Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Great game, great series, great playoffs! And now, the ceremonious crow-eating...

images

1. Apologies to GMGB. While I still think it's unwise to have one person doing the roles of both coach and GM, you performed them admirably. I loved some of the moves you made, and others I loathed but one thing was made clear - it's obvious why he is in charge and I am not. Kudos to a job well done...I was wrong.

2. Another apology to Anthony Popovich. I have been a critic of his for three years, and all he did this year is win. It may not have been pretty some nights...in fact, some nights it was downright ugly, but in the end he was there when needed and won 16 games through a playoffs that saw him play what were likely the three best teams in the OHL. On the banners that will be raised in September, it's not going to describe how the games were won, they will just read; CHAMPIONS, and he was a big part of that. Kudos and congrats Poppy, I was wrong.

3. One last apology to some of my fellow posters....when things looked grim early on, and when the piling on began some of you never waivered and stayed positive choosing to believe in the squad, rather than pointing out it's inconsistencies. For the few of you I am talking about, you know who you are. Thank you for keeping this board mainly positive and for keeping the naysayers like myself in line as well as can be expected. Again, I was wrong.

Lastly, a congrats to my fellow Storm fans (as well as those who hopped on the bandwagon from other fanbases) and a thank you. Someone else mentioned this already but you folks were a class act. Never getting ahead of yourselves and always keeping things in perspective while being respectful, earned us a lot of goodwill around here and it did not go unnoticed. Many other fans tried to rile us up, put us down and otherwise make us feel inferior but we rarely ventured out of our threads to do the same. We are fiercely loyal to our team, but not in a way that puts down others at the same time. Much like our boys in Crimson, I think we keyboard warriors had a great playoff run too!

So, now it's on to Halifax. I'm hopeful they can get done what this team got so close to doing in 13/14...bringing the Memorial Cup back to The Royal City!

Who is making the trip?!?!!?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Congrats Storm Players, Coaches, Staff and Fans!!
A lot of character on this team especially when they're facing elimination!

Reactions: JMCx4

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I too will eat crow re: criticisms of Burnett - he pulled it off!!!
It was a joy that it was on home ice as well, the building was loud, and it was a great Mother's Day gift as I got to share that moment with my little one.

Wish I could head to Halifax, would've made for a good impromptu family vacation but my daugher's birthday is the weekend of the finals. Perhaps the Storm will deliver a birthday gift. Looking forward to the welcome home celebration following the tourney and then will be in hockey hangover mode.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Great game, great series, great playoffs! And now, the ceremonious crow-eating...

images

1. Apologies to GMGB. While I still think it's unwise to have one person doing the roles of both coach and GM, you performed them admirably. I loved some of the moves you made, and others I loathed but one thing was made clear - it's obvious why he is in charge and I am not. Kudos to a job well done...I was wrong.

2. Another apology to Anthony Popovich. I have been a critic of his for three years, and all he did this year is win. It may not have been pretty some nights...in fact, some nights it was downright ugly, but in the end he was there when needed and won 16 games through a playoffs that saw him play what were likely the three best teams in the OHL. On the banners that will be raised in September, it's not going to describe how the games were won, they will just read; CHAMPIONS, and he was a big part of that. Kudos and congrats Poppy, I was wrong.

3. One last apology to some of my fellow posters....when things looked grim early on, and when the piling on began some of you never waivered and stayed positive choosing to believe in the squad, rather than pointing out it's inconsistencies. For the few of you I am talking about, you know who you are. Thank you for keeping this board mainly positive and for keeping the naysayers like myself in line as well as can be expected. Again, I was wrong.

Lastly, a congrats to my fellow Storm fans (as well as those who hopped on the bandwagon from other fanbases) and a thank you. Someone else mentioned this already but you folks were a class act. Never getting ahead of yourselves and always keeping things in perspective while being respectful, earned us a lot of goodwill around here and it did not go unnoticed. Many other fans tried to rile us up, put us down and otherwise make us feel inferior but we rarely ventured out of our threads to do the same. We are fiercely loyal to our team, but not in a way that puts down others at the same time. Much like our boys in Crimson, I think we keyboard warriors had a great playoff run too!

So, now it's on to Halifax. I'm hopeful they can get done what this team got so close to doing in 13/14...bringing the Memorial Cup back to The Royal City!

Who is making the trip?!?!!?
Thanks for allowing this Attack fan to follow along, and enjoy the excitement you guys are all feeling .

You now own bragging rights with those green jerseys down the highway, having won four championships since the Attack were born . Well done.

I'd vote George Burnett Executive of the year. I honestly don't know how he pulls his pants in every morning, that guy has got big b**ls to do what he did.
Ripping the cornerstone out of this team mid stride, and building a better mousetrap.

The guy is a genius.

I'll be following along at the Memorial Cup.

P.S., your playoff run cost me a sh^tl"*d of money, we bought all the final games but one on OHL Live and many of series 2 and 3 as well.

Enjoyed every shift. And extremely proud of your Storm boys/ our Attack boys.

This fall the job of developing more of the same begins at the Bayshore.

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Thanks for allowing this Attack fan to follow along, and enjoy the excitement you guys are all feeling .

You now own bragging rights with those green jerseys down the highway, having won four championships since the Attack were born . Well done.

I'd vote George Burnett Executive of the year. I honestly don't know how he pulls his pants in every morning, that guy has got big b**ls to do what he did.
Ripping the cornerstone out of this team mid stride, and building a better mousetrap.

The guy is a genius.

I'll be following along at the Memorial Cup.

P.S., your playoff run cost me a sh^tl"*d of money, we bought all the final games but one on OHL Live and many of series 2 and 3 as well.

Enjoyed every shift. And extremely proud of your Storm boys/ our Attack boys.

This fall the job of developing more of the same begins at the Bayshore.

Yes, I agree, Burnett is Exec of the Year. Also said this at the deadline if you go back and look.

Two solid OA’s in Hanley/Commissio early.
Then the #1 priority to ship out 6 and set the team cancer free Dec 14th. Brought in Gogolev and picks. Bertuzzi our for more picks. Added Entwistle, Phillips, Gordeev, Suzuki, Durzi, Roberts, all good players, but even better young men. Because of their qualities they bonded quickly with their teammates, which in turn helped with all the adversity they came up with in their playoff run.

IMO an automatic runner-up would be Roger Hunt. Added Villati from Rangers in the summer, 3 very good OA’s, Salintri, Saigeon, Mattinen as well as Neumann who will be a top OA this coming year. Then sent out Brassard/Studnicks for picks and a quality young d in Moore, and then beat a very good Nia team in the 2nd round.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Yes, I agree, Burnett is Exec of the Year. Also said this at the deadline if you go back and look.

Two solid OA’s in Hanley/Commissio early.
Then the #1 priority to ship out 6 and set the team cancer free Dec 14th. Brought in Gogolev and picks. Bertuzzi our for more picks. Added Entwistle, Phillips, Gordeev, Suzuki, Durzi, Roberts, all good players, but even better young men. Because of their qualities they bonded quickly with their teammates, which in turn helped with all the adversity they came up with in their playoff run.

IMO an automatic runner-up would be Roger Hunt. Added Villati from Rangers in the summer, 3 very good OA’s, Salintri, Saigeon, Mattinen as well as Neumann who will be a top OA this coming year. Then sent out Brassard/Studnicks for picks and a quality young d in Moore, and then beat a very good Nia team in the 2nd round.

Also traded away Primeau for picks and used those. Exec of the year because he went for it and it worked out - that is always a good story! If they did not win, this scenario would look similar to Niagara, with little to move forward with and tough seasons ahead, but that is the cycle, and it makes sense if you win. Getting 6,9 for what they paid was the difference, but there were a few questionable moves earlier as well. Still all worked out. Winning is the ultimate goal.

Reactions: Chico Maki

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
According to their Instagram, it looks like they took a flight and arrived today.

Interesting - that would explain why some Twitter feeds showed up earlier in the day. I also saw Twitter pics that showed the bus pulling out earlier today but would not have made it to Halifax in time for some other footage I saw on Twitter. Was the bus that pulled out a fan bus?

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Interesting - that would explain why some Twitter feeds showed up earlier in the day. I also saw Twitter pics that showed the bus pulling out earlier today but would not have made it to Halifax in time for some other footage I saw on Twitter. Was the bus that pulled out a fan bus?

Never mind - I just saw the bus pulled out to take all of them to the airport.

Best of luck Storm! Go Storm Go! Bring it home boys!

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Best of luck in Halifax storm and fans! Bring the Mem back to the O! Heres hoping for a fun exciting tourney. Hopefully all the adversity you have faced up until this point will help pave the way to the championship!

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad