Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Aguanno traded to Kingston for future considerations. Wishing him all the best with the Fronts.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
giphy.gif

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Maybe at the trade deadline you get Brahaney or Paquette but Paquette you will have to add on a bit. Time will tell we have no draft picks.

Reactions: StormWatcher

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I tried to post a link to the OHL Draft Pick Database but ran into issues. I'd suggest just going to the thread titled "Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database" down below all the team threads in the Normal Threads section - the link is on the first page, first post.
thanks

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Commisso is a great pick up, gives us another scoring line as evidenced tonight. Very good team win, how long can this continue? Take one game at a time and keep the momentum going. A pleasure to watch, hope that the city catches on soon as to what we have here. Second highest scoring team in the OHL, but the team they are tied with and the team ahead have played 1 and 2 games more respectively.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
One pickup I’m really liking is Jack Hanley - steady stay at home D that doesn’t take any guff and isn’t afraid to make players in front of his net pay. And I think Merk is picking up a bit off him - been much more responsible defensively and seemingly calmer emotion-wise out there. Things are coming together nicely despite a few glaring places that need some work. Slow and steady wins the race - if they can continue to win while addressing those glaring places, good things are ahead. Be nice to see three wins by 5:00 on Sunday.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The Storm D is looking really good with Merkley & Lalonde (pt/g), Samurkov, Hanley, and Chaka is a great looking rookie.
Guelph is just looking like a real good team actually. If Popovich can just improve on his 0.902 SV% from last season..:

Last edited:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Amazing what a pile of wins do for overall moral of fans. haven’t read Guelphs forum for awhile but it’s all positive now good stuff

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
The Storm D is looking really good with Merkley & Lalonde (pt/g), Samurkov, Hanley, and Chaka is a great looking rookie.
Guelph is just looking like a real good team actually. If Popovich can just improve on his 0.902 SV% from last season..:
thinking Chayka will be a top ten pick in his NHL draft year..don't see anybody better for rookie of year yet...kids got it all for his age..team showing fire.. balance ..depth..experience.. team work..focus..nice to see young Bert smile and laugh..he and Commisso are great together...Storm big guys will be totally scary by playoff time ...Hawel..Primeau..Ratcliffe....Toropchenko .. good goal...

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
One pickup I’m really liking is Jack Hanley - steady stay at home D that doesn’t take any guff and isn’t afraid to make players in front of his net pay. And I think Merk is picking up a bit off him - been much more responsible defensively and seemingly calmer emotion-wise out there. Things are coming together nicely despite a few glaring places that need some work. Slow and steady wins the race - if they can continue to win while addressing those glaring places, good things are ahead. Be nice to see three wins by 5:00 on Sunday.
yyyyup!

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
I thought Popovich played well last night- made some big saves when game was still close. On a different note- I am very impressed with Woolley this year- second year player paired with a rookie and team leading +9. Plays a simple solid game.

Reactions: StormWatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad