LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think we know of 5 teams in on Guentzel between Vegas, Vancouver, Carolina, Florida and Edmonton, but I wonder what team makes it 6 and what teams may be interested beyond that.

Just screams Vegas to me

Vegas makes a ton of sense to me as well. I think they have the money to re-sign him as well if they let Marchessault walk and have Hague replace Martinez.

Something like Brisson, Korczak and a 2024 2nd seems really reasonable to me.

Vegas, Vancouver.. Colorado, Florida, Boston, Carolina?

Edmonton is rumored to be heavily interested as well.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I thought I remember somebody claiming that Pittsburgh's intent was to get NHL ready players.

Maybe it was Prospects but no picks?

The report was that they wanted 2 prospects over 2 picks, but I think picks would also be included.

Bringing my post from the other Guentzel thread, these are my expectations for a rental Guentzel trade with some of the rumored teams:

-Vegas: Brisson, Korczak and a 2024 2nd
-Carolina: Nadeau, Koivunen and a 2024 2nd
-Vancouver: Hoglander, Raty and a 2025 2nd
-Florida: Samoskevich, Sawchyn and a 2025 2nd

Edit: changing the Canucks 2025 1st to a 2nd so I can stop hearing about it :laugh:

Last edited:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I’m kind of surprised we (Canucks) are in on him. I understand the Pittsburgh connection but we already got Lindholm. Are we really going to get the two top rental forwards? At what cost? What about helping the defence instead?

I’m guessing if we got Guentzel they’d re-sign him by giving him a blank cheque for 8 years which is annoying. We don’t need more 30 year olds on long term deals.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think we know of 5 teams in on Guentzel between Vegas, Vancouver, Carolina, Florida and Edmonton, but I wonder what team makes it 6 and what teams may be interested beyond that.

Vegas makes a ton of sense to me as well. I think they have the money to re-sign him as well if they let Marchessault walk and have Hague replace Martinez.

Something like Brisson, Korczak and a 2024 2nd seems really reasonable to me.

Edmonton is rumored to be heavily interested as well.
Edmonton was reportedly out on Guentzel, or so I thought I read

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ummmmmm....

Yeah that's the cost for Vancouver to get Guentzel. That deal is right in line with the other 3 offers.

I don't want to rehash all of the Vancouver talk after the other Guentzel trade, but Canucks fans are going to be upset at the price they pay for Guentzel if they end up trading for Guentzel. They won't be able to beat other offers without including Hoglander.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Yeah that's the cost for Vancouver to get Guentzel. That deal is right in line with the other 3 offers.

I don't want to rehash all of the Vancouver talk after the other Guentzel trade, but Canucks fans are going to be upset at the price they pay for Guentzel if they end up trading for Guentzel.

Independence.gif

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Canucks likely are being used to drive up the price on Vegas and Edmonton.

I dont see them using their big Assets for a rental like Geuntzel when they already spent on Lindholm.

They would likely have to include Hoglander in the deal which would be incredibly hard to part with.

Hoggy is 9th right now in the entire NHL in terms of 5 on 5 scoring. Scoring above guys like Crosby, Tkachuk, Nylander etc. His cost controlled 1.1 mil is very valuable as well.

Otherwise it would probably cost Lekky or Willander.

I think id pass if thats the price for Geuntzel for the Canucks. Just for after him in the off-season as a free agent.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
What great reporting. Let me try my hand at this.

"With 16 teams eligible for the NHL playoffs it would appear that at least 6 teams are looking to make a major move prior to the deadline."

Did I do that right Pierre?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

I don't want to rehash all of the Vancouver talk after the other Guentzel trade, but Canucks fans are going to be upset at the price they pay for Guentzel if they end up trading for Guentzel. They won't be able to beat other offers without including Hoglander.
My issue would be with the addition of the 1st. A 2nd, or even conditional 1st, sure. But what makes the Vegas deal more appealing? Curious.

Reactions: hn777

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The report was that they wanted 2 prospects over 2 picks, but I think picks would also be included.

Bringing my post from the other Guentzel thread, these are my expectations for a rental Guentzel trade with some of the rumored teams:

-Vegas: Brisson, Korczak and a 2024 2nd
-Carolina: Nadeau, Koivunen and a 2024 2nd
-Vancouver: Hoglander, Raty and a 2025 1st
-Florida: Samoskevich, Sawchyn and a 2025 2nd
Any one of those teams would be a good fit for Smith if they miss out on Jake.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

The Vancouver offer seems to be more valuable than the other offers you wrote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino