Guelph Storm 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Last night looked to have the largest crowd since covid cancelled the 2019-2020 season. The back and forth game ending in a shootout win was exciting. A number of London fans in attendance attributed the loss to the absence of their starting goaltender Brochu to injury. A win is still a win

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Last night looked to have the largest crowd since covid cancelled the 2019-2020 season. The back and forth game ending in a shootout win was exciting. A number of London fans in attendance attributed the loss to the absence of their starting goaltender Brochu to injury. A win is still a win
And Guelph without Chayka and Reesor. I really hope these two teams match up in the playoffs, I doubt it happens but it would be fun to watch.

Reactions: sbpointer

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Forgot to mention another player on the Storm I really like, and seems to fall under the radar:
Profaca (D).
You guys see him a lot more than I do. Thoughts?
Watched the Storm last night and he is a guy who stood out for me. Solid play with an obvious mean streak. He was always motivating his teammates on the bench and chirping at the other team stirring things up. You can definitely see his character exerting influence both in play and in between whistles. I think he is a solid OA draftee for any team to have Brenden Dillon-type player to develop into

Reactions: nelli27

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
A nice comeback win last night, but I'm worried about our defence- started with 4 rookies and Profaca last night, then lost Buchinger to a game misconduct. Will he be suspended for the cross check? When are Chayka, Reesor and Supryka expected back?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
A nice comeback win last night, but I'm worried about our defence- started with 4 rookies and Profaca last night, then lost Buchinger to a game misconduct. Will he be suspended for the cross check? When are Chayka, Reesor and Supryka expected back?

You are right to be worried. Larry Mellott reporting that Sypryka will be back Sunday, Buchinger suspended for 5 games. Reesor is recovering from a broken jaw, so I'm guessing he's not back until playoffs. Chayka, maybe a few more weeks? No official word.

Kudos to Zhilkin for moving back to D and not doing horribly last night. Guelph will need a few more gutsy wins to not sink in the standings before playoffs. Right now it's all about matchups. As we all know from 2019, standings don't tell the full story.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Also, if anyone is interested in tickets, PM me... I'm not going to be able to attend them all so if you want great seats below face value, shoot me a message.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Kudos to Karabela, Zhilkin, Poitras and Buchinger for their work last night at the prospects game. Karabela with a goal and an assist, Zhilkin with an assist. This is the team to look out for next year (and for a few years).

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Kudos to Karabela, Zhilkin, Poitras and Buchinger for their work last night at the prospects game. Karabela with a goal and an assist, Zhilkin with an assist. This is the team to look out for next year (and for a few years).
You guys are in a great position going forward: an entire star-studded line for the next few years (Karabela, Zhilkin, Poitras) & a top D-pairing (Allen, Buchinger). 9 other teams in the West will have to play catch up.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack Fan here coming down Friday night for another classic Attack/Storm matchup.

Wonder if any Storm posters will be in attendance if interested in a meet and greet PM.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Why was last night crowd on the small size.

Sunday games in Guelph are usually a 2pm start and popular with families. My guess would be that a Sunday night at 7pm, paired with the fact that there are a LOT of people who are sick right now, may have contributed. My kid's kindergarten class has been down 6-7 kids this week.

Reactions: three dog night

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Have any of you heard how Dixon Grimes ended up on Sudbury's roster on the OHL site?

1648747459579.png

Cynical Canadian

Nov 16, 2015
Have any of you heard how Dixon Grimes ended up on Sudbury's roster on the OHL site?

View attachment 524443
From the Sudbury paper

Guelph Storm draft pick Dixon Grimes backed up Weeks on an emergency basis Thursday. Grimes has enjoyed a strong season with Listowel of the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League, posting a .917 save percentage in 23 games.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Ugly game last night. Nothing clicking team wise in terms of passing or coordinated play. Hoping it was a one time display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad