Gudbranson lays out rookie Dube

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The only thing wrong with this contact is the timing. Was a buddy pass that Gudbranson simply misjudged - Dube was going to get crushed no matter what. There's no contact to the head, though, simply a hard hit. Can't really fault Dube, either, that was a terrible situation to pass it to him.

Interference is absolutely the right call. Nothing more, though. Don't know why Hamonic decided to fight him - I hate this mindset of fighting after any big hit. If he got hurt in the fight, that's on him.
Did Dube touch the puck?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Did Dube touch the puck?

nope, but the puck was in play reach, (or as in the puck was near him) so he doesn't exactly have to touch the puck. You yourself should know by now if you've been following hockey long enough.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Haha great seeing Hamonic getting punched like that. Guy sucks ass
There's a technical term for people who don't like Travis Hamonic, and that term is "asshat". Seriously, he is one of the absolute greatest guys in the whole league, I hope Gudbranson has a run in with Ross the Boss when he visits Brooklyn and gets his clock cleaned.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Gudbranson is a terrible defenseman but at least he can fight. For his sake he better hope Prout isn't in the lineup on Saturday.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What the hell is Gudbranson doing?
Reading the play. Flames D wanted to move the puck to the kid but a Canuck was in between the 2 flames so the Dman bounced the pass off the boards instead. Gudbranson expected a direct pass and stepped into Dube. But the angle of the pass off the boards didn’t get to dube thus gudbranson ended up hitting him without the puck.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
The only thing wrong with this contact is the timing. Was a buddy pass that Gudbranson simply misjudged - Dube was going to get crushed no matter what. There's no contact to the head, though, simply a hard hit. Can't really fault Dube, either, that was a terrible situation to pass it to him.

Interference is absolutely the right call. Nothing more, though. Don't know why Hamonic decided to fight him - I hate this mindset of fighting after any big hit. If he got hurt in the fight, that's on him.

It was an early hit on a rookie literally playing his first NHL game. I'd be embarrassed if that happened to my team and someone DIDNT fight afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad