Confirmed with Link: Gudbranson re-signs for 2 years, $2.5m/year

BureCT22

May 8, 2014
to be fair, Gudbranson is not the best Dman from that draft class. He is no where valued as 1st round talent so Tallon really missed the boat on this one. I'm sorry, the kid turns his hips very slowly and gets beat on his right side almost every single game I've watched him play. I really hope everyone on here is right by saying he's still learning and maturing into the talent Tallon drafted him to be but I'm not as optimistic as some. I think he's a 2nd pairing guy at best.

God help us if Ekblad ends up being just as bad. Then this team will be another 5 years in the wrong direction.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
it's the same thing with you. you always act like you're not some type of irrational gudbranson homer, yet you are.

i bashed kulikov just as much, saying he is terrible as well for long stretches...yet you only single out gudbranson in your post. wonder why?

the dude's been bad. deal with it.

Cause I've hammered Kuli probably more than most, I agree with that assessment of him and have said the same. I don't, however, think Guds is close to how you say and all your terribles, awfuls, etc are just hyperbole. I literally reply just because of that. I know some pretty good hockey minds who're down on him, but none come remotely close to your definitions. I've said he needs to improve, and he does.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Cause I've hammered Kuli probably more than most, I agree with that assessment of him and have said the same. I don't, however, think Guds is close to how you say and all your terribles, awfuls, etc are just hyperbole. I literally reply just because of that. I know some pretty good hockey minds who're down on him, but none come remotely close to your definitions. I've said he needs to improve, and he does.

Exactly my point.

He's been just as bad (if not worse) than Kulikov during their poor stretches. They both deserve the criticism.

Yet you defend Gudbranson, and bash Kulikov

That's the double standard that proves your irrational defense of Gudbranson. You're a homer when it comes to certain players. generally the ones that fight.

That's where we are different. I don't give a **** if the players name is Gudbranson, Kulikov, Campbell, Olsen. If they suck, i'm going to say they suck. If they're good, I'll say they're good. It's that simple for me.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yeah, I'm the irrational one.

He's not as bad as you make him out to be. I don't care about names either chief, and I bashed Parros, so there goes that argument. You're no pioneer, or trendsetter. I bashed Louie while he was still a Panther, same with Horton, Bouw, the list goes on. I get on players who've earned it.

You're outta control with the kid. Has Kuli had similar injuries? Paired almost always with jovo? Did you miss completely how different he was with more responsible/quicker defenders?? Was it really that lost on you that he was also keeping an eye on how Jovo was out there?

You DESPISE the pick, so unless he turns into Pronger somehow, you'll always be harsh. It's ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Yeah, I'm the irrational one.

He's not as bad as you make him out to be. I don't care about names either chief, and I bashed Parros, so there goes that argument. You're no pioneer, or trendsetter. I bashed Louie while he was still a Panther, same with Horton, Bouw, the list goes on. I get on players who've earned it.

you bashed players you don't like, and endlessly (and unwarranted) defend players you do like.

naming individual players does nothing to prove any type of counter-argument.

you have a love-affair with Guds, that simple. plenty of people agree that he has been really bad so far in his career.

You're outta control with the kid. Has Kuli had similar injuries?

Excuse #1

Paired almost always with jovo?

Excuse #2

Did you miss completely how different he was with more responsible/quicker defenders??

He had a decent stretch in the playoffs and a decent stretch paired with Olsen.

Jovanovski missed the entire 2012-2013 season, and Gudbranson had his worst season that season.

who you going to blame then? the shoulder injury? his partners? :laugh:
Was it really that lost on you that he was also keeping an eye on how Jovo was out there?

See: Excuse #1

Brian Campbell was paired with Filip Kuba for half a season. Campbell still looked like Brian Campbell.

Filip Kuba looked like Filip Kuba.

You DESPISE the pick, so unless he turns into Pronger somehow, you'll always be harsh. It's ridiculous.

you wouldn't think someone could be as wrong as you constantly are, but you're good at it.. i've said countless times i'd be thrilled if Guds amounted to be a physical 2nd pairing blueliner. that's all i ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Didn't read, no point. I see "excuse #"...I saw I have a love affair, you have a love affair with bashing the kid. Just more of the same I'm sure.

You're gonna continue to bash him, I'm gonna come in and laugh at your assessment, and watch as you become unhinged. As usual, cause you're always spot on. The hockey genius, lol. We get guys like you from time to time.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Alright you two, tone it down with the personal attacks before this thread derails any further.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Didn't read, no point. I see "excuse #"...I saw I have a love affair, you have a love affair with bashing the kid. Just more of the same I'm sure.

You're gonna continue to bash him, I'm gonna come in and laugh at your assessment, and watch as you become unhinged. As usual, cause you're always spot on. The hockey genius, lol. We get guys like you from time to time.

the hockey genius?

i like it. remember, your words, not mine :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad