Confirmed with Link: Gudbranson re-signs for 2 years, $2.5m/year

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sweet. Hopefully a majority of the RFA deals will be done by Saturday.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
yeah, gudbranson will probably sign a long term contract around 5 in two years, going to be beast in two years if he can stay healthy

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Ill shoot the Panthers in the foot so they don't have to pull the trigger if they think a long term contract at 5 is a good idea.

Two years from now we may release him, trade him or sign him to an $40 million dollar contract.

I can see many, many scenarios (most of them) where we would want him locked up until his thirties. The question would more likely be AAV than term.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Two years from now we may release him, trade him or sign him to an $40 million dollar contract.

I can see many, many scenarios (most of them) where we would want him locked up until his thirties. The question would more likely be AAV than term.

I agree. No reason to get ahead of ourselves though. Don't make the same Olesz mistake.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Hopefully he develops into an NHL-calibre player in the next 2 years.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I think two years is perfect for the time being. He still has a lot to prove himself on the ice to play up to the expectations we had when being picked third overall. Although, yes he has been an asset to have in the locker room for sure. I think he'll definitely learn as time goes on to become a good overall defenseman. I'm expecting him to earn around $4-5M total. If he succeeds in a year, perhaps that length and amount will grow in his next contract.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I don't think they're "10.5M good" though. Just my opinion.

Unless the CD keeps on falling(haven't been paying attention to currency recently), in 2-3 years those numbers will probably be considered a steal.

If this CBA was around 4-5 years ago, no way players like Hossa, Keith, Luongo, Erhoff, get those 4-5 million dollar cap hit deals spread over a decade*.

Give or take a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad