Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Bravo Storm, show a really good performance thus far in the tournament.

Best of luck to Sean, Nick and Zachary and the rest of the Storm on a very entertaining tournament thus far. This tournament is short and you have to make sure you make the most of your opportunities and the Storm have thus far outscoring their opponents (12-8) thus far in the tournament.

Don’t forget Marcus! All have been valuable additions. Go Storm Go!

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Except for Grant and Wickware.

Grant did not look out of place in the games he played and Wickware is the third goalie.

And there is a great group of 2002s
hope Gogolevs ankle comes back 100%.. not there quite yet.. he'll be a valuable asset if so..

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Biggest game of the year so far good luck.

They've had 2 handfuls of biggest "games of the year" so far. Faced elimination no less than 7 times.

At least Storm fans know they will be OK with facing elimination :)

Comes down to just being better than the other team in 1 game. Something they are familiar with.

Being from London I appreciate the Suzuki/Ratcliffe combo but they have also been a thorn in my side since minor midget when I was helping out with another Alliance team. Always stepped up against us and have continued to do so thru their OHL careers.

Best of luck tonight Storm and fans.

Reactions: storm surge

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
I truly believed they would tie it up. The "comeback kids". This team will be talked about for a long long time! I am not sure another team, will ever do the things these kids did. Congrats to the Storm, and all their great fans on their OHL championship, and one amazing ride! :thumbu:

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Have to take the bitter with the sweet Storm fans.

Congrats to the former OS players and the Storm for an amazing season.:clap::clap:

Looking forward to seeing the Attack and Storm meet in 2019/20.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
An exciting trade season and deadline.

One of the best, most exciting playoff runs in the history of the OHL.

Oh so close in the semi final.

Some great hockey and some incredible players

Storm fans have lots of reasons be to thankful and proud .

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Congratulations, Storm , on a remarkable season . In following your team thread, your season full of ups and downs. A myriad of injuries, wholesale roster changes, doubters, and when it mattered most, everything came together.

No doubt , this team defied all odds, and all the hard work paid off.

While it's a disappointment today, you'll always have the JRR , and Western Conference Champs to be proud of.

Bravo , Storm . Thanks for letting us Attack fans follow along, and look forward to the friendly rivalry going forward.

The Storm and Attack are strangely connect after this season .

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Congrats on a terrific season.

I thought the team looked a little spent; Storm fans would be better able to detect that, if so.

Anyway, your team represented the league extremely well.
spent.. yes..a wonderful run though..I feel GB ran the horse into the ground a bit .. he haza rep of sitting his 1st and second year players on the bench....like since when is Chayka not at least par with phillips or Roberts or the big Russian D?..probably better if worked in regular rotation. ..if the enigma hada been moved early in season.. and Bert and Primeau had stayed.. they could likely still have had the picks for Suzuki and Durzi..I believe they would be there and win on Sunday..Oh well.; .....Still and amazing run though fellas... unforgettable ..looking forward to the end August scrimmages..

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
spent.. yes..a wonderful run though..I feel GB ran the horse into the ground a bit .. he haza rep of sitting his 1st and second year players on the bench....like since when is Chayka not at least par with phillips or Roberts or the big Russian D?..probably better if worked in regular rotation. ..if the enigma hada been moved early in season.. and Bert and Primeau had stayed.. they could likely still have had the picks for Suzuki and Durzi..I believe they would be there and win on Sunday..Oh well.; .....Still and amazing run though fellas... unforgettable ..looking forward to the end August scrimmages..

Truly was an amazing run. Kitchener, London, Saginaw and Ottawa...that's four very good to excellent hockey clubs that had to be dealt with before the MC.

It isn't easy to get that OHL crown.

Best of luck going forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad