LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Carolina adds 3 absolute clowns in the offseason and by the deadline they're all goners. At least they'll get something in return for Bunting. Hell of a team but just so painfully soft its embarrassing. I can't get behind a team like this. Even when they try to address it, swing and a miss.
I agree they have a lot fewer concussion artists than the Rangers.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
the Doobler got his guy
trade is 1 for 1

giphy.gif

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yeah and Dubas is an idiot if that's the case.
Dubas is, or has been told to go down the middle. Bunting gives them depth and the they get futures.

Likely the owners want to squeeze everything they can out of the now old core. They're getting a lot out of Crosby, but it isn't enough. Not sure how they envision the future going.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
“No you guys are wrong Kakko would actually be a 50 point player if he got 5 mins on powerplay time a game and got stapled to Panarin line. The last 3 coaches have just been holding him back”- some dude on HF…prolly

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If Dubas is trying to rebuild on the fly then I can see why Bunting makes sense in theory.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Carolina adds 3 absolute clowns in the offseason and by the deadline they're all goners. At least they'll get something in return for Bunting. Hell of a team but just so painfully soft its embarrassing. I can't get behind a team like this. Even when they try to address it, swing and a miss.
Are you a Carolina fan?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My favorite part about trades is the team trading the asset wants certain prospects, but after the trade when they don't get those assets, they rationalize how good of a deal it is. And the team receiving the asset gives up more than they wanted to, but rationalize how good of a deal it is because they didn't have to give up other assets.

Reactions: w e l o s t b o y s

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dubas is, or has been told to go down the middle. Bunting gives them depth and the they get futures.

Likely the owners want to squeeze everything they can out of the now old core. They're getting a lot out of Crosby, but it isn't enough. Not sure how they envision the future going.

You could not target Bunting in this deal and sign a Bunting equivalent player in free agency for no assets.

If Bunting takes away any value from futures for Guentzel, Dubas is being an idiot.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Carolina has cap for Guentzel. Makes no sense to be for cap reasons unless they are making more moves lol.

Makes plenty of sense considering the Canes already have a full lineup of forwards who deserve playing time.

If they traded for Guentzel with no forward going back a solid depth guy like Martinook or Fast probably gets pushed out of the lineup, which is a waste.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
As long as we get nice additions, I actually like this. Bunting plays with a fire we don’t really have in the lineup. He could be the “Kunitz” to play with Sid and Rust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad