All-Time in Points, 165 G, 277 A, 442 Pts, 560GP (which is 14th, in between Chris Kunitz and Ron Francis).

Straka went to the Rangers and still produced 70+ there in a couple of seasons, he left the NHL when he could have still continued to be super productive, the guy was far better than people realize. He was one of my favs and it was funny how the guy bounced around and then woke up after we got him back. It's not like he was even terrible before that, the guy scored 30 goals in his 2nd season.

He was also a guy that was able to play multiple positions on forward and still produce damn well, definitely one of my fav ex-Pens of all time.

If people are old enough to remember Straka, being compared to him as a player for Jake Guentzel is a f***ing honor. Straka was a ballsy small player that didn't shy from the rough areas and took punishment to get the job done, he's like a 1" shorter Jake Guentzel with a higher ceiling, Jake would be f***ing lucky to hit the numbers that Straka hit at his peak.

Jake is the better goal scorer and playoff performer, but man, if Jake could be as prolific as Straka, money.

Last edited:
Reactions: theicebox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad