Guelph Storm 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
It seems that you guys (along with OS) are goalie factories... So, is Grimes the 'next one', or someone else?

That's a lot of pressure to put on the kid... but it will be interesting to see how he and Bennett push each other for the crease. Bennett backed up Daws last season, so he is theoretically next in line, but I've loved what I've seen from Grimes so far.

Reactions: LDN and nelli27

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Project your lineup? How do the Storm look for this year?

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
Poitras and Karabela look fantastic. Poitras only mildly impressed me in whitby, Karabela looked like a star on a poor Gyphons team. Will be great to see what both can do with some talent surrounding them. Zhilkin is looking strong. Forsters speed is alive and well. Bowman’s game has grown quickly since his u16 season. Hopefully Allen’s game rapidly advances. He looks decent but has lots of room to grow yet. Buchinger has impressed. Paquette and Coughlan I can see making the team in fill in roles. Can’t wait to see how Pastujov fits in.

I’m excited to see what Guelph brings this year. Bennett looks to be next in line, and Grimes looked good in JrB. McIntosh was a fantastic goalie in u16 for Halton. Him and Drobac were probably the best tandem in all of Ontario.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
No idea....

Pastujov/Zhilkin/Maillet
Papais/Poitras/Bowman
Zhugin/Walker/McFarlane
Sikic/Karabela/Paquette

Chayka/Hafenrichter
Bianconi/Allen
Buchinger/Profaca

Bennett
Grimes

.... I don't hate it. It's a coin toss in the league, especially to start the season as everyone gets their legs back. Lets go for the oddest back-to-back Championship seasons in history! Haha.

Reactions: LDN

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I had written this up before we waived him:
Overagers

He is a defensive stay at home defenseman so don't expect much in the way of offense, although he can make a good first pass to exit the zone. Skating is decent, has decent gaps, and does a pretty good job at boxing out players at netfront and winning board battles. Doesn't lay any big hits, and plays a simple game. He would have been a third pairing defenseman on a contender, but could sneak into a second "shut down pairing" on a non-contender, depending on your needs.

Reactions: StormWatcher

geo105

May 3, 2014
Wawrow did not look out of place in the exhibition game solid defensive zone coverage and a good third pairing guy. One big question where will our scoring come from this year, any ideas?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
I thought there would be all sorts of chatter here regarding today's postponement. Does anyone know if it is COVID-related or otherwise?

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
They should probably take notes in Windsor about how many rumours about this sale were out there prior to the official announcement. Hopefully this situation change works out well for everyone. Unfortunately I didnt have enough saved up to make a bid :naughty:

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
It seems like there was no chatter out there and kept close to the vest.

Maybe new owners will open wallet now. :popcorn:

Reactions: sbpointer

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
JR. CANADIENS ANNOUNCE NEW OWNERSHIP | Ontario Junior A Hockey League

Same guys. I see a 2006 born Feldberg in the Jr. Canadians org. I think Sudbury and Flint fans can see where this is heading if they are indeed related.

Larry Mellot tweeted that both Feldberg and Bly have son's that play. Bly's kid could be the '05 defenceman drafted by the Firebirds.

Lord help us. If these guys interfere there will be a mutiny.

While I don't think kids should play on their parent's teams... it "worked" with Walker here because there was a larger ownership group and no one pretended that Cooper was a top 6 forward.

Reactions: djscooter

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Scott Walker stays on as President of Hockey Ops, and the team is staying put. Two good things.

Pastujov, Chayka, Walker, and Profaca are all at NHL main camps...

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Talking to myself at this point, but thoughts on tonight...

To answer a previous question about who will be the scorers... like thr recent great Storm teams, the answer is by committee. Lines one and two were lights out tonight. I cannot wait to see the additions after NHL camps.

Allen is a very good hockey player. He skates well, and had a number of passes that teammates weren't anticipating/were too hot. I look forward to when they get some games under their belt and can anticipate each other.

Like the team that are defending Champs... go ahead and underestimate, Guelph comes to play.

Reactions: LDN

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Profaca looks really good coming back from NHL camp. Wawrow isn't with the team anymore HockeyPops.

The D looks solid with Chayka, Profaca, Bianconi, Allen, and Buchinger in the top 5. Though the latter two are first years, both look solid. Allen looks like Merkley without the drama.

The Karabela, Poitras, Bowman line should stick together as our second line. We could use a really good RW as that seems to be the side lacking depth and we don't have a tonne of forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad